• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Trup1aya

Spartan recruit pack was a neccisary thing...

I imagine being sent to slaughter would be a turnoff for new comers...

I'm also convinced that halo 5 was just a scheme to get people to upgrade their hard drive space.

I always found High Noon to be redundant because there was already a perfect forge remake of Hang 'Em High in Reach that was even used in the original classic playlist and it was even named High Noon.
That classic playlist was so good. Too bad it was short-lived. Hopefully this isn't foreshadowing for the new classic playlist lol.
Although Hang Em' High was totally gray, the High Noon forge remake was pretty ugly. I got sick of looking at gray boxes in Halo Reach, the CEA remake was welcome. The Damnation remake was great too. I'm still salty we got Headlong instead of Sidewinder though, the fuck was that!?
Halo devs don't like CE. It's like Sakurai and Smash; they hate their beautiful accidents. Hence the creation of Brawl and Halo 3 ;b

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That classic playlist was so good. Too bad it was short-lived.

Halo devs don't like CE. It's like Sakurai and Smash; they hate their beautiful accidents. Hence the creation of Brawl and Halo 3 ;b

They like it. But online and evolution mean it fits in a specific role.

link1201

Spartan recruit pack was a neccisary thing...

I imagine being sent to slaughter would be a turnoff for new comers...

I'm also convinced that halo 5 was just a scheme to get people to upgrade their hard drive space.
I wonder what you get if you already have everything.

They like it. But online and evolution mean it fits in a specific role.

Any word on how the FREE play days will work? Will people need to access it directly via their Xbox One? Like through the store and searching for Halo 5 or will they allow to download it on xbox.com too?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
"Fixed a bug that allowed instant activation of power ups
Fixed a bug where holding crouch while airborne allowed players to not show up on radar regardless of speed"

there it is

Kalentan

So wait...

prospect01_1920x1080-e940e98e1e804295b84fa620e7f484bc.jpg

This is Prospect, right?

Why is it that the patch notes only mentioned Tidal, Molten, and Attack on Sanctum?

Edit: OOOOOOH. It's the Assault Variant of Skrimish at Darkstar.

Trup1aya

This seems like a big change.

I don't understand. Are they saying that's how long it takes to disarm if the bomb is sitting in the arming area untouched?

Because that's essentially irrelevant .

The issue with Assualt was that touching the bomb instantly disarms it (where are they getting 7 seconds from?), making it too easy to defend, and guartunteeing low scores.

Is there a typo in the patch notes or am I just completely out of it?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Normalize difficulty, not baby mode.
Difficulty doesn't help the fact that randoms never know what to even do and just stand outside shooting (non-explosives at that). I hope they at least greatly enhanced communication that if you aren't inside, you are losing.

Trup1aya

https://youtu.be/nf9UKYnugag

Trailer if anyone hasn't seen it

Edit: I'm also surprised that there isn't a discussion topic for such a huge update on gaming

That trailer/commercial was Lit as fuck...

And I don't even use words like "lit"...

Difficulty doesn't help the fact that randoms never know what to even do and just stand outside shooting (non-explosives at that). I hope they at least greatly enhanced communication that if you aren't inside, you are losing.

Word will get around im sure...

link1201

I don't understand. Are they saying that's how long it takes to disarm if the bomb is sitting in the arming area untouched?

Because that's essentially irrelevant .

The issue with Assualt was that touching the bomb instantly disarms it (where are they getting 7 seconds from), making it too easy to defend, and guartunteeing low scores.

Is there a typo in the patch notes or am I just completely out of it?
It's been so long since I played that more. I'm not sure.

Road Trip

Level 5/5

Kill an enemy Spartan with a ground vehicle

186/29200

Going to start chipping away at this. Everyone else should too. Full Warzone games with ghosts should be the easiest way.

can't get my profile to sync when booting up Halo 5 itself, ugh.

edit - ok, got in. Random note, the rain of oblivion carbine isn't an automatic when spawned in forge.

Top Bottom