• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo game made by Infinity Ward

the_master

I’d argue that overall CoD campaigns are better than Halo campaigns.

Especially when I really look back at both.
Absolutely not.
Loved COD II, II and MW, but Halo was on another level completely. With its AI, enemy design, gunplay, open spaces and vehicles. First 3 Halo games are top.
Cod had some great spectacular sequences but overall Halo is peak

Helghan

Lol, the gameplay is amazing of Halo, that's not the issue. I actually liked the open world, could've used more biomes though. What it needs is a decent writer or the ability to translate a story into the game such that it's captivating.

Roberts

I think it would be exciting that from now on every Halo game would be made by a different developer. Sort of like they did with Alien movies - same world, but each movie is completely different, because they switches directors.

GymWolf

Oh god no please, quality enemies is one of the best things about halo, imagine switching to cod cardboard enemies with no ia whatsoever.

BlackTron

Sadly not. Microsoft's biggest problem with the studios they acquire is actually that they give them too much freedom.

MS either butts in too much and ruins the creative process, or "learns their lesson" and backs off completely, resulting in too much freedom.

What they need is competent management, which they don't have.

SHA

Pull the ai and insert doll physics, every gun matters in halo, cod is way different, halo mechanics outmatch cod mechanics, cod actually closer to cs when it comes to p2w, if halo joined the p2w party then the fps genre is done.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

It wont happen but i think infinity ward would be a good fit considering they are obsessed with arena map design for there maps (which literally doesnt work for cod)

George Costanza Flirting GIF by MOODMAN

Thirty7ven

Banned
This is the type of shit 16 years old dream up, because it’s easy to fantasize about it when you don’t have to think much about it. Just slap COD gameplay on Halo, well of course that makes total sense. Duh

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Absolutely not.
Loved COD II, II and MW, but Halo was on another level completely. With its AI, enemy design, gunplay, open spaces and vehicles. First 3 Halo games are top.
Cod had some great spectacular sequences but overall Halo is peak

Enemy design is the exact same thing in every game, save for Halo 4 - which they were nothing special.

Open spaces and vehicles are the only good parts, but they are only in certain portions of the game. Once you get into interiors, it’s nothing but repeated uninteresting corridors. CoD will at least change the locations up a good deal during campaigns.

Gunplay is fine in both, although I prefer the real world and fantasy real world style stuff to the Halo guns.

Visually I’d say CoD blows Halo away.

Multiplayer CoD beats Halo easily, where Halo is now irrelevant.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Halo after 2 earned the right to play however it wants, meanwhile cod leads in sales every year but lobbies are toxic so…

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Why would they be "looking to lock-down" Halo, when it was always exclusive?

Obviously, but CoD and all the ID and ID-tech derived properties (they acquired as part of Zenimax) that were once multi-platform it seems likely they will make exclusive. Meanwhile... Yay kids, its gaming "everywhere" thanks to the power of the cloud!

My point being that as per usual MS makes moves that make strategic sense from a business perspective but are counter-intuitive from the position of their users.

killatopak

I’m confused. Most of the prominent negative remarks about Halo that Halo fans mention is that they do not like Halo becoming COD and you want a COD developer to make it like COD?

what?

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Halo is dead. Please allow it to die. Seriously MS needs to take a huge break from Halo and not make a new Halo game for at least 10years. Same with Gears.
Yeah but if Sega can churn out all these Sonic games year in year out.....why can't Microsoft do the same with Halo?

Hudo

The thing is that this would disrupt the staged Call of Duty dev pipeline and I don't see Microsoft wanting to disrupt that. Also, they gunplay in Halo is completely different from CoD, not sure if any of the CoD-studios could pull it off.

But let me throw something completely crazy out there: Let Blizzard have a go.

RAIDEN1

I mean I get that Halo does need to take some level of a break, seeing as Halo Infinite didn't exactly win multiple accolades, I would be interested in a spin-off game though, something along the lines of playing the WHOLE game from the Arbiter perspective or someone similar to him....

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Obviously, but CoD and all the ID and ID-tech derived properties (they acquired as part of Zenimax) that were once multi-platform it seems likely they will make exclusive. Meanwhile... Yay kids, its gaming "everywhere" thanks to the power of the cloud!

My point being that as per usual MS makes moves that make strategic sense from a business perspective but are counter-intuitive from the position of their users.
This is a Halo thread though.

Sony

Nintendo
A Spartan IV dudebro spinoff would be great. I actually quite liked Halo 4, but that game should have a been a spinoff.

I'd be concerned that they would make all the gameplay mechanics revolve around ADS. If they did that it would make Halo even worse.

flying_sq

IDK who is still working on The MCC, but let those guys in 343 have a shot. Just came out with a huge update, they generally add things that people want and come up with new features to add into the games, theater and menu system. The fact that it hasn't gone microtransaction and you unlock things with level up points is shocking today.

I envision a game in the Halo universe made by a COD developer with COD gameplay, it could be a new ODST as you also play as a normal human there the gameplay would fit better.

A problem I saw in Halo 3 ODST is that you aren't supposed as a human to punch brutes which are huge gorillas or jump high like a spartan so gameplay should be more like COD.

Do you think we could get some IPs handed to different developers amongst Microsoft's to make new games?
Right, so Infinite Warfare. If you haven't played it, please do. It's the best Star Trek and Halo game in the past ten years.

the_master

Enemy design is the exact same thing in every game, save for Halo 4 - which they were nothing special.

Open spaces and vehicles are the only good parts, but they are only in certain portions of the game. Once you get into interiors, it’s nothing but repeated uninteresting corridors. CoD will at least change the locations up a good deal during campaigns.

Gunplay is fine in both, although I prefer the real world and fantasy real world style stuff to the Halo guns.

Visually I’d say CoD blows Halo away.

Multiplayer CoD beats Halo easily, where Halo is now irrelevant.
Enemy design in halo combines AI and animation. They did it so well that the same enemies in different terrain configs and different groups offer significally different gameplay encounters. This is far beyond any Call of duty.

If you get call of duty in a gray box environment and do the same for Halo. Halo will be 10 times more fun

Bry0

Call of Halo: ODST would be rad as a spin-off of the main series. If you consider the lore, they fought rebellions before aliens, so there are interesting things you could do.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I bet the team behind Destiny could make a good Halo game. I don't like destiny but the shooting feels right.

peronmls

Why people still play games after the original minds from the team have left development is beyond me. You are buying the title at this point. Not a well-developed video game from the devs mind. Games like that become a checklist of what makes it like its predecessor. No passion. Halo is just being bred to make more.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Why people still play games after the original minds from the team have left development is beyond me. You are buying the title at this point. Not a well-developed video game from the devs mind. Games like that become a checklist of what makes it like its predecessor. No passion. Halo is just being bred to make more.

Looks at Legend of Zelda.

Tiamat2san

Halo is dead. Please allow it to die. Seriously MS needs to take a huge break from Halo and not make a new Halo game for at least 10years. Same with Gears.
No they need to finish the second Gears trilogy.
5 is a good game, beautiful and horde mode was excellent near the end.
They have solid foundations for 6.
Once 6 is made and if the game isn’t a success THEN they can leave the series in a corner for a while.

And for halo by infinity ward, hell no if it’s the same gameplay type as COD

Last edited:
Top Bottom