• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Bonnie is going to lay some intel on us.

Be prepared for the Firefight Trailer lol. I REALLY HOPE THEY SHOW A "CG" TEASER of the NEXT HALO MAINLINE.

Did a marathon halo session last night in preparation for working nights this week. Placed gold 4 in slayer, but went on a 9 game winning streak and got to plat 2 before stopping. Funny because my warzone games were the exact opposite with a 9 game losing streak.. :p

Got the indomitable helmet somehow, which is the only one I wanted out or all the noble team helmets. So that was cool. Unlocked my last mantis cert too but I have some warthogs to go.

And finally, I'm going to bed. Will have to see all the E3 news after I wake up.

What you taking about, Wilis? WZA is superior to WZ. All the fat's gone, so there's no BS (like stolen boss kills, kill farming, dry spells etc). It's just pure action.
I can see where you're coming from. For me though, I like having multiple capture points to spread players out. And no time limit is really nice.

Fuchsdh

Warzone Assault is all about solo matching. Worst case scenario you get hit by a full team, it'll be over quicker.

I also appreciate that it's not really about controlling points like Warzone, despite that being the ostensible goal of the mode. It's about being better at disrupting reinforcements or attackers, with different maps giving the advantage to either attackers or defenders.

Is everyone going to be in the private twitch chat during the MS conference?
I know I am.

Bring in the hype!

Honestly I don't need megaton surprises or anything. I mostly want to see gameplay of Sea of Theives, Gears 4, and recore. And I want to hear Xbox's roadmap in terms of hardware and such.

And since I know that's gonna be there, I'm already happy

All these leaks and nobody knows what the "other" Halo 5 related thing is that 343 is talking about.

SMH

I'm now home and in the Chat Group. Still adding people and we are now something over 40. Not sure if everyone will watch on Twitch (or at all), but I hope so.

Can I get an invite Q.Q

Ryde3

hype for whatever they have for us today at the MSFT presser!

sidenote: did the GAF montage ever come out? Curious to see if I made the cut haha

Fuchsdh

I wonder if they're going to have Firefight on the Assault variants of Warzone.

I don't see why they would unless they have an more classic outlast/survival mode in addition to the time attack stuff they demoed in the beta. Which would be great, don't get me wrong, but seems out of scope of expectations.

Twitch only lags for me with the main chat, because theres a bajillion messages coming in every second during big conferences.

So as long as I stay in the gaf chat, it'll be buttery smooth.

Also, YouTube has always been slightly more delayed.

singhr1

Twitch better quality video compression is the main reason I still choose it over YouTube for these events. YouTube is a lot lighter though

I don't see why they would unless they have an more classic outlast/survival mode in addition to the time attack stuff they demoed in the beta. Which would be great, don't get me wrong, but seems out of scope of expectations.

I do think it's out the scope of expectations but why would the addition of classic mode necessitate it? Couldn't it just be time attack on the Assault variants? Or are you saying the increased enemy count in time attack requires larger maps that classic survival doesn't need?

Fuchsdh

Twitch better quality video compression is the main reason I still choose it over YouTube for these events. YouTube is a lot lighter though

I do think it's out the scope of expectations but why would the addition of classic mode necessitate it? Couldn't it just be time attack on the Assault variants? Or are you saying the increased enemy count in time attack requires larger maps that classic survival doesn't need?

I'm saying that the Assault maps are designed for a more linear experience. Not sure what having WZ FF on those maps would add to the experience when WZ FF as played is very much about getting to various points in the map, and the more open-ended regular maps are better for that.

singhr1

I'm saying that the Assault maps are designed for a more linear experience. Not sure what having WZ FF on those maps would add to the experience when WZ FF as played is very much about getting to various points in the map, and the more open-ended regular maps are better for that.

Very true. It's why I was thinking about March on Stormbreak, which is largely a linear map as well, would be especially tough for Firefight

EDIT: Interesting that Minecraft E3 hype is being RTed by Hololens devs on twitter. Didn't expect Hololens at E3 this year.

Madness

I expected a Firefight trailer at least... Weird.

Also no Pc beta for Halo Wars 2. Suuuuuper disappointing :(

Not really. Ten times the population will be on Xbox One. This also lets them stress test the game on Xbox One and make sure it works as planned. Last thing 343 needs is to add additional platform betas to monitor and fix especially PC.

Top Bottom