• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Launch Day Multiplayer Playlist Revealed

Bsigg12

Slayer and Warzone look to be the only playlists with no Forge maps, though you can't Forge Warzone maps anyways.

woodland

CTF is the only objective at launch? Two SWAT playlists, neither are rotating?

343 keeping up its strong history of playlist performance.

edit; 2 objective. still garbage we don't have the big 3 that defined objective up to Reach

Pudge

At this point, I'd really just like a confirmation of what gametypes are in the game by default. Is Infection still in it? Is Griffball? Ricochet? Regicide? Did they really take out Oddball or KOTH? It just seems so limited right now.

Glass

At this point, I'd really just like a confirmation of what gametypes are in the game by default. Is Infection still in it? Is Griffball? Ricochet? Did they really take out Oddball or KOTH? It just seems so limited right now.

Im guessing modes like those will be found in the weekend playlists.

gAg CruSh3r

This is a playlist at launch. Maybe they will see our concerns and change it up a little bit before launch. I personally think it is very odd that they have two SWAT playlist and no objective gametype for launch. I guess we will see.

Nialrot

At this point, I'd really just like a confirmation of what gametypes are in the game by default. Is Infection still in it? Is Griffball? Ricochet? Did they really take out Oddball or KOTH? It just seems so limited right now.

Agreed... I don't see Regicide either =(

Does seem odd to have two Swat playlists though. Maybe that was mix up on IGN's end.

Probably their "sustain" thing. BTB weeks after launch, Forge in December, ongoing REQs probably drip feed us old gametypes throughout.

Mixing Breakout into Arena is just bad. Why do we get two SWAT playlists but staples like team doubles and team snipers are missing?

Edit: Maybe not staples but they've been here since Halo 2 and they have a decent following.

Breakout is very divisive. It plays completely different than arena slayer. Ugh...

Also, mixing objective into slayer is horrible. Going to have a lot of frustrating match ups with slayer only players ignoring the objective...

Not cool

RowdyReverb

I wonder if people will still want BTB like they used to. Warzone seems like it would scratch the same itch, and by the time BTB launches, players will already be invested in the REQ system

What are the main differences between SWAT and Breakout? Is it mainly player count?
SWAT = no shields and precision weapons offer 1 hit kills, but the scoring rules are the same as slayer
Breakout = weaker shields, SMG starts, and it's round-based elimination where each player has 1 life per round

What are the main differences between SWAT and Breakout? Is it mainly player count?

Swat no shields, breakout just has weaker shields. Swat on regular maps, breakout on that forge map. Breakout SMG/pistol starts, Swat pistol or BR starts. Neutral flag in breakout, also has a cool random starting animation.

Breakout is very divisive. It plays completely different than arena slayer. Ugh...

Also, mixing objective into slayer is horrible. Going to have a lot of frustrating match ups with slayer only players ignoring the objective...

Not cool

They will play the team slayer playlist?...

I wonder if people will still want BTB like they used to. Warzone seems like it would scratch the same itch, and by the time BTB launches, players will already be invested in the REQ system

SWAT = no shields and precision weapons offer 1 hit kills, but the scoring rules are the same as slayer
Breakout = weaker shields, SMG starts, and it's round-based elimination where each player has 1 life per round

BTB will have capture the flag and large scale slayer. I imagine that will be hugely popular still. Also, Team Snipers is great on BTB maps.

Hype seriously deflated. I know Frankie said not everyone could be pleased, but how about a slayer gametype with all applicable slayer maps and how about a purely objective gametype? In what world do you split up maps that could apply to one gametype and put them in separate ones where it forces you to roll the dice? Fuck. Breathe, me, breathe.

RowdyReverb

Hype seriously deflated. I know Frankie said not everyone could be pleased, but how about a slayer gametype with all slayer maps and a purely objective gametype? In what world do you split up maps that could apply to one gametype and put them in separate ones where it forces you to roll the dice? Fuck. Breathe, me, breathe.
I'm a big fan of objective games, but I understand that the priority at launch is to introduce players to all the options the game offers to find what they like and dislike. I'm sure that over time, playlists will become specialized to cater to each niche of the player base

Glad arena has more than Slayer. If we're only getting one ranked playlist, it better have it all.

Now we just need forced rejoins if you quit, like a Moba.

There should have been an objective only list though. There will never be a better time for it than launch. Too bad.

m23

So no one flag, one bomb, assault, oddball, king of the hill....

What is going on? Team arena can be fun though aside from the breakout inclusion. Need an objective playlist in there soon.

Glad arena has more than Slayer. If we're only getting one ranked playlist, it better have it all.

Now we just need forced rejoins if you quit, like a Moba.

There should have been an objective only list though. There will never be a better time for it than launch. Too bad.

Everything in Arena is Ranked.

There are quite a few modes I do not want to play. If I understand this correctly, I have no control over which mode/gametype I'll be playing. In 2015.

This, in addition to the rollouts, the REQ pack...I can see what's in it for 343 and Microsoft, I just have zero idea of what's in it for me as a gamer.

... A fun game?

Ehh that doesn't look too hot...

2 SWAT playlist wtf

Pegasus and Orion are fine maps but aren't in the Slayer playlist

Warzone and Warzone assault sould be voting options in a single Warzone playlist I think

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There's something amiss with the way IGN formatted their list- there aren't two SWAT lists, for example. We're reaching out to get it updated.

link1201

So is everything ranked except Warzone?

Edit:
There's something amiss with the way IGN formatted their list- there aren't two SWAT lists, for example. We're reaching out to get it updated.
Cool. It is very weird how it's worded currently.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Hmm, good to know. Can you also list out all the MP maps and what game modes they are available in?? Might help with some confusion. It seems like there are only 10-12 maps, instead of the 20.

IGN's layout didn't help anyone on this story.

There are quite a few modes I do not want to play. If I understand this correctly, I have no control over which mode/gametype I'll be playing. In 2015.

Wtf? You have 6 playlists to pick from that are single gametypes and 1 that is mixed which I'm pretty sure is the tentative HWC playlist.

Top Bottom