• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite delayed to 2021, Series X still launching November

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Actually this post just proves my point, who the fuck is buying a new videogame console for Madden lmao

More people than are buying a new console for whatever game you think they are buying new consoles for.

EA Sports games legitimately move console units.

I know people who have PS4/XB1 just for FIFA or Madden.
Once EA says the nextgen version of game X is better than your current gen one......they are going to buy a new console with that game.

Dr Bass

Spiderman MM is a killer thing for the PS5, people love Spiderman and the first game sold a lot and was well received.

If it is a launch title and Sony bundle it with the PS5... It will be a big deal.

Yeah, I played a bit of Spiderman and thought it was ok, not really for me. But people downplaying this new one like it's a "DLC" or expansion pack are just in denial. It's been compared over and over again to Uncharted Lost Legacy which was a completely stand alone game.

It's a new game naysayers. And like you said here, Spiderman is a big deal.

Feel like it's going to be an ugly holiday quarter.

NickFire

Well this *TOTALLY* cements the fact that I will *NOT* be buying an Xbox Series X this fall.

Get ready for a Xbox Series X delay until 2021...me thinks
The last time I thought there was no chance your prediction would come true backfired spectacularly an hour ago. So yeah, maybe.

diffusionx

Gold Member
You don't want Blinx the Timekeeper in 4K 120fps?

I do want that actually.

I said months ago I felt like Halo Infinite was make it or break it for MS' entire approach. If the game came out and was a Halo 3 tier 10/10 tier game, it would validate their cross platform strategy, sell the console to normies who want a top console experience, sell lots of copies on PC, etc. The flip side of this is that if Halo Infinite is a turd... then what does the console have. I guess the problem with all of this is pinning your entire generational strategy on 343 Industries.

Seriously, even the shit Xbox One launch had Forza 5. I'm supposed to spend $500 to play Madden?

What about Phil Spencer and Matt Booty? Don’t they take some responsibility for lack of titles ?

of course they do. But man, it's Halo. Your top franchise just got turned into a meme. 343 can't do anything right.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
giphy.gif

Enjoy buying your Series X to play a bunch of old games. This is this generation all over again. "Hey ignore the fact that we have no exclusives on Xbox One but hey you can play hundreds of 360 and original Xbox games." They've had YEARS to get ready for a new console launch and they are failing BIG time.

What on earth are they going to launch with? That’s absolutely a devastating blow
The Medium, Scorn, Yakuza 7 and various third party games. What is the PS5 launching with? Spider-Man, Deathloop, Kena, Astrobot and Sackboy along with third party games

Both consoles have a shitty launch lineup, but at least Xbox has Gamepass and good backwards compatibility. What does the PS5 have?

diffusionx

Gold Member
More people than are buying a new console for whatever game you think they are buying new consoles for.

EA Sports games legitimately move console units.

I know people who have PS4/XB1 just for FIFA or Madden.
Once EA says the nextgen version of game X is better than your current gen one......they are going to buy a new console with that game.

I would recommend those people buy a PlayStation 5.

aries_71

How many years have been these guys working on this thing? Six years? Will it take seven years to release this beast?

I would never have imagined that a huge corporation like MS, that is basically ruled by strict business cases, would allow these gentlemen to be paid during so many years without producing results. Amazing.

Banned
The problem is they have kind of backed themselves into a corner with this one. Infinite was supposed to be the Halo game for the entire generation that gets updated periodically.

What are they going to do, let them finish it and then hand the keys of a game that has had a troubled development over to a different team? It would take a brave development team to take it on, I dread to think how much of a mess it is under the hood.

Unless they just scrap that plan and give the IP to a different team to start something fresh for next gen consoles only?

they literally did this with Killer Instinct. after season 1 they let Iron Galaxy handle the game and took it away from Double Helix

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Vaelka

This logic is stupid. CDPR is beloved and they release insane quality and value. 343 sucks.

We know the game is in good hands with CDPR and there's a reason for delay. 343's Halo has been delayed because it sucks.

What's your point?

It's not stupid.
Even if you don't like 343 them delaying a game because they're not happy with where it's at is still a good thing and people were literally asking for it but now they're acting all outraged about it.
And you don't think that there is a reason for the delay of Halo too? Seriously?
It's literally the same reason, quality assurance.
You don't know whether Halo Infinite sucks or not because you haven't played it yet.

Just because you like CDPR's games up until this point doesn't mean that they'll keep making great games forever either or that 343 will keep making lackluster games.

Manchildren.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Destiny 2: beyond light is now undeniably the premier Xbox Series X and Gamespass game for launch. A proper Bungie game. LOL. Suck it bitches

I wouldn’t be surprised if that deal was made just because Spencer saw how shit Infinite is turning into.

It’s time to completely shutter 343. They have a garbage track record. Suck at plagiarism and can’t even compile a collection of games made by actual talent and not fuck that up.

what a joke... I can’t take defense of this shit studio seriously anymore. Their fans are a joke too

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
‪B-but I thought Alanah Pearce, Paris and all the other Microsoft bullshit influencers, plus even Aaron fucking Greenberg said “it’s just an old build. Don’t worry, we check every week and it’s better and better!”‬

‪Those people looking spooky now!‬

diffusionx

Gold Member
Destiny 2: beyond light is now undeniably the premier Xbox Series X and Gamespass game for launch. A proper Bungie game. LOL. Suck it bitches

I wouldn’t be surprised if that deal was made just because Spencer saw how shit Infinite is turning into.

Destiny 2 was the premier launch game on Stadia too.

That's where we are at with Xbox. Phil should be proud.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Does Sony have anything besides MM for launch?
Nothing else is confirmed for the launch window, no. And even Miles Morales isn’t technically confirmed as a launch title, it’s been billed as “Holiday 2020”, which could mean the game comes out in Mid-December, for example. I don’t think it will, but as I mentioned, this may relieve some pressure from Sony to crunch their teams to death to make games available for launch. It’s certainly a massive, MASSIVE blow to the launch of the next-gen Xbox, you absolutely cannot dent that in any sense. So that does take some competitive pressure off of Sony — whether they choose to change their schedule as a result of it remains to be seen

Aion002

[/QUOTE]
Or Scalebound! Wait....
Yeah, I played a bit of Spiderman and thought it was ok, not really for me. But people downplaying this new one like it's a "DLC" or expansion pack are just in denial. It's been compared over and over again to Uncharted Lost Legacy which was a completely stand alone game.

Yep. Some ignore the Marvel "power" right now, casuals see a new gen coming and PS5 is the only console with Spiderman... This might turn out huge in a console launch.

But Lost Legacy was never huge. It was a short side game and people knew that. I couldn't even find sales numbers so they were probably very unremarkable.

Banned
This won't work either. This shitshow is MS' fault for farming out their biggest i.p to a mediocre studio and trying to con the casuals with 'it's got Halo on the box cover its still the same'. Imagine Sony giving TLOU to a mediocre studio and expecting things to carry on as normal.

Added to that, the franchise is extremely tired at this point. It needs to go on prolonged hiatus.

lol, Naughty Dog is a mediocre studio (at best)

also they didn't "farm it out" they built a new Studio from the ground up.

Enjoy buying your Series X to play a bunch of old games. This is this generation all over again. "Hey ignore the fact that we have no exclusives on Xbox One but hey you can play hundreds of 360 and original Xbox games." They've had YEARS to get ready for a new console launch and they are failing BIG time.

Agreed. Obviously it’s difficult times with what’s going but it shouldn’t be an all round excuse for a such empty offerings. Craig has now taken over the “wait till E3” farce. It pisses me off how poorly things have been handled.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
The cynic in me thinks this will now get delayed until all those $1 gamepass subs have expired.

I think the delay is for the best though, they need this game to wow people.

Starcheif

It's been in development for 5 years and it's also your flag ship game so how do you F it up so bad that it's delayed until 2021? Did Phil not follow up with the 343i team weekly?! I am happy it's delayed but how the hell do you let this happen?

Stuart360

'Halo looks terrible', 'Halo is dead', 'Halo is an embarresment', 'halo is the joke of the internet', 'Microsoft and 343 are a joke'.
Halo Infinite gets delayed
'What?, this is crazy', 'XSX is screwed', 'XSX is DOA with this news', 'This is a mjor blow to XSX', 'whats the point in buying an XSX now?', 'Microsoft and 343 are a joke'.

MtZ9N.gif

Last edited:

CAB_Life

These consoles ain’t gonna have shit to play in terms of 1st party at launch. Sony just has what, MM: Spider Man? And Xbox has...? 3rd party will be the saviour of 2020, I guess.

I haven’t played a first party game since God of War though, so this doesn’t affect me either way.

Top Bottom