• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

link1201

Enemy team bringing in banshees with the match finishing without us getting to REQ level 3.

Before launch I thought Warzone could be a MOBA equivalent, but the two things holding Warzone back from having that serious competitive potential is the randomness of boss kills, and whatever the matchmaking values are. Doesn't matter if teams have similar REQ collections if one side isn't good enough to use them. Finding games is so damn fast, I'd gladly wait longer to get fairer matches.

While I dont think WZ is meant to be super competitive, I'd be ok with them using the behind the scenes skill matching they use in arena. I think using that would account for having better reqs by the nature of the system and provide better matches overall.

E92 M3

Agreed.

It gives a new feel to a map even though it's the exact same layout. I always liked that...

Yep, atmosphere is highly underrated by some developers.

I always wanted this as well. Even different seasons, I used to imagine Valhalla being played at nighttime in Halo 3 or in the winter with snow etc.

For example, I used to think what if the nighttime version would be Elite Slayer, the skybox had covenant vehicles flying around, and all the weapons and loadouts were non-UNSC (ie. Carbine, plasma grenades) etc.

But that kind of went away with Halo 4/5, which is more about adding lore to MP, Steitzer is turned into an AI, this is wargames simulation, Warzone only has Palmer because it's meant to represent actual battles etc. I do like that with the new Forge and the fact there are different types of vehicles, we could have winter versions of maps, with tundra vehicles.

Really don't like how lore has to be present in MP - feels like it restricts creativity a lot. Seasons would also be an amazing addition. Coliseum with light snowfall would be amazing, for instance.

I try to win, but I'm fine with losing... But I cannot stand when you come up against a team in warzone who take all bases and park tanks, rocket hogs ect. outside your base and kill everyone over and over with no intention of taking out the core.

Its terrible behaviour, people will leave warzone if that shit happens enough.

I saw someone suicide with nades, im assuming they didn't want to give them the pleasure/stat.
I hid and picked off damaged enemies only.

Anyway... Pathetic antics, if you do this you are hurting the game.
There's a bearded twitch streamer who does it too.

jem0208

Really don't like how lore has to be present in MP - feels like it restricts creativity a lot. Seasons would also be an amazing addition. Coliseum with light snowfall would be amazing, for instance.

There's really no reason why the lore they added should restrict the creativity. It's a simulation so they could do anything they wanted to really.

I try to win, but I'm fine with losing... But I cannot stand when you come up against a team in warzone who take all bases and park tanks, rocket hogs ect. outside your base and kill everyone over and over with no intention of taking out the core.

I saw someone suicide with nades, im assuming they didn't want to give them the pleasure/stat.

I was in a game like that the other day. It was a JiP and some guy on the other team had +60 kills already. I just quit out because I'm not even going to bother with a match like that.

E92 M3

There's really no reason why the lore they added should restrict the creativity. It's a simulation so they could do anything they wanted to really.

I actually don't like the whole "simulation" thing. Would prefer just MP with no explanation. Not a big deal though.

--

Watching the Asian QL and one of the teams won a team slayer on Truth with 50 kills to 4 on the other team LOL.

Trup1aya

The way they've included more into the MP shouldn't for any more/less creative restrictions...

The idea is that they are war simulations... So they can do anything anywhere...

ta155

Some campaign levels don't look too good. The campaign is the weakest part of the game while the MP is pretty great.

Yeah some of the levels definitely look a little dated. I've not played much of the multiplayer but Warzone does seem cool. Will get into that a little more when the campaign's done.

Trup1aya

I set them both at 0 and it feels pretty good. Should I change the outer deadzone to anything specific?

I haven't heard any consensus on that... It boils down to how soon you want the system to realize you want to turn (initiate aim acceleration( The higher you go (15% max) the sooner you'll start turning...

I bumped mine up to 15% and play has suffered quite a bit... I think I'm going to go back to 10%

E92 M3

The way they've included more into the MP shouldn't for any more/less creative restrictions...

The idea is that they are war simulations... So they can do anything anywhere...

Yeah, that's what I am hoping. Even though it sounds silly, stating it's a simulation doesn't make it feel as exciting or mysterious. Don't get me wrong, I'm not actually upset, just nitpicking lol. Overall, I am just looking forward to more content.

Glass

The Asian Qualifiers, the little I saw, were a hoot. One team were described by a commentator as 'strong comers' and whatever their name was, should now be changed to that.

Would love another EG upset tonight for the NA qualifiers to mix things up even further. Hope Team Liquid do well, people seem to love or hate Ninja but I think that's a good thing for the esport.

E92 M3

I love the announcers for the Asian qualifiers - they get so excited.

The Asian Qualifiers, the little I saw, were a hoot. One team were described by a commentator as 'strong comers' and whatever their name was, should now be changed to that.

Would love another EG upset tonight for the NA qualifiers to mix things up even further. Hope Team Liquid do well, people seem to love or hate Ninja but I think that's a good thing for the esport.

I'd love for EG to destroy everyone lol.

Glass

I love the announcers for the Asian qualifiers - they get so excited.

I'd love for EG to destroy everyone lol.

Quite possibly going to happen :p I'm subbed to Roy, couldn't resist after seeing him run that duck hunt map, I just don't want everyone thinking 1st place and the $2 million + is already set in stone for EG.

IHaveIce

Banned
EG can't even participate tonight can't they?

Already qualified teams are out of the qualifiers, no? I think that wasa rule change last week

You should try Warzone Assault. It's way better.

BradC00

EG can't even participate tonight can't they?

Already qualified teams are out of the qualifiers, no? I think that wasa rule change last week

uh no? this tourney isn't just about qualifying, it's about seeding too.

and they won the #1 tourney and got like #3 or #4 in the #2 tourney.

other regions have teams that aren't beatable like Aftermath in Asia. They will keep playing and likely get a high seed because they have no competition so they will have the highest pro points.

IHaveIce

Banned
uh no? this tourney isn't just about qualifying, it's about seeding too.

and they won the #1 tourney and got like #3 or #4 in the #2 tourney.

other regions have teams that aren't beatable like Aftermath in Asia. They will keep playing and likely get a high seed because they have no competition so they will have the highest pro points.

zurück Nächste ungelesene News
Halo Europe Halo 5: Guardians (One) Major HWC
06/01/2016 - Updates
Global Rule Change/Updated handbook

After gathering all community feedback we have added the following global rule change to the HaloWC Rule book -

''Teams are only allowed to earn one (1) spot in their respective Regional Finals or the HaloWC Finals. Teams are not allowed to compete in future Qualifiers once a team has earned a spot in their Regional Finals. Teams are allowed to continue to compete in their respective Region’s ladder.''

The updated rulebook will be released later this week along with additional changes and updates.
Source: New ruling

Tourneys are to qualify, ladders for points no?

G-DannY

There will be no answer ever to that thread.

Things are just ok like they are now for 343/US players. Giving them cannon fodders to play as God against is better for them, just like vs the IA of Titanfall.

Truly rewarding.

belushy

Banned
Source: New ruling

Tourneys are to qualify, ladders for points no?

From what I noticed, winning an OQ in NA doesn't give you a "spot" in the finals, it only rewards you with points and prize money. I think the Online Qualifers for NA all count as one big qualifier(along with the ladder, Top 15 teams advance to Regionals), while the "Last Chance Qualifer" is a separate "qualifier" and none of the previous 15 teams can play in it to increase their seed in the Regional tournament.

edit:

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegamin...ournament/halo-world-championship-na-ot3/info
(past the points distribution)

After the 5th Online Tournament on January 24, the top 15 Teams based on cumulative points will qualify for the North America Regional Finals. Teams must submit a Roster of 4 Players in order to be considered for a top 15 spot. Teams can submit their Roster by competing in the Online Tournament on January 24, or by emailing their Roster to jnye@mlg.tv by 5 PM EST on Friday, January 22nd if they are unable to participate in the Online Tournament on January 24.

The winner of the Online Last Chance Qualifier on January 31 will earn the 16th and final spot in the North American Regional Finals. Players who are members of a Team that has qualified for the North America Regional Final will not be permitted to participate in the Online Last Chance Qualifier.

GravyButt

Followedthe advice of the posts earlier bout the sensitivity and dead zone setting on controller. Feels a lot better to be honest. Any other adjustments other than those 3?

Strider

I really wish there were more lan events. Even though I like the pro scene I can't bring myself to really care about the qualifiers. I'd rather watch them play over money than points which is the main draw to the online qualifiers (Yes I know in the long run it's still for money but u get my point I hope). After all only the team that wins these qualifiers gets any $ and it's a really small amount.

Idk I think with a prize pool that large they could have spread it out a little more so more people at least get something out of it... There's gonna be some solid teams that play this game full-time only to walk away with nothing. Rough.

I feel for the NA teams that just barely miss out on making the main event because we all know they would stomp these international teams.

NOKYARD

My only issue with the map was the sun, just like on the other maps. But it seems like you resolved this entirely and made the map look even better. Great job.
This looks real sweet! Great work, fingers crossed this gets tested and swapped in ASAP.
Not everyone was a fan of Standoff in Halo 3, but I loved it. One of my more favorite maps to be honest. Your work on this map is really nice. Hope to see it get swapped in.

Thanks guys, map has been handed over.

I'm absolutely done with playing Team Arena, getting Slayer as the mode and having teammates quit.

At least with CTF or Stronghold the game can end without you eating a ton of deaths. But when you're down to just two people on a team..eating 20+ deaths just to end the game without a penalty is idiotic.

So I've invented a new game for myself, although others have probably been doing it, which is to just hide and let the clock run out. At least it's somewhat fun to force the enemy to run all over the map for 5 minutes trying to find you.

343 plz, figure out this is one of the least fun parts of your game and implement something like a forfeit rule.

Strider

I don't think a surrender option is needed but I think quits should be handled like Dota 2.

In Dota 2 when a teammate quits/abandons the game the game becomes "safe to leave." This means that you can quit without the risk of going to low-priority queue (Dota 2's form of a MM ban). You will still get a loss and lose rank but at least you aren't forced to sit there and get donged on and can get into another match much quicker.

And of course this way it won't ruin your K/D and stuff for those that care about it.

And of course this way it won't ruin your K/D and stuff for those that care about it.

Yeah I'm familiar with that system and something like that would be fine.

But don't take my post to indicate that K/D is the end all be all. It's the experience of getting killed over and over and over again in order to end a match without punishment which I find beyond stupid.

A more positive person with more time on their hands to play might look at it as an opportunity to practice those 1v3 situations but..fuck that let me get to the next match.

Fuchsdh

Pretty much this. The Sanghelios levels were positively sublime, yet everything else left much to be desired.

My greatest disappointment was no proper slug fest between covies/forerunners and the UNSC with your team plopped down in the middle. Heck if memory serves, the only friendlies you ever fight with are a smattering of miners on Meridian.

Big multi-faction fights have been lacking since Halo CE, and it's definitely a shame. Halo 4 actually did them better than any previous game, but it was still restricted to one level before the Covenant and Prometheans became buddy-buddy.

Would have been nice to have found and rallied survivors on Genesis, although then there are story implications you have to address.

Leyasu

Banned
I'm absolutely done with playing Team Arena, getting Slayer as the mode and having teammates quit.

At least with CTF or Stronghold the game can end without you eating a ton of deaths. But when you're down to just two people on a team..eating 20+ deaths just to end the game without a penalty is idiotic.

So I've invented a new game for myself, although others have probably been doing it, which is to just hide and let the clock run out. At least it's somewhat fun to force the enemy to run all over the map for 5 minutes trying to find you.

343 plz, figure out this is one of the least fun parts of your game and implement something like a forfeit rule.

I've been XP whoring in arena. Slayer/breakout wtf are they doing there? It should be changed to objective...

Also, am I the only person who thinks that some of these maps just don't seem that great for objective games?

EG are getting some serious advantage this tournament as it looks like they're all playing from the same house.

They're probably mad they didn't win the second qualifier so this is their fix.

clav

I don't think I can play Warzone any more after playing Arena.

343 needs to implement more features like NPC enemies to attack territories more often than the mini boss drops.

Litter the field with Grunts, Elites, Crawlers, and Soldiers. Isn't that what made the original Halo campaign amazing with them different factions and deciding when to choose your battles? A change like this would make be awesome.

As for Arena, Team Arena needs some serious tweaking. Why does Breakout have radar in that mode? Also, there are too many quitters when I play either on my team or the enemy team. Seriously ruins the pacing, fun, and ranking aspect of it.

That game you invented is something I've played since Halo 2. Try to build a small lead and hide.

Unfortunately, not many hiding spots in these maps.

I'm stuck in Gold league because of how many placement games I lost. Started in Silver.

On Team Slayer, ranked Plat because there weren't quitters in my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom