• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite delayed to 2021, Series X still launching November

Fbh

Damned if you do damned if you dont.

ad521md_460s.jpg

To be fair the last game by CDPR was one of the most beloved and highest rated RPG's from this generation.
The last game by 343 was arguably the worst mainline Halo.

It's only natural reactions to both studios are different.

A.Romero

This was the only correct decision to make. It will be painful but there was no way around it.

Hopefully Microsoft will intervene directly and set 343 straight. There is no way missing 11 months of development out of a 4-5 year cycle would produce something like what we saw a few weeks ago. The problem is not the pandemic, it's the studio.

Halo and the fans deserve a AAA product made by a passionate studio that really understands what Halo is about and has the capabilities to deliver a product that is worthy of the franchise. 343 has not shown they are up to the task.

Aion002

With this title pushed back into "2021", is there a reason to actually purchase an Xbox Series console, either X or S, this year at all? In fact, is there a reason to pick up any console, from team blue or green, this year unless an existing one breaks? Right now I'm just hoping that there is something worth playing at the end of this year that warrants a GPU upgrade.

This delay, while desperately needed, is just flat out depressing and a good representation of this year as a whole.
Spiderman MM is a killer thing for the PS5, people love Spiderman and the first game sold a lot and was well received.

If it is a launch title and Sony bundle it with the PS5... It will be a big deal.

CuNi

2 things to note.

1. We all know the "reason" for the delay is mostly backlash from the reveal. No sugar coating that.
2. This game really needs this delay but as with every game, more time will hopefully translate into a better product.

Let's hope they can actually push out a better game after those delays.

Vawn

Banned

People should look at the PS5 launch lineup. I honestly still wonder if people have actually looked at it.

There's literally nothing there lol. Nothing for either console.

There is Cyperpunk and Assassin's Creed Valhalla for both.

Then there is The Medium, Spider-Man MM, Kena Bridge of Spirits, Deathloop and Godfall.

There are some time-consuming games there.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I have an eerie feeling that this game is a total mess and wouldn't be surprised to see this slip into 2022.

A big clue was the game not even playing on Series X hardware. A mid range PC with "target specs"? Yeah....no

People should look at the PS5 launch lineup. I honestly still wonder if people have actually looked at it.

Astro's looks fun. But not something I'm gonna blow potentially £400-£500 notes on LMAO.

Vampire Bloodlines got knocked off that list also today, it's now a 2021 delay.

Destiny 2 Expansion and Season on gamepass might actually do okay for MS as that's a few hundred thousand addicts who'll likely pick up a new console for it. Absolutely pathetic situation. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

LarknThe4th

Well my purchase of a series X will be delayed too!

But seriously I thought it looked good but a lot of people didn't, and sure some time in the oven will always help

But sadly this means more crunch(when games get delayed, it doesn't as you would think eade up the crunch it in fact ratchets it up)

I've said this many times but so the responses are Sony's is better. Sure it's a slightly smaller pile of shit. Not anything to brag about.

Vaelka

Good.
Altho I am sure that a lot of the Sony fanboys will just escalate their immature shit because of it.

A generation lasts for longer than just the launch, and as a PC player I appreciate that they make that decision.
That they'd rather delay a game for a better product than rush it out should be applauded but it won't be because people are incapable of giving Microsoft any credit for some reason.

Edit: Also something to consider, none of you even know what the PS5 launch titles will be like.
They might as well be lackluster precisely because they might be rushed out for the launch just to sell more consoles.
Wouldn't you rather the games be delayed for a better end product?
Like you don't even have any financial interest at all in console sales.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

What a disaster, time to fire Bonnie Ross and clean house at 343.

What the hell is the XSX going to lanch with? HDR patches for 10 year old games?

Yakuza?
Scorn?
The Medium?
Dirt 5?
AC Valhalla?
Madden?
NBA?

and more, take your pick. How many launch titles do you need?

If it's going to be better when it finally releases then the delay is good.

There's plenty other games to play.

INC

I've said this many times but so the responses are Sony's is better. Sure it's a slightly smaller pile of shit. Not anything to brag about.

A shit with sweetcorn tho, xbx atm is more a runny shit, and we can all agree, no one wants to pick up a runny shit

I agree but Ms really doesn't want you to buy a series x or s. They want you on gamepass and xcloud.

If that was the case they would have released gamepass and xcloud on everything, including Playstation.

MS wants you to buy an Xbox because that's where they make the most money in gaming.

magaman

Banned
Yakuza?
Scorn?
The Medium?
Dirt 5?
AC Valhalla?
Madden?
NBA?

and more, take your pick. How many launch titles do you need?

If it's going to be better when it finally releases then the delay is good.

There's plenty other games to play.

lmfao. You're literally bringing "Madden" into a launch discussion as a means to validate there are other things to play. How pathetic can you get?

INC

If that was the case they would have released gamepass and xcloud on everything, including Playstation.

MS wants you to buy an Xbox because that's where they make the most money in gaming.

Software is where the money is......surely? Isnt that why consoles generally sell at a lose?

As of now, they don’t have a major first party release all this year and the last one was Gears 5 last September?

They are clearly not ready, as the showcase revealed, its looks likely Gears Tactics port to Xbox is their major release for launch unless things aren’t right with that and we hear otherwise in a upcoming show.

Arun1910

I'M OLD CRAIIIIIGGG

FUCKING thank God. That piece of trash needs a ground up rework. Blame covid all you like but the shittiness of what they showed did not happen in the last 6 months but the past 4 years

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Well this *TOTALLY* cements the fact that I will *NOT* be buying an Xbox Series X this fall.

Get ready for a Xbox Series X delay until 2021...me thinks

Why are some acting like this is going to have a big impact on the Series X? I think the fact that it's cross-gen already limited how much of an impact it was going to have either way. New consoles sell themselves for the first month or two, once you get through Christmas and into the spring that's when having a steady stream of new games matters and when the larger AAA titles become more important to keep momentum going.

LostDonkey

lmfao. You're literally bringing "Madden" into a launch discussion as a means to validate there are other things to play. How pathetic can you get?

People buy consoles for sports games.

I have friends who literally play Fifa and that is it. Nothing else.

You're just trying to find a problem where there isn't one. it was asked what games were launching and there it is.

Top Bottom