• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Why 100%? Mainline Halo games always had a dev cycle of 3 years. Halo 6 would release in 2018.

Don't think that will change and I really think 343i needs that 1 year. Look at what happened with Halo 5. 3 years in the making and it still launched pretty bare bones. I'd rather have a better game, than a rushed Halo 6 which is only releasing, because of a new Xbox console.

I was talking more about a Windows 10 version BTW

belushy

Banned
H6 probably wouldn't need a 3 year dev cycle to come out fine... I mean, in my opinion they shouldn't have to change much mechanics wise. H5 is pretty sound when it comes to the gameplay itself.

Just add a grappling hook

I think the max man count is 80 so forget building a huge army unless its limited to Domination. I upgraded my armory but Im stuck at 80. Vehicles take a few men so its a lot smaller than I hoped

singhr1

All we know is it takes place directly after Halo 5.

Are Clubs up yet? Wanna get cracking on HaloGaf

Pretty sure its coming in the full Anniversary Update

I fully expect it for 343's next Halo game. A more grounded look.

It's largely a limit of the Xbox One's capabilities. If they had the money and power to make entire games look like a Blur trailer, they would. If they had the money and power to make entire game look like sparth's concept work, they would. Like both of those things are AMAZING and both are used as reference points for what Halo is now

I fully expect it for 343's next Halo game. A more grounded look.

I hope!

It's not that 343's Halo has been super stylized, but it has never really looked fully 'Halo' to me.. it kinda feels like a Halo anime which was then given a realistic makeover. I want to see more akin to Bungies 1-2-3-Reach style, which is synonymous with Halo for me.

I dont think Domination is a great RTS gametype, already people are just making mass infantry and just taking points. Kinda takes the fun out of the game. You really dont have time to build anything let alone a full army.

I hope!

It's not that 343's Halo has been super stylized, but it has never really looked fully 'Halo' to me.. it kinda feels like a Halo anime which was then given a realistic makeover. I want to see more akin to Bungies 1-2-3-Reach style, which is synonymous with Halo for me.

I mean, to be fair, a ton of Bungie's stuff has never looked especially "Halo" to me, either.

Kibbles

So Halo Wars always crashes when I press Start at the menu. It just freezes. Every single time. Rebooted the Xbox multiple times, can't even play it at all wtf

nillapuddin

after a very rough first couple matches with the beta, i actually quite enjoy it

def needs some polish, but its 8 months and 1 more beta from release, so thumbs up from me

Madness

I grt it is a beta and this is the very purpose of it, but shouldn't a beta at least start on release? Keeps crashing, downloaded some latest configurafion etc. I don't have the time to just keep booting back to menu and starting it over and over etc.

Need some more Halo 5 news :(

Really surprised we got nothing at the E3 showing. Could have easily freed up time for a bit of lip-service from Bonnie, talking about Halo 5's success, and a tease of what's to come.

Salivating at what 343 can achieve with the specs of Scorpio. As great as H5 is, I feel the visuals and gameplay were somewhat compromised by the weakness of the Xbox One console. They tried their best to ensure locked 60 frames etc. Can just imagine 1440p/60fps Halo 6 on Scorpio and PC etc.

Hoping it means we can have 4-player splitscreen back.

Top Bottom