• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite vs Halo Reach Visuals [Xbox Series X/Xbox One vs Xbox 360] [Am I stupid? I really wanna know what you think...]

MCplayer

I don't believe this is all 343's fault to be honest. We've heard rumours that the dev kits were late so what are they going to do? If the goal posts keep moving then that's not really a fair argument that 343 don't know what they are doing. The previous games looked OK from memory. I do expect the games to look progressively better, but as a flagship title on the best piece of hardware, it looks terrible.
And coronavirus doesnt help, 2020 is just pure shit until now

MCplayer

Dude!
Goto sleep and when you wake up tomorrow, after a good nutricient breakfast watch again with a clean and rested head the video you proclaim is "miles better".

Btw I replayed through campaign just 2 days ago, your wide fov is a disservice to reach

Cheers
not really, I still have my xbox 360 reach and xbox one MCC, so pc is just another option, so why not try it with more FOV

and I still have my previous old gameplays on console in my random channel

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
You realize that open worlds are more demanding than canned levels loaded into memory...right?

That's why RDR2 cannot get enough praise.

Anyway, quoting myself from other thread, Halo 5 running in 4K60 on X1X:

XOX_005.jpg

XOX_003.jpg

XOX_000.jpg

Clearly something went terribly wrong with Infinite's development.

MCplayer

so yeah... Reach does look better, if illumination, pop in, art design, self shadows were the only problem... and the warthog sound is stupid.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
343 made Halo 4, which was maybe the best looking game on 360, and I know that was a while ago but I don't think the problem is talent. I think the game looked like a blast to play and am looking forward to it, but I can see why people are criticizing the graphics... the "free raytracing patch" is just a head scratcher though.

Yes, RDR2 with its 5 seconds of input lag and 5 minute animation to pick up a flower.
It has me wondering if some more talent left. Corrinne Yu, who was a big reason why Halo 4 looked so good left 343 years ago

Top Bottom