• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo game made by Infinity Ward

Diddy X

I envision a game in the Halo universe made by a COD developer with COD gameplay, it could be a new ODST as you also play as a normal human there the gameplay would fit better.

A problem I saw in Halo 3 ODST is that you aren't supposed as a human to punch brutes which are huge gorillas or jump high like a spartan so gameplay should be more like COD.

Do you think we could get some IPs handed to different developers amongst Microsoft's to make new games?

Killer8

Sadly not. Microsoft's biggest problem with the studios they acquire is actually that they give them too much freedom. People will imagine the absolute perfect game in their minds, like "oh my god, we could finally get a New Vegas 2 by Obsidian!"... and then they'll go and make Game Pass filler instead.

Last edited:

Ansphn

I don't know if Infinity Ward have the team to create a deep story like Bungie did and does. The gunplay would be top tier though.

Diddy X

Eh, can IW(or ID for that matter) really capture Halo's gameplay and quirky vehicle/item sandbox?
It wouldn't need to have any of Halo mechanics, it would be just like a COD game but with Halo lore, guns, etc

I don't know if Infinity Ward have the team to create a deep story like Bungie did and does. The gunplay would be top tier though.
I'm sure I'd have a great time playing such game.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
It would be Certain Affinity. As 343i is shrinking, Certain Affinity is growing.
Based on the success of Tatanka, Microsoft may give them the reigns of Halo.

tmlDan

COD stories have been bad for a decade, i'd rather someone who can tell a good story take over the Halo IP.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Right after new Fallout game from Obsidian

boom.gif

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I envision a game in the Halo universe made by a COD developer with COD gameplay, it could be a new ODST as you also play as a normal human there the gameplay would fit better.

A problem I saw in Halo 3 ODST is that you aren't supposed as a human to punch brutes which are huge gorillas or jump high like a spartan so gameplay should be more like COD.

Do you think we could get some IPs handed to different developers amongst Microsoft's to make new games?
God, no. Just go play COD if you want a game that plays like COD. Don't pollute Halo with this trash.

RickMasters

Not a bad idea, to be honest. ODST was a descent side story to halo 3, but it felt too much like halo with lowered jump height, gameplay wise.

I think it work best as an FPS with a rainbow six style cover system, that goes into third person in cover. More gadgets and stealth. A sense of vulnerability that a regular human would feel in comparison to a Spartan. Maybe even trap in some horror elements?

That said….. they won’t be pulling any COD studios away from COD to make that happen. Maybe one of their other studios.

Edder1

It's probably not happening, for the same reason we're not getting Fallout Vegas 2 or any Fallout by Obsidian. Microsoft are terrible at delegating stuff and getting the right studios making the right games.

Last edited:
Give halo to id software doom and doom eternal were pure cocaine.
Focus on single player make a big forge in multiplayer and let people make everything on forge

Sadly not. Microsoft's biggest problem with the studios they acquire is actually that they give them too much freedom. People will imagine the absolute perfect game in their minds, like "oh my god, we could finally get a New Vegas 2 by Obsidian!"... and then they'll go and make Game Pass filler instead.

Exactly because Xbox's goal isn't to make great games, there goal is to flood game pass with content to get and keep monthly subs.

Halo is dead. Please allow it to die. Seriously MS needs to take a huge break from Halo and not make a new Halo game for at least 10years. Same with Gears.

Certinty

Let Infinity Ward completely reboot Halo and they might actually be able to save the franchise. I can’t think of any other way given Halo is basically on life support right now.

Right after new Fallout game from Obsidian

Didn't Obsidian casually hint that they were returning to New Vegas at some point, just not right now?

And let Infinity Ward handle the FPS action of the next Halo game, but farm the story out to someone else (Obsidian if they're gonna make it a limited sandbox again (a la Halo Infinite)).

Last edited:

Bernkastel

but farm the story out to someone else (Obsidian if they're gonna make it a limited sandbox again (a la Halo Infinite)).
Obsidian has no experience in making a FPS campaign. Let them focus on Avowed and hopefully Fallout.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
halo 4 was pretty cod ish
And hated for it.
I’d argue that overall CoD campaigns are better than Halo campaigns.

Especially when I really look back at both.
Said no one ever. COD is that one game where the campaign is put in there because they have to. The Halo campaign is actually good and up until they shit the bed with 4, the storyline was also good.

COD is generic military trash.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I think its kinda funny that MS are looking to lock-down every FPS franchise they can whilst simultaneously pushing hard on cloud streaming tech that is absolutely the worst fit for this sort of twitch-reactive gameplay!

Halo should obviously be rebooted by ID. Doom has run its course. Nobody cares about Quake as a single player IP.

Give the best in the business the best FPS IP.

Nothing will bring Halo back. Nothing. It's a dead franchise and MS/343 killed it. Halo Infinite was the last chance the series had.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Said no one ever. COD is that one game where the campaign is put in there because they have to. The Halo campaign is actually good and up until they shit the bed with 4, the storyline was also good.

Eh, disagree. Battlefield sure, but not CoD. There’s effort put into those, even if you don’t like them.
Halo’s campaigns haven’t been as good imo. They have their moments when combat is wide open, but when it’s repeated corridors over and over it’s blah. Recent Halos especially have been mediocre. Recent CoDs have been much better. Especially Modern Warfare and Cold War.

MarkMe2525

I’d argue that overall CoD campaigns are better than Halo campaigns.

Especially when I really look back at both.
Some are better than others, but still comes down to personal preference. I typically am drawn more to epic space operas. It would be tough to top Halo 1,3, and 4 campaign in my eyes.

There are already Halo games with COD gameplay, anything 343 made....

Crew511A

And hated for it.

Aside from COD4 and earlier, I agree with this. Black Ops had some ok moments. Advanced Warfare, BO3, and Infinite Warfare seemed like they had some effort put into them. I liked them, but I can see why some might not.

I find it annoying that the in game characters talk to you like it's your first mission. A lot of "no shit, Sherlock" moments in MWII.

Bernkastel

I think its kinda funny that MS are looking to lock-down every FPS franchise they can whilst simultaneously pushing hard on cloud streaming tech that is absolutely the worst fit for this sort of twitch-reactive gameplay!
Why would they be "looking to lock-down" Halo, when it was always exclusive?

the_master

You

No.
I want Halo gameplay. It is what makes the game good.

Also, I don’t care about ODST, just make another game with the noire bullshit.

Top Bottom