• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Recurve map is set on the Glacier forge canvas, and it's possible to actually escape the map and explore the Glacier map in custom games. It's absolutely massive. Amazing potential for forge.

If you want to see the Glacier map (it's seriously huge) and how to explore it, I made a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2VhTOP7dL4

and here I thought there would never be any more videos like this

I'm almost nostalgic

Just played my second game of BTB.

First off, gotta say, Strongholds is fucking garbage in 4v4, fucking garbage in 8v8, probably fucking garbage in 5v5, 6v6, 7v7, etc.

Please 343 get rid of Strongholds it's fucking terrible.

Also, Join In Progress in a ranked game type is beyond stupid.

Edit: Third placement Match is also Strongholds. Yeah fuck this.

EDIT: STRONGHOLDS AND I JOINED A GAME IN PROGRESS, WHERE I'M LOSING? Yeah thanks goodbye my Onyx ranking fuck this going back to CSGO.

Just lost my 5th game in a row. Half of our team left and we ended up losing the strongholds game 150-9. Getting spawn destroyed almost every game.

Matchmaking getting it DONE! I've seen far too many shutouts on BTB. My prayers are with all the scrubs out there.

What's wrong with Strongholds?

Without join in progress, BTB would be a disaster. Or maybe I'm coming at it from the wrong angle, but I'm totally content not caring about my rank. It's a matchmaking tool.

Magwik

Banned

First off, gotta say, Strongholds is fucking garbage in 4v4, fucking garbage in 8v8, probably fucking garbage in 5v5, 6v6, 7v7, etc.

The worst part of strongholds is half the team not even doing anything. They aren't capturing points, nor are they playing it like slayer. I have no fucking clue what they actually are doing.

BraXzy

Yeah I'm not a fan of Strongholds on these maps. I don't mind it in 4v4 but I hate it on these bigger maps with more people.

And yeah, I don't get why this is JIP considering it is classed as ranked. Kinda goes against the reasoning for not having JIP in general, which then makes you think why isn't BTB social?

Haines

Banned
Im kind of suprised at the average skill im playing against but i havent finished my placement matches so maybe thats why. Im so new to halo yet doing fairly well in most matches,

Euron

The worst part of strongholds is half the team not even doing anything. They aren't capturing points, nor are they playing it like slayer. I have no fucking clue what they actually are doing.
Yeah my teammates never do shit in Strongholds. Would much rather have Assault.

You only need 2 capture points in Stronghold. They're playing defense.
From my experience they don't even do that. Some cases there's nothing to defend and they refuse to help capture a single point.

m23

EDIT: STRONGHOLDS AND I JOINED A GAME IN PROGRESS, WHERE I'M LOSING? Yeah thanks goodbye my Onyx ranking fuck this going back to CSGO.

Bye.

Christof

Neo Member
When people say Social do they mean no longer matching by a calculated "skill level" or do they mean hidden skill level.

Would either of these two options be fine for people that prefer a Social alternative?

Which has Halo done in the past?

Caja 117

I like Stronghold it reminds me a lot of Conquest in Battlefield 3 and 4 which was my favorite BF gametype, playing it in BTB should be interesting.

My first game of BTB and we still almost lost. Teammates plz.

Screenshot-Original.png

Man, I really want to like BTB but the maps are seriously ugly.

Really disappointed with how much with how much that mode (the main mode I play Halo for) was shafted in this game.

Ramirez

See ya tomorrow.

Caja 117

When people say Social do they mean no longer matching by a calculated "skill level" or do they mean hidden skill level.

Would either of these two options be fine for people that prefer a Social alternative?

Which has Halo done in the past?

Social as in unranked playlist no visible ranks, usually players dont try hard on social making it less a task to play, so you play relaxed, I think Halo 3 didn't enforce a hard skill matchingin social playlist.

The biggest problem of H5 is if you dont have a full team you will get raped. raped as in no more than a .3 W/L or .9 K/D. I literally get on and look at my friend list, then turn my xbox off. Its a joke. Got diamond 2 and im probably top 50 in the world in BTB my team randomly leaves and now I cant play unless I want to get slapped. UGHHHHHHH. Seriously what the fuck.

Madness

I'm still steamed about being join in progressed into such a losing match for a ranked playlist no less that I've yet to play again. Might as well make it social and keep the MMR hidden for skill matching. Otherwise the rank has become irrelevant because I wasn't given a fair chance at having ten placement matches determined by my skill.

Trup1aya

What's wrong with strongholds? Other than most people refuse to use any sort of strategy.

I somehow got placed Platinum in BTB despite having an 11.4 KDA and a 60% win percentage when I finished my placement matches. Two of those losses were the result of JiP. Joined one BTB Slayer match down 24 kills (my team was at 26 and the enemy was at 50). Another loss was the result of my team being down a flag cap when I joined.

And has anyone else been experiencing lag in BTB? I played about 7 straight smooth BTB games during my placement matches then it felt like every other match was laggy. Shots not connecting correctly and such. The last match I played, there was a guy AFK and I counted about 7 - 8 head shots from the BR before he died.

You should have bought more controllers.

Strider

It was a mistake making BTB ranked since it includes JiP But i do think JiP is a good thing for BTB. Just make it social and were good... And I think it will be once they sort out the unranked stuff

Ramirez

Why does anyone care about their rank in BTB? Play and have fun, stop worrying about a meaningless emblem next to your name.

They really should add a horn to Vehicles.

I mean, not many people using a headset and I am sat in a Warthog with the flag runner rushing back to our base. I'd give him a damn lift if he acknowledged me.

Glass

I'm loving Strongholds with BTB, as far as objective based games go it comes across as one of the easier ones for randoms to grasp and contribute.

Also JIP for BTB just makes sense in the day and age of quitters. Who seriously cares about a rank in a game mode where you rely on seven other random strangers? Having ranks just means Bronze level players arn't getting shit on by Platinums and having no fun. Which is what BTB does best.

Bsigg12

The new Recurve map is set on the Glacier forge canvas, and it's possible to actually escape the map and explore the Glacier map in custom games. It's absolutely massive. Amazing potential for forge.

If you want to see the Glacier map (it's seriously huge) and how to explore it, I made a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2VhTOP7dL4

Christ, you weren't lying about it being massive. That ground pound from orbit was pretty great.

Why does anyone care about their rank in BTB? Play and have fun, stop worrying about a meaningless emblem next to your name.

Seriously. I'm plat1 in BTB but I don't care at all. I'm just going to run around and shoot shit in that mode. I'll play the objective and try to win, but I don't care at all about K/D or if we lose. It's my social playlist until 343 decide to add one, which better be soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom