• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
7pMl2v3.jpg

I finally get lucky enough to get a Legendary armor after over 100 hours of gameplay and opening packs and it's the fucking GameStop preorder bonus.

343, please don't make such high-tier-of-rarity armors the bonuses in the future. I would be overjoyed to have Locke's helmet if everyone and his grandma didn't have it, it's got the rarity of an uncommon at this point.

I keep fucking kicking myself too, I could have gotten BUCK'S HELMET. OR FRED'S. That would have been NUTS, I would be the only person I've seen in 100 hours to have one of those. In fact, it is statistically more likely that I would have gotten the helmet of any other campaign character since everyone but Locke has 2 variants. And yet I get "lucky" enough to get Locke's.

I would have been happy to have any other Legendary helmet (besides the skins of more common helmets), but I suppose not.

The point of a super-rare cosmetic is to separate you from the rest, to make it visually obvious that you have invested a lot of time (or money :p) into a game. Yes, it's all luck, but the odds are astronomically low that you will get Legendary gear at SR-1 with no unlocks. The only reason I'm starting to get stuff like this is because I have about 100 of the 175 helmets and body armors and so the Ultra Rares (and Legendaries hopefully) are starting to appear in my Gold packs.

I would trade this Mythic Legendary unlock for the Ultra Rare Gungnir or Venator helmet, they're rarer than Locke's despite them being a lower tier of rarity by 343's definition.

Yes I know it's just pointless armor. Yes, I DEFINITELY care about this too much. It just sucks to come so close to getting something that less than 5% of players have, and then be given what is essentially an Uncommon masquerading as an item of the highest rarity in the entire game.

Sorry for the rant. At least BTB is a lot of fun.

I agree with this completely, just gutted because I actually do want Locke's armour (as well as all the other campaign characters) but being outside US means the only way I can get it are RNG or paying some exorbitant eBay price for someone scalping the code

Caja 117

So We should get more maps on December? I think 343 is spoiling us with so much freebies in such short time....But I like this formula, Free content (assuming we are getting developer maps) and sacrifice having Microtrasanctions? I openly welcome our MicroTranx overloards.

Haines

Banned
I would pick a default you enjoy and map anything that's on face buttons that you can do while aiming to the paddles. E.g. thruster, sprint with Bumper Jumper.

Part of what's over whelming me is I haven't played halo in years. Is bumper jumper considered the go to style of play?

Without touching anything it has thrusters weapon switch and jump on paddles. Left trigger to aim.

Obscured

I want BTB ricochet, shotguns only, 1.5x speed.

Part of what's over whelming me is I haven't played halo in years. Is bumper jumper considered the go to style of play?

Without touching anything it has thrusters weapon switch and jump on paddles. Left trigger to aim.

I'm sure everyone has their own (strong) thoughts on this, but I've found BJ best for smooth movement options. Never once used groundpound when I started playing, first game after I switched back I had two of them. Once I get an elite I'll be using the paddles for thrust and crouch, maybe sprint.

Give it a spin, see how you like it. Only way to figure out your control preferences is to test them.

Leyasu

Banned
I hated standoff in halo 3 but I am enjoying it here. The headlong remake is pretty great as well. But recurve and that tank?? I got 40 kills in that earlier in a CTF game... It needs to go. The tank that is.

Man the DMR is a fucking beast on these open maps. Jesus Christ I was defending the flag OUTSIDE the base on the standoff map earlier. I honestly think that it should be dropped to 3sk and be considered a power weapon. The thing is fucking lethal.

One last thing. Keep the server tuning going, tonight was flawless bar one "potentially" (could have been pinging the Irish servers quite high though) out of region game. It's almost perfect 343.

Nice little update all in all. Join in progress is just what BTB needs. Fuck the whiners who whine about everything anyway.. Great choice, well played.

What is up with people still not knowing how to play strongholds? Seriously.

I singlehandedly got the "middle" and "home" territory, and my entire tem decided to go for the last territory rather than defend. And so the other team easily took a second base and we lost. Wtf

Haines

Banned
Give it a spin, see how you like it. Only way to figure out your control preferences is to test them.

Yeah fair enough. It just becomes overwhelming when the options are pretty endless with the elite controller.

I'm starting to get my mind wrapped around it tho.

Is using the left trigger OK to zoom in this game? It was always right stick before I thought

Leyasu

Banned
I greatly disliked Standoff as well but Deadlock is fantastic
Deadlock is great no doubt about it. I was surprised how much I liked it. It may be the faster speeds that you can traverse the map that makes the difference?! I don't know, but I like it.

BraXzy

Yep.

I'm guessing they don't want to match or go over Warzone's.

I wonder what actually goes into the calculation of an RP reward. There seems to be a base rate for the different modes in general, and then maybe time played and personal performance has a small difference on top?

Either way, I get they want people in Warzone but 800 RP is shitty for 15 minutes of play. I get that in a 3 minute SWAT match.

Glass

FAK, disconnected from a Deadlock Strongholds match seconds before we were about to win after an epic comeback. Loving Strongolds BTB feels like Halo 3 just came back into my life.

Haines

Banned
I only just got halo so not much time to play warzone but

Will people just leave it for btb now. Btb seems much more action packed.

Or is warzone actually really good and I just need to play it more

UK here and I am getting 'Attention: There is a problem with Xbox Live Party Service'

And my cloud saves are not syncing on Halo.

Not able to play BTB and I've updated and done a cold boot.

Anyone else having issues?

Insane comeback last night, we were down hundreds and hundreds with never being in the lead the whole match. In the last points of the game we killed the Warden and held 2 strongholds to tick the counter over and win passing them only at approx. 980 each team. Suck it reds.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Is it possible to town down the lighting a little bit?

Recurved is such a good map otherwise.

I noticed this, maybe we can get a monolith to block out the sun or some shit. But then again if I'm matched with the usual skill of people that I normally am in BTB, my teammates will probably start screaming at it and go to touch it instead of playing the objective.

Deadlock is great no doubt about it. I was surprised how much I liked it. It may be the faster speeds that you can traverse the map that makes the difference?! I don't know, but I like it.
That's definitely what I like the most. Standoff was quite big and Halo 3 movement was so slow lol.

Is it a known bug or reason why i cant see the dlc in my collection as locked items? I had a bunch of packs saved including my premiums to open to knock the new dlc out of the way =P

Trup1aya

I only just got halo so not much time to play warzone but

Will people just leave it for btb now. Btb seems much more action packed.

Or is warzone actually really good and I just need to play it more

Both gametypes have there merits... BTB has the potential to be more action packed right from the start. BR starts, vehicles at the bases, power weapons on map... But rarely will it top the mayhem that comes in the later stages of a tight Warzone match.

343 hates asymmetric gametypes it seems. Explains the half-assed Warzone assault

Watchu talkin bout Willis?

Seriously, I haven't had as much fun In any mode as I have in Warzone Assualt. Very well done..

Kibbles

I can't do anything in Halo 5. When I click Arena it says "Connecting to Lobby" for a couple minutes then says "There was a problem with the Xbox Live Party Service."

:|

link1201

Is it a known bug or reason why i cant see the dlc in my collection as locked items? I had a bunch of packs saved including my premiums to open to knock the new dlc out of the way =P
New reqs are rolling out won't be out all at once.

(almost) All REQS

The following new REQs are included with the Battle of Shadow and Light update – as a note, it may take some time for these REQs to populate through the REQ System, as they’ll be rolling out over time.

BraXzy

The new Req stuff is apparently rolling out gradually or something? No clue what that means. I'd say don't open anything till there's a 100% confirmation :3

UK here and I am getting 'Attention: There is a problem with Xbox Live Party Service'

And my cloud saves are not syncing on Halo.

Not able to play BTB and I've updated and done a cold boot.

Anyone else having issues?

Was having that this morning with any game I tried to play, unplugged the console from the wall for 20 secs, plugged it back in, switched it on and that sorted it for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom