• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I don't really have any exciting clips to share. Did have a couple of longer distance kills last night. I've turned into one of those players that just tries to find a place to stand off to the side in warzone assault and kill unsuspecting players.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/16422376

Even though warzone assault annoys the piss out of me 90% of the time, I'm strictly playing the gametype until silvers are done. Does anyone else find it super annoying when you have 4+ kills and multiple assists and you're still stuck at req level 2? I wish assists were valued higher. I've gone into the third phase of warzone assault at level 2 and it's maddening.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've been thinking of reworking some controls. When someone is running toward you and you're shooting them, the urge to keep your thumb on the aim stick instead of moving it to thrust back or to the side is strong. I've also been thinking it may be more useful to make clamber a press instead of hold, and have doubted the usefulness of crouch being stick click. Elite controller paddles would be very useful.

Edit: Trying green thumb with tap clamber.

BraXzy

So the Spartan Company tab shows all the members of the Spartan Company. Cool. But to see them as online, I first have to add them as friends. So at that point they just show up in the regular fucking list and the Spartan Company tab becomes entirely pointless for me. Great feature. Well done, xbone.

It's decent for finding people without manually searching names from Waypoint but it's not ideal.

Does the Elite controller work well for Halo? It's £99 at the moment so might bite.

Like do the paddles work well with jumping etc?

Yes, it's awesome for it with the paddles. The build quality and feel of it is fantastic in general. I bought mine full price but if I hadn't I would be snapping that deal up. From GameStop UK right?

It does take awhile to get used to the paddles bear in mind.

BraXzy

I actually hate Breakout. I just want to get my Champion and stop lol.

Noooooooo!

xgL4eSV.gif

Carry me through my placements? xD

Elite Controller:

Left bumber A (jump)
Right bumber B (thrust)

Only time my right thumb moves from the stick is to reload and switch weapons.

I can't handle 4 paddles at the moment. i'll always press one of the paddles accidently when in a clench moments.

tstxcqF.png

It ends up as...

RB: Melee
LB: Dash
Right Thumbstick: Sprint
Upper Left Paddle: Zoom
Lower Left Paddle: Jump
Upper Right Paddle: Switch Weapons
Lower Right Paddle: Interact/Reload

Never having to touch the face buttons for any reason feels good.

Caja 117

For me it's Bumper Jumper, two small paddles, left is thruster right is switch grenades, 5 sens 3 acce, both deadzones at 0.

I have broke two Elites so far because of Bumper Jumper, the jump button bumper is just attached with a plastic that can break.

I returned the first one for a new one, but I really don't want to do a drive to do a replacement, again.

anytime i open a bronze pack and there are no unlocks an angel loses its wings.

Also, there has to be a mass grave full of mongooses because i think i've seen just one in the field and i know that, personally, a mongoose is only worth the 50 reqs i get from selling it

Loomba

I bought the Elite, thanks fellas. Yeah it was from GameStop UK Braxzy.

I thought it was a bit much for one game but then I remembered about Gears 4 coming out and then trying to roadie run on Ultimate Edition yesterday was killing my hands so I thought why not.

I thought it was a bit much for one game but then I remembered about Gears 4 coming out and then trying to roadie run on Ultimate Edition yesterday was killing my hands so I thought why not.

Enjoy!!

I don;t think i can play Halo 5 without the elite controller or any controller without paddles now. I hope they have a profile for gears 4 on the elite mapping when it comes out. I'm just lazy.

Enjoy!!

I don;t think i can play Halo 5 without the elite controller or any controller without paddles now. I hope they have a profile for gears 4 on the elite mapping when it comes out. I'm just lazy.

i tried playing with a regular controller and it feels like a handicap.

The elite controllers are pretty damn nice and would want to get one. Only question does it work if you hold your controller different? cause I claw and don't know if it would work the same with the paddles. Could be wrong because I've never tired it out before.

The elite controllers are pretty damn nice and would want to get one. Only question does it work if you hold your controller different? cause I claw and don't know if it would work the same with the paddles. Could be wrong because I've never tired it out before.

could always remove the paddles...
but the elite controller w/ paddles is like learning a new control scheme. takes some practise but totally worth it.

You dont need to claw with the Elite, paddles can handle all your face button needs.

Strider

Only played Multi-team on it so far but the changes to Torque seem good. Opening up the middle of the map like that should definitely help in Strongholds for example.

Biggest problem with Torque strongholds was the lack of clear sightlines from point to point and the long run time between them as well. Pretty much every game just ended up being this weird game of running back and forth and trading bases with the other team. Hopefully this alleviates that some and allows for teams to actually hold a setup.

could always remove the paddles...
but the elite controller w/ paddles is like learning a new control scheme. takes some practise but totally worth it.

Feel like if I remove the paddles than that's half the reason I got it, though with time could probably get used to holding it regularly. Won't be too bad because depending on the game I hold the controller differently.

Git gud vision

You can go through reviews.
When I bought the HyperX Cloud some guys on the Internet said that they were comfortable with glasses. I'm not sure, since they are tight, but that's What I read

Thanks for the input. I'd do laser surgery but i need my visiion stays this bad at the same power level for another year so i can actually go down that avenue.

Those HyperX Cloud cost $80 before tax. :( ..

Thanks for the input. I'd do laser surgery but i need my visiion stays this bad at the same power level for another year so i can actually go down that avenue.

Those HyperX Cloud cost $80 before tax. :( ..

Im talking about the first version. I think that costs around 60 bucks

m23

Been engrossed in Quantum Break, gotta play some Halo again soon and try those new maps. How are the impression on the new arena map?

Only played Multi-team on it so far but the changes to Torque seem good. Opening up the middle of the map like that should definitely help in Strongholds for example.

Biggest problem with Torque strongholds was the lack of clear sightlines from point to point and the long run time between them as well. Pretty much every game just ended up being this weird game of running back and forth and trading bases with the other team. Hopefully this alleviates that some and allows for teams to actually hold a setup.

Yeah saw this change with torque and was pretty happy with it. Though the thing I wonder is why they decided to have that there in the first place? Cause it is a deleteable object im pretty sure, so I'm sure they gave it some thought to whether or not they should have the middle open or not. Though kinda wish they would of just put the grav hammer in middle instead of energy.

Ryde3

It's definitely been an adjustment for me, using my middle fingers to touch buttons, they're not used to ... being used with a controller haha.

My left middle finger knuckle gets sore after extended play sessions BUT IT'S WORTH IT

The initial spawn changes to the attacking team in Warzone Assault Dispatch are pretty horrible. Makes it much harder to capture the first base.

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist! :3
So I mentioned that I have an OG xbox one controller, which doesn't allow you to play the game sound all through the headset, let alone an off-brand headset. I'm not in the market for the elite or scuff controllers because of the price, but i did read that the newer xbox one controllers have a 3.5mm jack and you can plug in an xbox one adapter to play all the sound through it. How do I know which controller I need to get if I go to the store to buy one or all the controllers at the store the newer version with the 3.5 mm jack?

EDIT:
The initial spawn changes to the attacking team in Warzone Assault Dispatch are pretty horrible. Makes it much harder to capture the first base.
I've noticed Array has some changes to the spawn locations too. The defending team will often spawn by the core base even when the spire hasn't been captured. Why not just give the spire to the attacking team in that case.

BraXzy

Nice nice! You won't regret it, saw that on a deal site. I guess stock is slowly outdoing demand at the minute. When I snagged mine it was literally going out of stock in less than 60 seconds each time.

I use it for everything, and I use it with some games on PC too so I get a lot of use out of it :)

Been thinking about the reach update coming next month and the possibilities of what they could add are somewhat boundless. I didn't care much for the game but some things were pretty cool. They did talk about new weapons and vehicles right.

That means they could add the focus rifle and the revenant with sword base being the remake map. Kappa

just joking (aside from the revenant) but for they are adding new thing the grenade launcher would be nice and everybody could hope for the falcon to come back. The map should be countdown if anything

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist! :3
So I mentioned that I have an OG xbox one controller, which doesn't allow you to play the game sound all through the headset, let alone an off-brand headset. I'm not in the market for the elite or scuff controllers because of the price, but i did read that the newer xbox one controllers have a 3.5mm jack and you can plug in an xbox one adapter to play all the sound through it. How do I know which controller I need to get if I go to the store to buy one or all the controllers the store controllers the newer version with the 3.5 mm jack?

EDIT:

I've noticed Array has some changes to the spawn locations too. The defending team will often spawn by the core base even when the spire hasn't been captured. Why not just give the spire to the attacking team in that case.
All of the new ones have a 3.5 mm jack. Buy the Lunar White, it's the best.

BraXzy

Been thinking about the reach update coming next month and the possibilities of what they could add are somewhat boundless. I didn't care much for the game but some things were pretty cool. They did talk about new weapons and vehicles right.

Well we know for sure infection and various Noble team armours are coming. As well as a torque remix. I hope we get something like the grenade launcher as a Warzone REQ and maybe a remake map from Reach.
Not swordbase.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finally played on Darkstar last night. Going to take a few matches to get it down. Felt lost. Tyrant felt really good though.

All of the new ones have a 3.5 mm jack. Buy the Lunar White, it's the best.
Thank you!
Well we know for sure infection and various Noble team armours are coming. As well as a torque remix. I hope we get something like the grenade launcher as a Warzone REQ and maybe a remake map from Reach.
Not swordbase.
While i personally wouldn't mind swordbase, I'd be okay if they remade countdown. How about a colossus successor with a covenant theme? And how awesome would a waterworks from halo 2 warzone map be? So many good ideas that will never be realized, sadly.

I just need a good pair of headphones that wont hury while i wear my glasses :((

I don't know what your setup is like, but I spent a while searching for a good USB headset that wouldn't hurt to wear (my 3.5mm jack on my PC is messed up and I stream via Windows 10's xbox app). Ultimately ended up settling with these Logitech headphones, which fit well, have good build quality and don't murder your ears, even after using them for 6+ hours
I blame Forge

Cool thing about streaming is that you can use any audio inputs / outputs you would on your computer, too, albeit my frankenstein's monster of a setup right now means that actually joining parties and stuff is... somewhat complicated. Also, you get to hear ingame chat and party chat concurrently.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
NpN3nNK.png

I'm just that good, boys.
I never held a Hydra Launcher.
It's comforting to know even the server doesn't know WTF is going on sometimes.

Top Bottom