• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Gameplay Demo (E3 2015)

It didn't really help that the stream was having issues during the Halo 5 segment. Regardless, it looked almost exactly like Halo 4? I am going to have to reserve my judgment for when they release it in true quality, but still.

Dunno, I am a massive massive Halo fan, but it went by so quickly. I just find it hard to grasp that that little segment was 'all there is'.

I also agree with the former posters. The previews said that the levels are gigantic and that they have gone back to the more classic Halo open level design. Then they show a very linear and cinematic segment at the conference? Maybe that's why it reminded me of Halo 4..

16BitNova

I was looking forward to this the most and left very disappointed... Didn't even get to see any Master Chief gameplay, just these wannabes. I just know I'm gonna dread the Locke segments of the game.

Screenshots from the Battle of Sunaion Level - Here are all of them!
b515b522bcfe8553814ee3c761348b0d.jpg

a7e47f16fdd93000b05d6e0580cd0c32.jpg

h5-guardians-cinematic-campaign-battle-of-sunaion-plans-and-portents-127d216217514c00a7adbd73e3241d67.jpg

a812023581093521f460167bf1ef49de.jpg

Falchion

I'm hoping that was just a particularly part of the game and most of it will be more open like traditional Halo games.

Z3M0G

Is this the main thread to discuss the demo? Not much reaction... perhaps they opened with it for a reason.

Looks awesome and can't wait to play it.

Little hint of Cortana in there. Buck being the leveled headed Spartan keeping things real. The Domain was not destroyed?! Chief was chosen by the forerunner because of his geas and he's now AWOL?! And of course the return of the King, the Arbiter!

Biggest takeaway: Enemies speak English again!

Hell yeah.

Squad mechanics could be neat, but it'll make for a very different Halo. Too bad the enemies all looked like total pushovers in the demo.

Top Bottom