• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

The Hydra on Eden is easily the best map for it in the game, as far as the Arena maps go. Eden is probably my favorite map in the game. I kinda wish they'd add the OS/Camo into the Slayer map as well. It has great weapon placement that forces you to constantly move around the map.

I don't think any of the Arena maps are bad, just some could benefit greatly from different powerups/weapons.

The hydra on Basin helped my ass out in a tight CTF that eventually ended in a tie. Love it's lock on ability there.

On a related note, just picked up an Xbox Elite controller. Only one was in Stock and I just randomly called the store and have been doing so since I picked up my Halo 5 copy at launch. Can't wait to see what it's like, whether it'll help.

E92 M3

The hydra on Basin helped my ass out in a tight CTF that eventually ended in a tie. Love it's lock on ability there.

On a related note, just picked up an Xbox Elite controller. Only one was in Stock and I just randomly called the store and have been doing so since I picked up my Halo 5 copy at launch. Can't wait to see what it's like, whether it'll help.

Congratulations on purchasing the best controller ever made.

Raide

Tweaked my controls as per the Halo control thread and it certainly makes a difference for me. I can actually kill people! Sometimes...

Been playing Warzone Assault and its amazing how one sided it can be if things go your way. I like this more concentrated Warzone feel. I would like to see some much bigger maps personally.

Definitely reduce your Deadzone as much as possible. If you like the current controls just keep acceleration at 3 (although I recommend trying 2) but there is no reason not to fix the shitty inner deadzone in this game.

Only played Noctus once (nice map so far) but I am so bored of Warzone on the launch maps that I havent been inclined to search it that much. It needs to have a higher weighting for the first week. Overgrowth may be even worse than Plaza from what I've played. Tight corridors do not play well in this game. So much made spam. Sword AND Shotty was a horrendous decision as well. Like, seriously guys? Who thought that was a good idea.

Whoever does the power weapon set up for each map (if it's one person) needs to reconsider their philosophy.

I feel like the Hydra is actually more functionally similar to the plasma launcher, albeit much weaker. The lock-on of the Hydra always reminded me of the PL. I guess the primary fire of the caster is similar though with non homing plasmas if I remember correctly. Actually it's almost like they split it into two weapons. Too bad they both kind of suck.

I always loved that weapon even if it was kinda OP at times. On the other hand, the grenade launcher is still the best designed weapon in Reach. Would love to see it return.

Yeah, I'll mess with it tonight and see what I like.

Once you get a competent team in Warzone on Noctus, you'll love it. It's just a great map no matter how you look at it. I've played on it twice, losing the first one just by a bit and winning the next one by a bit. Much better for vehicles and I love that the W.E. spawns twice. Me and my team got him both times.

I actually like them adding the sword and the shotty in Overgrowth. I think the problem is that placement of them as if you're spawned near the sword, you or your team could grab that, the shotty just down and around the corridor and even the camo in a matter of seconds.

I honestly don't don't know how anyone could hate Plaza or the Rig but reading yours and others comments shows otherwise lol

LOVE those maps. I'll even go as far as to say they are some of the best ever made in a Halo game to me and I'm a long time fan of the series. Dead serious.

The Hydra was at once my least used power weapon, much like the Caster but once you learn how to properly apply it you just rack up kills. It's the perfect power weapon on Eden and Plaza imho.

I would love to see the grenade launcher return though. I agree.

Edit: Spell check is a gift and a curse lol

I just completed the campaign for the first time.. Solo.

Mixed feelings, the constant boss things were dreadful, and it felt designed for coop.. Maybe at the expense of the experience on solo. Plot wise I'm kind of intrigued for 6 but it doesn't feel like all that much happened in 5 which is a shame.

In BTB with a buddy. We are mongoosin it around and get blown up by incendiation cannon. Look down to see the culprit, EG Snipedown EW. He proceeded to destroy us.

I killed him twice though, so it was a win in my book.

That's exactly why you don't want lots of close quarters weapons. Shotguns, swords, camo and radar on a map with lots of corners just leads loads of camping and cheap tactics.

Put a sniper, plasma caster and maybe OS on the map and it would play a lot better.

Literally none of this is true. That would ruin the map. It plays great as-is.

Dub117

Any one else getting stuck with retrieving data on the req page or in a warzone game? Didn't have access to my reqs until level 3 was available, said retrieving data. Did a hard reset with no luck.

I can't even touch the REQ store from the main menu.
Ok just seeing if it was my connection, thanks.

Magwik

Banned
Any one else getting stuck with retrieving data on the req page or in a warzone game? Didn't have access to my reqs until level 3 was available, said retrieving data. Did a hard reset with no luck.

I can't even touch the REQ store from the main menu.

Fortress on March on Stormbreak needs to be adjusted. It hardly ever gets captured after the initial capture.

-The whole fortress is a choke point not allowing the other team across the map say for the long commute in the Canyon.
-Since it's a choke point, the team holding the Fortress is constantly spawning there and it's never left unattended.
-The attacking team is at a severe disadvantage when trying to enter the fortress as the angles give the defenders cover and line of sight advantage.
-If you do clear out the Fortress of enemy players, the marines are situated in a way where there's no line of sight (back ramp) and you have to run and kill them, by the time you do this the enemy team has already re spawned and is contesting again.

Simple solution is to change the location of the marines and reduce their numbers. Though I think March on Stormbreak is a fundamentally flawed map and there's no ideal solution. I dislike moving across the map whether I have the fortress or not.

Fortress on March on Stormbreak needs to be adjusted. It hardly ever gets captured after the initial capture.

-The whole fortress is a choke point not allowing the other team across the map say for the long commute in the Canyon.
-Since it's a choke point, the team holding the Fortress is constantly spawning there and it's never left unattended.
-The attacking team is at a severe disadvantage when trying to enter the fortress as the angles give the defenders cover and line of sight advantage.
-If you do clear out the Fortress of enemy players, the marines are situated in a way where there's no line of sight (back ramp) and you have to run and kill them, by the time you do this the enemy team has already re spawned and is contesting again.

Simple solution is to change the location of the marines and reduce their numbers. Though I think March on Stormbreak is a fundamentally flawed map and there's no ideal solution. I dislike moving across the map whether I have the fortress or not.

Make the openings on the side of the fortress (above the lower, vehicle entrance) wider to cut down the amount of cover people inside the fortress have.

Create another opening that leads directly into the fortress from behind, through the cave route. Make it a steep decline down to the lower level so that vehicles spawning in the fortress can't shoot directly from spawn at the warden, they have to at least get to the top first. Or make multiple, infantry sized openings to the fortress along the back-wall of the fortress.

That's what I would do.

Madness

Congratulations on purchasing the best controller ever made.

Yeah I'm excited to use it. Hopefully now I can get more ground pound kills. I think I have 5 total playing on Recon. Will be nice to map it to a paddle. Same with thrust. I just hope this piece of shit is able to be used next gen. Never paid half the cost of a console on a controller before. In fact I think my Xbox One probably only cost me like $70 more than this controller did last year.

Tweaked my controls as per the Halo control thread and it certainly makes a difference for me. I can actually kill people! Sometimes...

Been playing Warzone Assault and its amazing how one sided it can be if things go your way. I like this more concentrated Warzone feel. I would like to see some much bigger maps personally.

Whos setting did you use? :p

:(

Magwik

Banned
I thought I would regret the $20 Gold REQ bundle but the first I opened was the SPNKR certificate
No regrets
EDIT: Ultra Rare BR skin
Ravening Silver Sword certificate
Rogue Cutthroat Armor
LDC Seal (ultra rare emblem)
and a good amount of Arena RP boosts

Man. Having one of those days where I always seem to be in the wrong position in Warzone. Just getting ganked from behind all the time and dying almost immediately upon calling in a power weapon.

Magwik

Banned
I sure do love having to do qualifying rounds again >.>
Screenshot-Original.png

Make the openings on the side of the fortress (above the lower, vehicle entrance) wider to cut down the amount of cover people inside the fortress have.

Create another opening that leads directly into the fortress from behind, through the cave route. Make it a steep decline down to the lower level so that vehicles spawning in the fortress can't shoot directly from spawn at the warden, they have to at least get to the top first. Or make multiple, infantry sized openings to the fortress along the back-wall of the fortress.

That's what I would do.

That, and make the back exit only wide enough for ghosts and warthogs.

Why would anyone want a lower acceleration? Wouldn't you rather have your joystick speed responsive/going full speed as soon as you start moving it? Also, I'm a firm believer that everyone should be at 0% dead zone for both inner and outer unless you have a drifting problem.
Recommended tuning process: Try turning the Outer Dead Zone down to 0% and test if you run into cases where you can’t hit the "pegged state" and encounter slow turn. If you do get slow turn, increase it a bit more and try again.
^As per 343, so if you don't get that slow turn, why not have it on 0%? Same for inner if you don't have a drift problem, why not have it on 0%? Same with acceleration, if you don't have issues controlling a joystick, why not have it as responsive as possible as soon as you move it?

I'm on 10 sensitivity so it's practically a must to have acceleration at 5 for me, but I couldn't imagine the situation being much different at lower sensitivities. Playing on 3 and having a low acceleration must be insanely slow, so why not just put the acceleration on 5 and play on 1 or 2 sensitivity?

Wow, just had utterly unplayable lag on Noctus just now. What the hell is going on with the Halo 5 dedicated servers right now?

I can't imagine population jumped 5-fold or something. What's the deal?

Why would anyone want a lower acceleration? Wouldn't you rather have your joystick speed responsive/going full speed as soon as you start moving it? Also, I'm a firm believer that everyone should be at 0% dead zone for both inner and outer unless you have a drifting problem.

Why would I want the skip straight to maximum speed when I'm trying to make minute adjustments at the center of my screen?

Different ramp ups in speed will feel better for different people, but given how many people were having issues handling the reticule when going for the killshot, I'd guess jacking up the aim accel isn't going to help with the issue of the reticule jump back and forth across the enemy's head.

link1201

Yep. Least favorite WZ map.

Madness

Have had really close matches on Antifreeze so far. There's this one corridor near the bridge area where things can get hectic and the nades fly fast and nonstop there. It just becomes nonstop grenade spam and team shooting back and forth.

Overgrowth is too small for 4v4 smh it should only be a doubles map. Every time I spawn the other team is just right around the corner and there's too many power weapons.

Oh yeah it's so much fun having to deal with a team controlling a railgun, shotgun and the fucking sword/s

Overgrowth seems like a traditional Halo 3 map. It also has some really long sightlines. There is one it particular that seems to be the entire length of the map. I much prefer Plaza, and as far as geometry goes I've almost never been hung up on anything. I'm more likely to get messed up on Colliseum.

BraXzy

Wow, antifreeze is fantastic!

Have had really close matches on Antifreeze so far. There's this one corridor near the bridge area where things can get hectic and the nades fly fast and nonstop there. It just becomes nonstop grenade spam and team shooting back and forth.

Only played on it once in social, but it was Snipers so didn't get a good feel for it.

Tomorrow is Halo day I think :)

mo60

The Rig needs to be taken out of Slayer rotation

I don't like the rig either. I hate how easy it is to fall to your death on that map if you are not careful. I avoid using my spartan abilities like crazy on that map because I have a chance of falling to my death on that map.

Red Spawn on Eden is massively disadvantaged. Started off a game 3-20 because Blue team got Sniper Rockets and BR. I'll be leaving any game I get red Spawn on that map. No fun at all.

Just had one of those games in FFA where you're playing well, but somehow go from 1st, to 2nd, to last place in the last couple of minutes while ending the game with 17 assists.

EDIT: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom