• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta Thread | Hot Red on Blue Action

I have had maybe 2 successful assassinations out of the 18 I have tried. Shit sucks.

Also, I'm bummed I got knocked down to Silver 1, but I love playing with all these Bronze 3s. Crushing em so hard.

I have done so many assassinations that I never intended. I don't like to do them because of the situation it puts you in. There are times I just tap the RB and it will do an assassination instead of just doing a regular melee.

Madness

So glad they returned to AR starts. I was sick of playing Halo 2 and 3 all over again.

I'd laugh, but then these days, I don't know what is genuine or sarcasm.

Yeah it's real fun to have good teams all dong on you with BR, DMR or light rifle, while you're stuck trying to move from spawn with a shitty AR. Such an unskilled weapon.

RowdyReverb

Finding matches is so fucking hard in this game, goddamn. I've only found one match in the past 24 minutes. I've gotten in so many full lobbies that refuse to start so someone always quits.
If it makes you feel better, I think most of them are getting disconnected when the map attempts to load rather than quitting.

rakka

This game is so biased against non US players, or at least it seems that way. I know I'm not this bad at the game haha. (Aus)

Can't find a game half the time

Also, the graphics suck worse than previous halos, can't see a god damn thing. Sword is horrible. Lighting is shit, better off without that over the top bloom shit.

Gangsta crap fails so hard and is embarrassing

Oh and xbone sticks are a downgrade from 360

All in all a disappointment so far, haven't eve gotten into detail re: other issues, games so depressing that can't be fucked.

Surely this is alpha not even beta lol

This game is so biased against non US players, or at least it seems that way. I know I'm not this bad at the game haha. (Aus)

Surely this is alpha not even beta lol

I stopped playing this a while back (AUS here too) cause of lag.
I bought bf4, went to multiplayer, then selected a server in the browser.

IS IT TOO HARD?

Respawn does it, EA fucken does it., and anyone else I don't know about.

Im a big halo fan who bought an xbox just for this, Just fix this shit, 343, Microsoft, I don't care.

JUST FIX IT!!!

End rant.

Tango101

Neo Member

Can't find a game half the time

It's even bad for us Canadians. The lag problems for this game and MCC especially are atrocious. I gave up early this week even trying to play.

rakka

^^

To be honest the lag is worse than in all previous halos. Like, it's even lagging when it looks like it's not lagging! Sure , smooth as shit at 60fps and movement isn't even "laggy" most of the time, but My shots just don't seem to connect, I hit all my BR shots perfect for eg and I still get taken down from full shields in no time! Takes forever to kill an enemy but it seems it takes next to nothing to bring me down

Yep, fix this shit

Sad that I have to resort to COD and soon probs BF for my fps fix

At least when I die in COD these days I understand why instead of scratching my head confused and yes raging

Oh, and while we're on that topic... The death music IS FUCKING IRRITATING. Lol

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
My god, AR starts are so much better.
14056247320_72690edb20_o.png

Leyasu

Banned
^^

To be honest the lag is worse than in all previous halos. Like, it's even lagging when it looks like it's not lagging! Sure , smooth as shit at 60fps and movement isn't even "laggy" most of the time, but My shots just don't seem to connect, I hit all my BR shots perfect for eg and I still get taken down from full shields in no time! Takes forever to kill an enemy but it seems it takes next to nothing to bring me down

Yep, fix this shit

Sad that I have to resort to COD and soon probs BF for my fps fix

At least when I die in COD these days I understand why instead of scratching my head confused and yes raging

Oh, and while we're on that topic... The death music IS FUCKING IRRITATING. Lol

Yeah this game disguises lag really well. But the latency is clear as day.

Your shots don't register because the person you are shooting at is no longer in the position that he his on your screen. Just like when they are standing on your plasma grenade when it goes off and they are still alive.

Like you said in your previous post, everyone let's you select where you play except 343... Obviously they know better! Just look at the MCC and now this beta for confirmation of their superior matchmaking knowledge ;-).

Sarcasm aside, the current setup for both the MCC and the halo 5 is a complete and utter failure.. Their system is beyond fucking useless.

Don't fuck this up 343! Put in a chosen the datacenter option for the full game.

Yeah this game disguises lag really well. But the latency is clear as day.

Your shots don't register because the person you are shooting at is no longer in the position that he his on your screen. Just like when they are standing on your plasma grenade when it goes off and they are still alive.

Like you said in your previous post, everyone let's you select where you play except 343... Obviously they know better! Just look at the MCC and now this beta for confirmation of their superior matchmaking knowledge ;-).

Sarcasm aside, the current setup for both the MCC and the halo 5 is a complete and utter failure.. Their system is beyond fucking useless.

Don't fuck this up 343! Put in a chosen the datacenter option for the full game.

They also need to patch one into The Master Chief Collection. It's so terrible that the majority of the player base thought they were playing on p2p connections for 2 months (which, granted, they probably were a small percentage of the time).

Gotta please that ign.
https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/556341878765789184

Someone should change the gif from EA giving money to ign to 343 giving the derp rifle to IGN for 11/10.

I wouldnt be so pissed if they didnt actually think that AR only starts are seriously a possibility for the slayer playlist.
Dont get me wrong, I really like Halo 5 so far (minus a few tweaks), but AR starts just ruin pretty much every good thing about this game.

But those iron/bronze player like it I guess...

That was me just now, well. We went rushed them as three but I was the one to die. Unfortunate. My heart hasn't pounded like that in an MP game in a long time

Pushing as a team is different then the Lone Wolf :) (of which I was speaking). You can see him/her on your screen pushing up on their own and then "Your Team Lost."

Gotta love those US servers. I get lunged by sword users (and normal melee) from a mile away. Getting tagged once by a pistol will drop my shield to 50%.

Another fun occurrence was when I was able to walk out of somebody's assassination animation, only to drop dead 2 seconds later.

Now seemingly the game is back to AR starts, practicly forcing me to play on default or weep.

Then getting that one game on a EU server, and all my sorrows wash away.

Leyasu

Banned
Gotta love those US servers. I get lunged by sword users (and normal melee) from a mile away. Getting tagged once by a pistol will drop my shield to 50%.

Another fun occurrence was when I was able to walk out of somebody's assassination animation, only to drop dead 2 seconds later.

Now seemingly the game is back to AR starts, practicly forcing me to play on default or weep.

Then getting that one game on a EU server, and all my sorrows wash away.

Its truly fucking awful playing on US servers. I got assassinated from the front the other day. I also had it where a guy threw a grenade then killed my with one dmr shot before the grenade exploded lol wtf??

I actually like Orion? Being on the ground isn't a death sentence as in Eden, and neither does it have the stupid corridors of death that require you to sprint through. My opinion could change as I play more of it though.

You mean the spray and pray + mash melee whenever possible? Yeah, that's quality gameplay.

Blame the levels that that is even possible, correct? Real shooting distances (read mid range) changes spray / pray to be completely useless. Hence the inclusion of the pistol as a secondary weapon.

Madness

Did they really switch it back to AR starts?

Yep. Don't be surprised if AR starts or SMG starts are again default for Halo in 2015. Just sad, not only is AR basically a noob rifle in this game, but scoped allows it easy mid range killing with little skill involved. Lower level play, most deaths are just some random crouched and scoped somewhere. Coupled with motion tracker, very little stealth or skill is actually in play. Just a big spray and pray, nade spam fest.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yep. Don't be surprised if AR starts or SMG starts are again default for Halo in 2015. Just sad, not only is AR basically a noob rifle in this game, but scoped allows it easy mid range killing with little skill involved. Lower level play, most deaths are just some random crouched and scoped somewhere. Coupled with motion tracker, very little stealth or skill is actually in play. Just a big spray and pray, nade spam fest.
kill me please

3DShovel

It's even bad for us Canadians. The lag problems for this game and MCC especially are atrocious. I gave up early this week even trying to play.
No it's not. I have yet to experience a laggy game. Overall I've been impressed with the connection quality of the beta.

Madness

No it's not. I have yet to experience a laggy game. Overall I've been impressed with the connection quality of the beta.

Agreed. I think only one game was a bit laggy otherwise the matches have been rock solid and smooth for me too. The only issues have been when one person leaves and it takes forever to find an 8th player before match start, or the excuse us errors. The way H5 has played is what I was expecting out of MCC with dedicated servers. Played nearly double the h5 beta matches in two weeks, than MCC matches in two months.

Seeing as US and surrounding countries are having a blast and only they can fill in the survey, I am quite anxious about the final results.

Just had a game on EU, damn it feels so good. Shots register, people die, my aim feels stickier/better.

Probably just gonna quit out of every US game, it's downright terrible and disgusting how advantageous it is for them. Hopefully that sends a message.

When i realized it was AR/Pistol starts it was really hard to adjust. lol

I got accustomed to view my sight lines with every corner and try to pick off people if i knew i could get a 4 shot in before they went around a corner. Also i planned my engagements a lot differently. More so with distance/cover. Now it felt more as if flanking/surprise/melee stuff.

Now with AR/Pistol i am swapping weapons left and right depending on situation. They've moved some weapon locations and noticed on Empire that BRs are not everywhere anymore like lower steps of snipe and sword spawn.

It does play a lot different and I can really see it now. The pace definitely changes and i've had some really upsetting deaths where they spammed the AR from across the map and somehow popped my shields or killed me. (EX: Security ramp ADS to Stairs to outside of Sword) That AR range man....

So far I've been trying to become better with the Pistol and DMR since every time i pick up a BR the ammo is usually lower than expected and i can't just have it as my only weapon of choice anymore.

I think people who just want the 4 shots or nade/1shot really dislike the variety of starting with ARs. I don't care either way, but i'm just glad i wont spawn and become pelted by 2-4 spartans have BRs w/ max ammo.

JimiNutz

Banned
Seeing as US and surrounding countries are having a blast and only they can fill in the survey, I am quite anxious about the final results.

Just had a game on EU, damn it feels so good. Shots register, people die, my aim feels stickier/better.

Probably just gonna quit out of every US game, it's downright terrible and disgusting how advantageous it is for them. Hopefully that sends a message.

My biggest concern right now is for UK/EU players.
I only want to play with people in my region. No Americans, no Mexicans, no Australians. It's nothing personal, I love you guys, but it sucks for online gaming regardless of how good your connection is. I only want to play with people in my region. Ideally I'd only like to play with people in the UK.

JackHerer

AR starts for the rest of the beta?!

Wow..... I was really looking forward to some marathon sessions with the beta during these last couple days. Now I'm not sure if I even want to play at all.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Would it be too much to ask to not make it possible to steal kills if I'm doing an assassination?

Adds to the risk and reward factor of doing so?

huh, i actually tried to the other day and it didnt seem like i could. i didnt think my shots were registering. i too would like to see the guy performing the assassination get the kill and the thief, should get a yoink medal for an assist.

When i realized it was AR/Pistol starts it was really hard to adjust. lol

I got accustomed to view my sight lines with every corner and try to pick off people if i knew i could get a 4 shot in before they went around a corner. Also i planned my engagements a lot differently. More so with distance/cover. Now it felt more as if flanking/surprise/melee stuff.

Now with AR/Pistol i am swapping weapons left and right depending on situation. They've moved some weapon locations and noticed on Empire that BRs are not everywhere anymore like lower steps of snipe and sword spawn.

It does play a lot different and I can really see it now. The pace definitely changes and i've had some really upsetting deaths where they spammed the AR from across the map and somehow popped my shields or killed me. (EX: Security ramp ADS to Stairs to outside of Sword) That AR range man....

So far I've been trying to become better with the Pistol and DMR since every time i pick up a BR the ammo is usually lower than expected and i can't just have it as my only weapon of choice anymore.

I think people who just want the 4 shots or nade/1shot really dislike the variety of starting with ARs. I don't care either way, but i'm just glad i wont spawn and become pelted by 2-4 spartans have BRs w/ max ammo.

AR starts AND less BR spawns!? wtf, this is horrid if true.

Top Bottom