• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

link1201

I play this game almost everyday just for the MP but I would have loved it if they would have merged Spartan OPs and FF in Halo 5. Spartan OPs was poor but I thought it had awesome potential to tell side stories which could also fill in some of the bigger backstory that we miss just playing the games. I think it would have been interesting to do what Marvel does and tie in all the games. I don't mean in big ways but just little nods here and there. Spartan OPs on dedicated servers with Halo 5 gameplay would have been phenomenal if they could tell the right stories and had us do more that just press buttons at the end. I would like to see boss battles that are meaningful to the overarching story.

Madness

BTB only at #5 is very very surprising, guess Warzone pays off.

Somewhat. I mean BTB came several weeks later and with only Forge maps. Warzone also has new weapons, vehicles, larger and better designed maps, capture/control/defend gametype with slayer and PvE elements and a larger 12v12 player base.

Not to mention it also gives WAY more REQ points. Half the time I play Warzone is just the get RP easier and to play somewhat casually. I think it's sort of the evolution to infinity slayer. Why play Strongholds on Recurve with BR when you can play March on Stormbreak, use things like beam rifles and banshee and etc.

The only genuine surprise is Breakout considering how much it's been developed and pushed. I wonder if Arena Breakout also didn't cannibalize it a bit.

Finally went positive using the elite controller. 2.0 kd yay! Well in btb so its not that impresive but its good news to me.

So hard to adjust. Some games were soooo painful... Feel bad for my teammates when i was in arena... =/

RoKKeR

Finally went positive using the elite controller. 2.0 kd yay! Well in btb so its not that impresive but its good news to me.

So hard to adjust. Some games were soooo painful... Feel bad for my teammates when i was in arena... =/
I only use one paddle for thruster. I tried the longer stick for aiming but I keep going back and forth, it makes it so my left hand is stretched too far across the controller.

I love having all 4 paddles mirror the Dpad in games with inventories like FO4.

jem0208

They really need to add a progress meter to ranks. The Halotracker website tells you how far you are between ranks and it makes ranked so much more addicting.

I also think it would massively discourage quitting if every time you left you could see how much you're getting de ranked by.

Seeing some red downwards arrows beneath your rank isn't much of a deterrent, seeing half your progress towards the next rank disappear is.

link1201

They really need to add a progress meter to ranks. The Halotracker website tells you how far you are between ranks and it makes ranked so much more addicting.

I also think it would massively discourage quitting if every time you left you could see how much you're getting de ranked by.

Seeing some red downwards arrows beneath your rank isn't much of a deterrent, seeing half your progress towards the next rank disappear is.

I agree 100%. I miss even the indication they had in the BETA. I do hope they are working on a UI update.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Obvious WIP.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Not really going for 1 to 1 so it feels larger and takes the nto account spartan abilities, I call it Beachhead.

Welfare

Halo 3 had a bar graph you could see when selecting a ranked playlist that could let you see the skill distribution of who placed 1-50. That would be cool to see in Halo 5.

BradC00

halowaypoint does it too so it's basically a UI decision.

jem0208

Halo 3 had a bar graph you could see when selecting a ranked playlist that could let you see the skill distribution of who placed 1-50. That would be cool to see in Halo 5.
That would also be cool.

Halotracker tells you what percentile you're in within your rank. I assume that's based only off of their data though.
halowaypoint does it too so it's basically a UI decision.
Well it's a stupid UI decision. They had it in the beta, why remove it?

Detective

I've just played two games where everything worked properly. No lag or latency. All my shots lands as the should. Amazing when it works. 2 and 3 K/D ...
Not like yesterday.
Am very happy now :D

Hope 343 really fix it so I can stay this happy every match. Again... Halo 5 is amazing when it works.. For me :)

it is very odd that 343 didn't implement the req reward system into single player to add replay value.

would play single player more than mp if i could earn req points, req cards or specific req items.

Glass

I can imagine 343 wanted to somehow work REQ stuff into a single player mode, but time probably put a stop to it. They'd be making even more from packs if single player/campaign kids had a reason to buy them too. There's a huge amount of people who buy Halo and don't touch multiplayer, it'd be great if REQs were this overall cohesive system which had a place everywhere.

It's easy to imagine a subsequent Halo with a Noble 6 style protagonist, who you customise from your REQ collection.

E92 M3

One thing I love in Destiny - that is highly underrated - is that it can be nighttime or sunshine in the various maps where it's applicable. Would love to have some nighttime versions in Halo.

I only use one paddle for thruster. I tried the longer stick for aiming but I keep going back and forth, it makes it so my left hand is stretched too far across the controller.

I love having all 4 paddles mirror the Dpad in games with inventories like FO4.

Im too afraid to change the button settings now. Lol

I used to be green thumb. Now im default with jummp on left paddle thrust in right.

Only x and y are used on my face buttons. Reload/switch weapon

Still gotta get better using the melee on rb when i was so used to right stick. Hehe

Somewhat. I mean BTB came several weeks later and with only Forge maps. Warzone also has new weapons, vehicles, larger and better designed maps, capture/control/defend gametype with slayer and PvE elements and a larger 12v12 player base.

Not to mention it also gives WAY more REQ points. Half the time I play Warzone is just the get RP easier and to play somewhat casually. I think it's sort of the evolution to infinity slayer. Why play Strongholds on Recurve with BR when you can play March on Stormbreak, use things like beam rifles and banshee and etc.

The only genuine surprise is Breakout considering how much it's been developed and pushed. I wonder if Arena Breakout also didn't cannibalize it a bit.

A lot (I'd say more than half) of the playerbase seems to not like Breakout at all, the omission from Team Arena playlist sure didn't help its popularity.

Glass

Good casters for the Oz qualifiers. If the official Halo Twitch channel can keep up regular activity and events streamed on Twitch, maybe some additional stuff inbetween the monthly update stream and HCS stuff, the numbers are going to rise. I think thats what other companies do, my Twitch watch list is kind of narrow.

Strider

One thing I love in Destiny - that is highly underrated - is that it can be nighttime or sunshine in the various maps where it's applicable. Would love to have some nighttime versions in Halo.

Agreed.

It gives a new feel to a map even though it's the exact same layout. I always liked that...

Madness

Agreed.

It gives a new feel to a map even though it's the exact same layout. I always liked that...

I always wanted this as well. Even different seasons, I used to imagine Valhalla being played at nighttime in Halo 3 or in the winter with snow etc.

For example, I used to think what if the nighttime version would be Elite Slayer, the skybox had covenant vehicles flying around, and all the weapons and loadouts were non-UNSC (ie. Carbine, plasma grenades) etc.

But that kind of went away with Halo 4/5, which is more about adding lore to MP, Steitzer is turned into an AI, this is wargames simulation, Warzone only has Palmer because it's meant to represent actual battles etc. I do like that with the new Forge and the fact there are different types of vehicles, we could have winter versions of maps, with tundra vehicles.

Anyone having a problem where only 2 maps come up in arena? The last 3 times I have played every match is either on The rig or truth. It is driving nuts.

Cranster

Banned
The next mainline Halo game needs to ship not only in a functional state, but it has to also include every basic mode and function on day one. That means all the gametypes (Infection, Oddball, ect), Theatre, Forge, Fileshare, ect.

The reason why Halo 5 is growing stale for alot of people is because there is a huge lack of variety in the game's multiplayer.

Magwik

Banned
The next mainline Halo game needs to ship not only in a functional state, but it has to also include every basic mode and function on day one. That means all the gametypes (Infection, Oddball, ect), Theatre, Forge, Fileshare, ect.

The reason why Halo 5 is growing stale for alot of people is because there is a huge lack of variety in the game's multiplayer.
"We have a product for those who want classic game types, it's called the Master Chief Collection"

Glass

Enemy team bringing in banshees with the match finishing without us getting to REQ level 3.

Before launch I thought Warzone could be a MOBA equivalent, but the two things holding Warzone back from having that serious competitive potential is the randomness of boss kills, and whatever the matchmaking values are. Doesn't matter if teams have similar REQ collections if one side isn't good enough to use them. Finding games is so damn fast, I'd gladly wait longer to get fairer matches.

BraXzy

Enemy team bringing in banshees with the match finishing without us getting to REQ level 3.

Were you attackers and they let you take the first two armouries with no contest?

Some peeps did that in a game once and we as the attackers then had 5 minutes with nothing but pistols to try and assault their core while they had BRs ready to defend.

Did not go well :3

Glass

Were you attackers and they let you take the first two armouries with no contest?

Some peeps did that in a game once and we as the attackers then had 5 minutes with nothing but pistols to try and assault their core while they had BRs ready to defend.

Did not go well :3

Haha sounds like a good tactic, but nah we were attackers and never made it past the first capture point. Never seen banshees that early before. Right at the last moment I managed to hijack a ghost and kill the driver who'd killed me a bunch, was a good consolation prize. Doesn't matter how much you've just won by, if your'e in a 1 v 1 right at the end and lose, it sucks :p

maximrace

I think the explanation for the story is Brian Reed imo. He just isn't a very good writer. Since he took over the story went into a space opera direction while it used to be more sci-fi. If only Staten could take over again

Sanghelios through Sunion is probably my favourite string of levels in the Halo series.

Absolutely gorgeous art direction, pretty epic set pieces and some absolutely superb level design.

Pretty much this. The Sanghelios levels were positively sublime, yet everything else left much to be desired.

My greatest disappointment was no proper slug fest between covies/forerunners and the UNSC with your team plopped down in the middle. Heck if memory serves, the only friendlies you ever fight with are a smattering of miners on Meridian.

pieface

Think BTB would be more popular than Warzone if 343 applied the same focus on BTB as they did Warzone. BTB has been criminally forgotten about.

Akai__

These Asian qualifiers have been pretty funny. Sometimes better than the serious tone some casters have.

I think the HCS pool is close to being at 3 Million already. I can't imagine nothing happened in the last 2 months, after it was + 1 Mio. in one month.

My only issue with the map was the sun, just like on the other maps. But it seems like you resolved this entirely and made the map look even better. Great job.

These Asian qualifiers have been pretty funny. Sometimes better than the serious tone some casters have.

I think the HCS pool is close to being at 3 Million already. I can't imagine nothing happened in the last 2 months, after it was + 1 Mio. in one month.

My only issue with the map was the sun, just like on the other maps. But it seems like you resolved this entirely and made the map look even better. Great job.
The original Standoff had the same problem with the sun too. So irritating.

IHaveIce

Banned

Hmm you are right, especially since I know after the 2 Mill announcement even more people started buying REQ packs, also the Req gold pack bundles should also brought have a lot of money in. Wish we would have a bar that fills up where we could see it

So I'm trying to get back into this game, haven't played it since launch. Can anyone give me some control settings that don't suck?

It still astounds me that they ever changed it from the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom