• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

Just played my second game of BTB.

First off, gotta say, Strongholds is fucking garbage in 4v4, fucking garbage in 8v8, probably fucking garbage in 5v5, 6v6, 7v7, etc.

Please 343 get rid of Strongholds it's fucking terrible.
Yeah, you are just flat out wrong.

Strongholds is fantastic and easily one of the best new modes Halo has seen in 4v4 (BTB not so much...). Leads to some extremely competitive and exciting matches with some fantastic come backs.

Trup1aya

The new Recurve map is set on the Glacier forge canvas, and it's possible to actually escape the map and explore the Glacier map in custom games. It's absolutely massive. Amazing potential for forge.

If you want to see the Glacier map (it's seriously huge) and how to explore it, I made a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2VhTOP7dL4

Wow, there are going to be some awesome things built on these canvases... They'll have bland textures... But they'll be awesome...

Strongholds is fantastic and easily one of the best new modes Halo has seen in 4v4 (BTB not so much...). Leads to some extremely competitive and exciting matches with some fantastic come backs.

Yup. Strongholds is great in 4v4. Not a fan in 8v8 though. Maybe cause everybody has a BR. Makes it very difficult to take the mid capture point.

RoKKeR

Started the update, hopefully will have some time to play tonight. Been so damn busy recently.

In other news, just checked the Most Played section on the store and... Halo 5 is currently the 9th most played game on Live... uhhhh, are the servers down or something? Everybody is downloading the massive update? That just doesn't seem right.

jem0208

Started the update, hopefully will have some time to play tonight. Been so damn busy recently.

In other news, just checked the Most Played section on the store and... Halo 5 is currently the 9th most played game on Live... uhhhh, are the servers down or something? Everybody is downloading the massive update? That just doesn't seem right.
Probably people downloading the update.

Could be, I guess.

BraXzy

After having a quick scan in the Halo 5 Twitch list, I've noticed for the first time how many people are trying to break into the streamer-sphere with like 10 viewers yet still having the whole shindig with green screen and stuff. Looked at other game lists and it's the same. First 10 or so have a decent view count, with the top few in the thousands. Then the rest are sub 100 viewers. Is that sustainable at all? I guess it's the same as YouTube now, super hard to get into now that so many folks are settled into the community as "celebs".

Madness

Why does anyone care about their rank in BTB? Play and have fun, stop worrying about a meaningless emblem next to your name.

Why even have them otherwise? And even worse, why bring in join in progress? Why not let us toggle to prioritize fair starts over just being thrown in a match?

So far of my matches played so far, I've lost 2 games.

One stronghold, lost fair and square.
Lost a game I joined in progress.

Just joined a game that was a minute in, already the enemy was spawn killing and capped 1 flag in the first minute. I joined to a team of 4. Everyone else quit.

First match I actually quit in my time playing Halo 5. Stupid enough... Quitting that matches makes it not count on my Placement status, but if I would have stayed and lost, it would have.

Where is the logic in that 343?

Edit: yeah just quit another match. Quitting the game doesn't count as a loss... So anyone who wants to place highly for their placement Matches is better of quitting a game than sticking around for the loss.

Why is this?

Haven't you heard? Halo is dead.

Blueblur1

the 343 artist who made that glacier should be ashamed. Looks turrible.

The art in Halo 5 is surprisingly inconsistent. You have areas and models that look great. Then you have shit textures and horrifying armor and helmets.

And this:

Screenshot-Original.png

JackHerer

Got placed in platinum and I'm happy about it. I definitely don't want to be onyx or diamond for BTB. I still seem to be getting matched with mostly diamond players though. I guess because I'm diamond or onyx in my other playlists so I guess it still wants to match me with those ranks. Have had some surprisingly tough matches.

Zeta Oni

First game on that snow map.

Pretty sure the glare from the sun is on purpose, to annoy snipers up in the nest. Quite a few missed oppertunities due to my eyes adjusting to the light.

I like it.

Trup1aya

Join in Progress is needed for BTB. It's a good thing.

Getting thrown into a losing match against your will isn't a good thing...

They need to allow people to choose if they want to be subject to joining matches late...especially if it's going to be tied to ranking...

I haven't played BTB yet, but being force to JiP annoys me even in Warzone... My personal life doesn't allow me much time to play, so when I do get a chance, I don't want it squandered with unwinnable JiP matches...

Trup1aya

Late match = free XP and RP lol

XP and RP are cool, but I come for the gameplay primarily.

Earlier, I spent more time in loading screens than gameplay, because I got JiPed into 3 matches in a row as they were nearing completion. XP and RP are no consolation for that bad experience.

Madness

Maybe it isn't as simple as flipping a switch, I dunno.

Yeah because that's really what I said, flip a switch 343. Games like Halo 3 and Halo Reach had options for prioritizing skill over fast connections. They can't have something like spend extra time waiting for a fair start? Surely if this is something they want they should at least let us choose, I would rather wait longer for fair matches that start from the beginning than be put into a 44-16 BTB match where half the team is just joining in and the other team is running a train with all the vehicles already.

Additionally you said who cares about the emblem by your name, you know you'd care if you were JiP into a losing match and penalized for it with your rank. Otherwise why even have the rank then? Right off the bat it's not a fair rank for me.

Do people really get angry at updates? I get that it sucks if you have slower internet but FREE CONTENT

DAT REQ PACK MONEY!

I dont have much free time on weekdays so I just wanted to get a few games in :( I also had no idea there was an update today or what its about. Its just Big Team Battle and new REQ cards?

yo update just improved the game DRASTICALLY.

aim or connection or whatever they did just made the pistol so much better. way more accuracy with the pistol now.

secondly, big team battle is awesome. strongholds is a very good game type for BTB and the BTB maps are fantastic.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Glad BTB is back.

Maps are struggle though.

The visuals are jarring . The textures specifically. Why?

Just had a game go 141-150.

Strongholds is bad ass.

Also the servers are great when working smooth but I'm getting way to many games on BTB where I'm dropping packets.

wwm0nkey

BTB is amazing. Also Standoff and Headlong aren't really bad looking at all imo. I mean not great but for Forge maps they are fantastic

Ramirez

Yeah because that's really what I said, flip a switch 343. Games like Halo 3 and Halo Reach had options for prioritizing skill over fast connections. They can't have something like spend extra time waiting for a fair start? Surely if this is something they want they should at least let us choose, I would rather wait longer for fair matches that start from the beginning than be put into a 44-16 BTB match where half the team is just joining in and the other team is running a train with all the vehicles already.

Additionally you said who cares about the emblem by your name, you know you'd care if you were JiP into a losing match and penalized for it with your rank. Otherwise why even have the rank then? Right off the bat it's not a fair rank for me.

"Why not just let us toggle", lol.

Those buttons in Reach were notoriously joked about for doing absolutely nothing. And no I wouldn't care, because it's BTB, it's a social playlist to me, ranked or unranked.

Just played on all 4 maps, they're all surprisingly good, rough graphics aside.

BraXzy

yo update just improved the game DRASTICALLY.

aim or connection or whatever they did just made the pistol so much better. way more accuracy with the pistol now.

My aiming felt better but I couldn't tell if that was just because I've not played much these past few days and I'm getting a placebo effect or what. Who knows!

The biggest problem of H5 is if you dont have a full team you will get raped. raped as in no more than a .3 W/L or .9 K/D. I literally get on and look at my friend list, then turn my xbox off. Its a joke. Got diamond 2 and im probably top 50 in the world in BTB my team randomly leaves and now I cant play unless I want to get slapped. UGHHHHHHH. Seriously what the fuck.

What's the solution?

Tawpgun

Hi

which visor do I get to make the sun not be blinding?

Red Team on Standoff sitting on the top of their base is like impossible to see lol. Same with anyone near scorpion on Recurve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom