• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

It's exactly the type of community update I expected. There was no way with the holidays and moving into a new building they were gonna have the entire update ready to show off...

So the update will drop between the 25th and 29th. Prob that wednesday.

Yea most likely.

Magwik

Banned
They shouldnt be being worked on, they should be the big feature of this update. It's getting crazy now. We're three months out and we still don't have half the gametypes :/
It just continues to be more obvious they weren't ready to launch the game. there is absolutely no excuse for some of the stuff to be so late from launch.

TCKaos

I want a Grunt plush

HBO got into contact with 343 after HaloFest 2011 and managed to acquire like all of their overstock so that they could sell them to the public. The whole thing was originally done to demotivate scalpers who were selling theirs for upwards of $100. HBO sold them for like $20, I think.

I managed to snag one and he hangs out in my car with me.

Strider

You guys better go tell them how we need the Plasma Caster replaced on some of these arena maps damn it. I'm still getting erros trying to load the feedback surveys though

Kibbles

That is the wrong Pit remake in the update
though put it in Breakout I'd play it

They really need a better file sharing system. The fact I have to add all these people and go through their file share is kinda ridiculous.

link1201

So Januarys update is called Infinity’s Armory, looks like the arena map will be a Fathom remix? Going by the concept art above this screenshot

new-hotness-01-3924d90b78ac4aa288d55b1b2b25b4e3.jpg

I think it's a pretty safe bet by looking at this plus the concept we know is from the Fathom remix this is also the Fathom remix. I think the sand gives it away.

Glass

I'm fine with an end of January release, the inevitable re-design and fix for the Mark V helmet will have pushed the date back some.

So Januarys update is called Infinity’s Armory, looks like the arena map will be a Fathom remix? Going by the concept art above this screenshot

new-hotness-01-3924d90b78ac4aa288d55b1b2b25b4e3.jpg

I really wish they geared towards a fresher art style for the dev maps. They all feel like parts of the same structure, minus the different skyboxes.

But anyways, I'm excited.

BraXzy

It's exactly the type of community update I expected. There was no way with the holidays and moving into a new building they were gonna have the entire update ready to show off...

I know, I know, but I secretly hoped that they'd held some stuff back to compensate.

I'm interested to see what we see in the coming weeks.

Welfare

No new gametypes 3 months into games life, and all we can get is "ranging from competitive modes to Grifball to Fiesta to more." and one piece of concept art.

Such a fucking waste.

Nowise10

I run two paddles, the small ones in top slots. I run Default controls. B on left (thrust), A on right (Jump).

I see a lot of people online say they only use two paddles, and I think that is such a waste. Having all four is amazing. For Halo 5, I have each paddle set to all four movement options. Top right paddle is crouch, bottom right is jump, top left is sprint, and bottom left is thruster. That way I have all my strafe and movements tied to paddles. It is godly.

Strider

I only use 2 paddles as well. One for jump and one for thrust.

As long as I don't have to take my thumbs off the analogs for any movement ability I'm good... Sprint is on L3 and crouch is on R3

BraXzy

I see a lot of people online say they only use two paddles, and I think that is such a waste. Having all four is amazing. For Halo 5, I have each paddle set to all four movement options. Top right paddle is crouch, bottom right is jump, top left is sprint, and bottom left is thruster. That way I have all my strafe and movements tied to paddles. It is godly.

I may try four again, but for me, I just couldn't use the long paddles. I constantly caught them unintentionally because I clench the controller when I pull triggers and such. And I have fairly big hands.

Madness

The paddles are too sensitive for all 4 for me. Don't have the patience to learn that. I'm hopeful that we'll see official new paddles or joysticks we can buy to hotswap and replace these stock ones.

I play Recon and two paddles on the back I have set to jump and melee/ground pound. Whereas before GP was so awkward on Recon, it's become so much smoother and easier to hit it with a paddle. Maybe I'll go to all 4. I do feel overwhelmed using all 4 paddles, and then all the controller settings. I feel that when I use my sunset white controller to play, it plays different when I use my Elite.

Madness

It just continues to be more obvious they weren't ready to launch the game. there is absolutely no excuse for some of the stuff to be so late from launch.

These are currently being slated into future Halo 5 updates

Double post, but I think this could also be consequence of new 'sustain' policy they're doing. Meaning that rather than give everything at once, work on stuff but then finalize and launch it later as incentive to keep playing. I could be off base with this assumption. Maybe they just didn't develop the modes. I don't know if I necessarily like it. But I mean we could be getting Oddball for January, Grifball comes February, Infection comes March, Ricochet or KotH come April etc.

I'll never understand the Ivory Tower love, it was a bad map consisting of lift camping and it was a bad map in Reach as well. It looks like a well made forge map, but fuck that map.

Hope Ice Drop, Arsenal and Deadline make their way into matchmaking. I'd like to see an Arena Pit as well as Sanctuary too as they should work well in Halo 5's sandbox. Lockout is my favorite 4v4 map in Halo, but I don't think it works well with sprint.

Fathom remix looks nice aesthetically, should be easy to see Spartans with those colors, hope it plays well as I like Fathom.

Welfare

Double post, but I think this could also be consequence of new 'sustain' policy they're doing. Meaning that rather than give everything at once, work on stuff but then finalize and launch it later as incentive to keep playing. I could be off base with this assumption. Maybe they just didn't develop the modes. I don't know if I necessarily like it. But I mean we could be getting Oddball for January, Grifball comes February, Infection comes March, Ricochet or KotH come April etc.

Their sustainment policy gives them absolutely no excuse on why there is so little gametypes 3 months after launch.

Treyarch launched BO3 with +10 gametypes and made sure fan favorites were there at launch, why can't 343 do the same with Halo 5?

Their sustainment policy gives them absolutely no excuse on why there is so little gametypes 3 months after launch.

Treyarch launched BO3 with +10 gametypes and made sure fan favorites were there at launch, why can't 343 do the same with Halo 5?
They were too busy making a balanced game?

Good for them. They can't make a balanced game and produce franchise staple gametypes for launch?
I just think, "This developer did it, why can't they?" Is a bad argument, different schedules, different resources, different priorities. They should have had more gametypes at launch, but looking at it through such a lens as you do is silly.

Nowise10

I just think, "This developer did it, why can't they?" Is a bad argument, different schedules, different resources, different priorities. They should have had more gametypes at launch, but looking at it through such a lens as you do is silly.

...But really, why couldn't 343.

Welfare

Treyarch/CoD is one of Halo's direct competitors, why wouldn't you look to see what they're doing?

It's late, and I'm probably more salty about this than I should be. 343 just disappoint me, I guess.

odd comparison, considering how many different studios work on COD

Ramirez

I think 343 had data showing a lot of the old gametypes weren't played by many people and made a decision to focus on what they launched. Doesn't really fit Infection or Grifball, because a lot of people play those, for whatever fucking reason. But the other stuff, KOTH and such, I'd say that's a small percentage of the MP population. Which pains me, because I think KOTH is far and away the best Halo objective after CTF.

Wow, it just loaded me into a TS match 4v1 and when I quit it docked me 30 fucking points, lame.

jfoul

If 343 released firefight, it would rank in the top 5 of the playlists. A chill co-op mp mode that offers Reqs, and the ability to see your spartan fully customized outside of FFA would be a huge draw. Firefight would also probably cut into the population of Warzone significantly, which is why we may never see it in H5.

I can dream, I guess. Firefight with Warzone bosses added into the mix seems like it would be amazing. I'm hoping that Gears of War 4 has an amazing Horde mode, so I can get my fix.

I like Arena Breakout.

Regret is very fast on AB. I like going shotty or ramparts. Fuel Rod is a clusterfuck, and flag runs are very fast.

New update wooo.

mo60

I encountered a really funny glitch that involved captain wamick in a recent warzone match. It was triggered when someone used a plasma pistol to emp captain wamick but for some reason when a emp blast hit captain wamick he lost control and dropped out of the map and neither team got points for killing him. At random points during the match palmer kept on telling us to kill him even though it was impossible to kill because it was impossible to find him on the map.

Here's video evidence of what happened

The part were captain wamick got hit by an emp blast.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mo999999999/video/13776897

The first instance of palmer telling us to take out wamick
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mo999999999/video/13776958

Palmer tells us again to get rid of captain wamick
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mo999999999/video/13776949

If 343 released firefight, it would rank in the top 5 of the playlists. A chill co-op mp mode that offers Reqs, and the ability to see your spartan fully customized outside of FFA would be a huge draw. Firefight would also probably cut into the population of Warzone significantly, which is why we may never see it in H5.

I can dream, I guess. Firefight with Warzone bosses added into the mix seems like it would be amazing. I'm hoping that Gears of War 4 has an amazing Horde mode, so I can get my fix.

Keep it in Warzone, Warzone firefight is still part of the warzone experience and also utilize REQs which bring money for 343.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom