• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
They up front said no? I don't believe that. Why would they do this to us? :(

god damn, they are acting like they are making a game. How long does it take to UPLOAD on youtube, the Video that you recorded. Nighfall took 1 day, even that was over killed. And this is over 4 days now. If by now there is no added content. New trailer or anything, than I will be disappointed.

There is no added content, but the issue was an airline shenanigan.

Anyone know what the plans are for Halo Waypoint? I used to love using it on my Xbox 360 dash and my Windows Phone. The phone app didn't really stay updated soon after Halo 4's release.

Will there be something similar or will it all be Smartglass?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
There is no added content, but the issue was an airline shenanigan.

lol that's funny. But Frankie you gotta do something about our needs man. I am talking about Halo for my desk. I have Halo 3-4 steelbook case, don't you think it would be shame if I put something as awesome and glorious as this, wrapped around in plastic beside that?

We can do this off the record too, if you what I mean.

lggs.gif

BeforeU

Anyone know what the plans are for Halo Waypoint? I used to love using it on my Xbox 360 dash and my Windows Phone. The phone app didn't really stay updated soon after Halo 4's release.

Will there be something similar or will it all be Smartglass?

Halo Waypoint support for WP is ending, and their reasoning was to focus on something else. So I am assuming there will be a better app, hopefully better app because Waypoint was mess. Every time I load up, it shows me Halo 4 stats, and sometimes Reach. Its supposed to be a HALO app. Not app for a particular game. I want it to be exactly like the website, where you can select particular career or over all stats.

We're about a month away from when they started releasing the ViDocs for CEA, I really hope we get some MCC ViDocs. For CEA we got one for multiplayer, one for campaign, one for the terminals and one for the music. Preferably for MCC I'd like to see one for H2A's campaign, one for H2A multiplayer, one for the new sounds and music in H2A, one for the Blur cutscenes and maybe one to cover the ports of CEA, CE multi, 3 and 4. A terminal ViDoc would also be nice, but 4 or 5 ViDocs over the span of about a month is already a lot so maybe they could just put that in with the Blur cutscene ViDoc.

Plz 343, don't let me down, I love Halo ViDocs.

We're about a month away from when they started releasing the ViDocs for CEA, I really hope we get some MCC ViDocs. For CEA we got one for multiplayer, one for campaign, one for the terminals and one for the music. Preferably for MCC I'd like to see one for H2A's campaign, one for H2A multiplayer, one for the new sounds and music in H2A, one for the Blur cutscenes and maybe one to cover the ports of CEA, CE multi, 3 and 4. A terminal ViDoc would also be nice, but 4 or 5 ViDocs over the span of about a month is already a lot so maybe they could just put that in with the Blur cutscene ViDoc.

ViDocs were always fascinating. Hope they do 'em for MCC. I think 3's were my favorite.

BeforeU

I know right? This sucks. Last time we even got ViDocs during Comic-con intro and stuff. Actually that was in 2012 for Halo 4. But still, this is a huge project. It would be great to have some insight from 343 people.

ViDocs were always fascinating. Hope they do 'em for MCC. I think 3's were my favorite.

3's were the best. I especially loved the Et Tu Brute? one because they weren't afraid to talked about how they fucked up with the brutes in Halo 2.
I also really liked the CEA campaign one because they had a guy from Saber going into the details of how they did the dual graphics.
I know right? This sucks. Last time we even got ViDocs during Comic-con intro and stuff. Actually that was in 2012 for Halo 4. But still, this is a huge project. It would be great to have some insight from 343 people.

Well because 343 isn't the one handling the actual development I imagine it would be easier to wait until closer to release to do the ViDocs like they did with CEA. The first CEA ViDoc didn't even come out until August 27th.

BeforeU

btw is the ranking system confirmed for games com? If yes then only 2 more weeks guys. This is going to be so tricky for 343 to execute it perfectly. Cant wait to see how its going to turn out. It better be unified though.

njean777

Where do we see most people playing the most? 2 and 3 would be my guess, with 3 maybe slightly edging out two in the long run.

Jibbed

Out of all the games in the MCC, I'm actually the most curious about seeing Halo 3 at 1080/60.

The lighting and colours in that game are still beautiful to this day. Shame about the textures though.

Asbear

Banned
That was one of the best looking Xbox 360 games. So I can't imagine how it will look with better texture and draw distance.

Has that been confirmed though? I remember them saying Halo 3 is 1080p 60fps, and apparently people here say H4 is as well, but with better textures and drawdistance too? Somehow that makes me skeptical.

antigoon

Man, I'm glad there isn't gonna be a collector's edition for this game. Don't need any reason to spend more than I already will to get this thing running through my TV.

XBOX ON

Woorloog

Banned
Has that been confirmed though? I remember them saying Halo 3 is 1080p 60fps, and apparently people here say H4 is as well, but with better textures and drawdistance too? Somehow that makes me skeptical.

The only thing that has been confirmed is 1080p 60fps.

There are some claims about lighting upgrades for 3 and 4 but i couldn't find any source i'd trust for those claims. Haven't seen any mention about textures or drawdistance being tweaked.

Can't wait for this collection, but will Reach/ODST ever get any love? It just feels wrong to exclude them.

It'll be very interesting to see how the remaster turns out. I thought CE Anniversary was pretty great, but there were frequent frame-rate drops and the like. I wonder if this will hold at 60fps. Be a shame if it's all over the place (like 40-60fps).

Welfare

Can't wait for this collection, but will Reach/ODST ever get any love? It just feels wrong to exclude them.

It'll be very interesting to see how the remaster turns out. I thought CE Anniversary was pretty great, but there were frequent frame-rate drops and the like. I wonder if this will hold at 60fps. Be a shame if it's all over the place (like 40-60fps).

For the first part, Reach, ODST, and maybe Wars, should be bundled as a "Legacy" Bundle or something to that effect.

Second part, I'm pretty sure all games are going to be consistent 60fps.

BeforeU

lol looks like I might be wrong on this. nvm

KageMaru

Out of all the games in the MCC, I'm actually the most curious about seeing Halo 3 at 1080/60.

The lighting and colours in that game are still beautiful to this day. Shame about the textures though.

Textures were very high quality, it was the lack of texture filtering that destroyed them. Hopefully that is fixed in the MCC. Eager to see that lighting at 1080p60.

Have they ever hinted at AA being added to Halo 3? CEA and Halo 4 already use FXAA, and I can see Halo 2 getting some AA since it's receiving a face lift. So that really only leaves Halo 3. I hope they give it some proper filtering, both AA and AF.

dwells

Textures were very high quality, it was the lack of texture filtering that destroyed them. Hopefully that is fixed in the MCC. Eager to see that lighting at 1080p60.

Have they ever hinted at AA being added to Halo 3? CEA and Halo 4 already use FXAA, and I can see Halo 2 getting some AA since it's receiving a face lift. So that really only leaves Halo 3. I hope they give it some proper filtering, both AA and AF.

There's been slim to none when it comes to information regarding technical details for the games. I asked Frankie about it a few weeks ago and he said that it was very likely that we would be getting all sorts of nerdy details some time in the future.

I'm really hoping that they don't use FXAA and instead use something like SMAA if they decide to go with a post-process AA solution. Given that these games are Xbox 360 ports, there should be plenty of processing power available to do proper AA, AF, etc. and wind up with flawless image quality.

KageMaru

There's been slim to none when it comes to information regarding technical details for the games. I asked Frankie about it a few weeks ago and he said that it was very likely that we would be getting all sorts of nerdy details some time in the future.

I'm really hoping that they don't use FXAA and instead use something like SMAA if they decide to go with a post-process AA solution. Given that these games are Xbox 360 ports, there should be plenty of processing power available to do proper AA, AF, etc. and wind up with flawless image quality.

I'm not sure there would be plenty of power left after upping the resolution to 1080p and doubling the frame rate to 60fps. I didn't even think they could accomplish that on the XBO.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm sad about not having a collector edition.

Although that does keep my games all digital by doing so....

I would have loved a Halo 3 like legendary edition:

Why can't physical collectors editions come with the choice of code or disc.

That would be awesome.....

The only thing that has been confirmed is 1080p 60fps.

There are some claims about lighting upgrades for 3 and 4 but i couldn't find any source i'd trust for those claims. Haven't seen any mention about textures or drawdistance being tweaked.

I believe it was mentioned in one of the live interviews that they are doing stuff in Halo 4 with the lighting that they couldn't do before. My assumption is they are restoring the more advanced lighting effects that were in Halo 3, but opted to forgo in Halo 4 to get the resolution up to 720p.

dwells

I'm not sure there would be plenty of power left after upping the resolution to 1080p and doubling the frame rate to 60fps. I didn't even think they could accomplish that on the XBO.

If the Xbone can't handle a last-gen title at 1080p60 with lots of power to spare, then it's even more woefully underpowered than I thought. Microsoft claims that the Xbox One is "ten times more powerful" than the Xbox 360.

Using some basic math for a drastically oversimplified view, 1080p60 is only four and a half times as many pixels per second as 720p30, meaning you've got that other five and a half times more power sitting on standby. Obviously things aren't as a simple as that and scaling isn't always perfectly linear, but it's just a ballpark figure and something which goes both ways. Mid-range PCs from several years ago which might not be "ten times more powerful than an Xbox 360" can run the often poorly-ported 360 ports at 1080p60 and have enough power left over for post-processing and other effects.

Neper

Neo Member
Has O'Connor -or someone else from the team- said anything about Theater mode coming to Halo 1 & Halo 2 as well (Anniversary ver. at least)? Since they are bringing Forge to Halo 2, maybe they also want to bring that extra feature, too. That would win me at so many levels.

Or maybe Theater mode for Halo 4's Campaign? Now THAT would be awesome.

Has O'Connor -or someone else from the team- said anything about Theater mode coming to Halo 1 & Halo 2 as well (Anniversary ver. at least)? Since they are bringing Forge to Halo 2, maybe they also want to bring that extra feature, too. That would win me at so many levels.

Or maybe Theater mode for Halo 4's Campaign? Now THAT would be awesome.

Theater and forge are in Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer. Nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom