• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 cutscene maybe-accidentally shown [Actually is MCC cutscene]

LQX

Sounds good to me. He has a very elegant voice which is throwing some off I think. Is the actor British?

I hate to add more fuel to the fire but I agree Locke sounds......off. Not bad just kind of weird to the way his armor looks. Just doesn't seem to mesh.

Keith David sounds amazing as all hell though.

Crappy videogame VO, check. Ridiculous videogame storytelling, check. Is this realtime or pre-rendered? It's 2014, there's no excuse to do pre-rendered anymore.

Crappy videogame VO, check. Ridiculous videogame storytelling, check. Is this realtime or pre-rendered? It's 2014, there's no excuse to do pre-rendered anymore.

Not sure where the "ridiculous videogame storytelling" comes in...

Anyway:

1) the whole "it's year X so Y" is so arbitrary and silly.
2) This is from the Master Chief Collection. Exactly what engine should this cutscene be running in if they're not supposed to pre-render it? Are they supposed to include the unfinished Halo 5 engine just to render the cutscene live, or are they supposed to just pick a random pre-existing Halo engine and just go with it?

voices are fine, but the dialog in this particular 1 minute barn footage is cheddar cheesy. nobody talks like that...

if they're giving locke a wiseguy personality, i don't think it'll fit the voice.

https://vid.me/GJg

All I know is someone was streaming, He selected the h2a campaign map"the heretic". The video is all that was shown before he quit out. Shortly after he ended the stream.
Reddit thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2latpy/halo_5_cutscene_leakednew/

I hope posting this is kosher

EDIT: Or rather, the bridge cutscenes from MCC linking the first trilogy to 5 in Lockes search, more likely.

Oh shiet they kept his design from the comics

raven777

Quality of the pre-rendered cutscene looks amazing, even with shitty video quality and lag.

The new character's armor looks great, but was surprised at the voice.

Arby's armor was seen in the Escalation comics.

Thel_2558.png

He looks like a fucking Bionicle here.

JNT

Locke's voice got me immediately thinking of Alucard in Symphony of the Night.

[edit]
When the player enters the menu you can plainly see "The Heretic", which is a level from Halo 2. Should be no doubt that this is from MCC at this point.

Thoraxes

"I'm not hunting any Spartan, i'm hunting the spartan."

Where could Chief have gone?

I feel like i'm being pushed to buy an Xbone and the MCC because the Halo universe and lore is my comfort food.

This looks more like the intro to MCC

Remember, MCC is told as Locke learning how Master Chief works by going through his history. It's in the E3 trailer itself.

You still trolling?

No. I'm just surprised and disappointing that Halo 5 will have CG cut scenes. It made sense in H2A, but there's no reason not to have in engine cut scenes in H5 so as not to interrupt the flow between gameplay and cut scenes.

tuna_love

Banned
No. I'm just surprised and disappointing that Halo 5 will have CG cut scenes. It made sense in H2A, but there's no reason not to have in engine cut scenes in H5 so as not to interrupt the flow between gameplay and cut scenes.
How do you know halo 5 will have pre rendered cut scenes?

GnawtyDog

Banned
Yep Halo 5 alright. The question is, how far of a drop off will the in-game models be. 343i is pretty damn big....I expect them to compete with ND even with limited hardware....last I checked their manpower was like 350+ and Halo 4 shipped in 12'. That puts them roughly about 3 years for this game when it ships.

darthbob

Not really digging the Mike Colter VO in this video. I'm optimistic though, if it gets enough of a fan reaction they can make some 'alterations' for H5.

hopefully we won't run into another 'wizard came from the moon' situation

It ties into the setting for MCC

Locke seeing Chief's history

See the announcement trailer

The developer is looking to add some new gameplay moments that "bookend" the new Halo 2 cinematics, and is adding a new epilogue and prologue that tease and set up Halo 5: Guardians.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/9/5793572/halo-master-chief-collection-xbox-one

Ah, my bad. That's actually pretty cool, figured Nightfall would be the only branch for Locke into the Halo universe.

Seems his role will be much more fleshed out than I previously thought it would be.

Defect

Yep Halo 5 alright. The question is, how far of a drop off will be the in-game models. 343i is pretty damn big....I expect them to compete with ND even with limited hardware....last I checked their manpower was like 350+ and Halo 4 shipped in 12'. That puts them roughly about 3 years for this game when it ships.
The cutscene is from MCC, not Halo 5.

EVIL

Wait, so where is the cut scene from then? We're getting Halo 5 stingers in MCC?

I think the Masterchief collection is more then just a reskin. I think you are Agent Locke in the HD editions, walking in the chiefs footsteps, going trough what he went trough, as a sort of interactive recording and it will tie in directly to Halo 5

if you watch this trailer it kinds makes sense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re4SHwP-7Sk

so that cutscene is not necessarily from halo 5, it could be cutscenes from the Master chief collection between major parts of the games, like in AC where you wake up back in the chair.

Ominym

Banned
The clip is from The Master Chief Collection and is the fill in the gaps prelude for before Halo 5.

The thread title needs to be changed.

That said, I thought this looked pretty good but hey, Blur be wizards and all. Voice acting really wasn't good on Locke's behalf, but the Arbiter and the other elite were great. The Arbiter's redesign is one of the few design decisions 343i has made that haven't been truly awful.

Hubble

Expected a far better in-depth script literature wise in the grandeur of Halo sci-fi. Locke's script sounds way too bro-ey.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Nothing a mistake. Its an intro for Halo 2 and there is also an outro at the end of Halo 2. I haven't completed yet to see what the outro is like.

Locke seems to be a badass.

Don't really like Thel's new armour, think it looks a bit too over designed.

looking forward to replaying all these games when I eventually get an Xbox One, also looking forward to catching up with all the lore that I've missed :D

Top Bottom