• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll buy another X1 if there is an MCC edition/bundle. Just because why the fuck not, I can't think of any reason to stop me :)
Time for my 5 year old son to start playing Halo with Dad, don't cramp my style with splitscreen kid LOL

I'll buy another X1 if there is an MCC edition/bundle. Just because why the fuck not, I can't think of any reason to stop me :)
Time for my 5 year old son to start playing Halo with Dad, don't cramp my style with splitscreen kid LOL

Hey, I started before that age. And look how I turned out.... I SAID LOOK HOW I TURNED OUT!

El_Chino

I'm kinda shocked that there is no special edition of any kind announced. This game is likely going to be the Xbox1 top seller this year. Probably don't want to step on the toes of the many Halo 5 special editions in the works.
Maybe an announcement at Gamescom?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be pretty surprised if a special edition wasn't announced. Yall just need to be patient.

Navy Bean

This is too big of a special/historical event not to release a special edition of some sort.

Maybe, but with nothing announced at this point I wouldn't hold my breadth. It takes a long time to plan a SE of a game (not including a bs MCC console with a digital download). Something with a soundtrack would be cool.

Random17

Oh man, I feel old. Your son wasn't even born when Halo 3 came out, and I've been playing since 2002 :/

Have we heard any news on splitscreen actually?

TUROK

The best thing about Halo Anniversary was the gun sounds. Halo 2 Anniversary has some massive shoes to fill.

Neper

Neo Member
Does anybody know how is the team dealing with the original Halo 2 cinematics? Are they patching the texture loading issues? Would be nice to have that finally updated and working correctly. Has Frankie, or someone from 343, Saber or Certain Affinity, said anything about using the "refurbished" version of the cinematics that Joe Staten showcased in the Halo 3's special edition DVD?

Hope they fix that.

Woorloog

Banned
Does anybody know how is the team dealing with the original Halo 2 cinematics? Are they patching the texture loading issues? Would be nice to have that finally updated and working correctly. Has Frankie, or someone from 343, Saber or Certain Affinity, said anything about using the "refurbished" version of the cinematics that Joe Staten showcased in the Halo 3's special edition DVD?

Hope they fix that.

The texture pop-in didn't exist on Halo 2 Vista so it is safe to assume it is gone from Xbone.

Neper

Neo Member
The texture pop-in didn't exist on Halo 2 Vista so it is safe to assume it is gone from Xbone.

Never played the Vista version, so this is new for me! Then yeah, I think we can assume that the problem is gone for the MCC. Thank the Forerunners for that.

Striker

vtmEhYt.jpg
They got rid of the pillars in the base (surrounding the flag and bomb spot). RIP

I wonder if they changed Froman up, or went back to its originality. Last Resort's version was awful.

m23

ntkrnl actually said it would run through December. So he was kinda wrong in that regard. Beta doesn't start till the 27 th

Although he did say it runs through December, he still got the month right as well as the fact that the beta comes with halo collection.

I'm sorry, it's just tough to believe Frankie at this point. Same guy who said nothing is happening the night before the halo 5 announcement.

dwells

I really hope there's a good console bundle coming. I want a themed console, and a good looking one at that. Ideally I'd like to see a transparent blue homage to the ultra-rare Halo 2 bundle original Xbox, but I'll settle for a white console with a nice little Halo logo in the corner.

I don't have an Xbox One yet and I'm picking one up just for this game. Friend of mine has a sealed Day One console with Kinect that he offered to me for $300 and I turned it down on the grounds that I'm holding out for a Halo bundle. I'm really hoping that decision doesn't come back to haunt me...

Neper

Neo Member
I really hope there's a good console bundle coming. I want a themed console, and a good looking one at that. Hell, I'll just take a white console.

I don't have an Xbox One yet and I'm picking one up just for this game. Friend of mine has a sealed Day One console with Kinect that he offered to me for $300 and I turned it down on the grounds that I'm holding out for a Halo bundle. I'm really hoping that decision doesn't come back to haunt me...

XOne + MCC bundle seems only logical to me. This is a collection created not only for fans, but to bring new users to the fanbase as well. Providing a console pack with it would be a very smart move for both Christmas and Black Friday. Hell, I think it would even help selling Kinect-included bundles. Although a $400 Kinect-less, Master Chief-themed pack sounds like Heaven to me.

Blueblur1

They got rid of the pillars in the base (surrounding the flag and bomb spot). RIP

I wonder if they changed Froman up, or went back to its originality. Last Resort's version was awful.

Lame. Those pillars are what made bomb planting more feasible in Zanzibar versus Last Resort. Going with the Last Resort style base is a major disappointment.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Halo 4 limited edition was announced during the Comic-con right? But I guess, MS don't want people to be waiting around for MCC limited edition console, so they didn't announced it yet. But do people actually think they will go with special Xbox One for this? Halo 5 limited edition is inevitable a year from now but I am not sure about MCC. The most we will get is Free copy of MCC thrown in the box like the Titanfall one.

Now coming to the MCC collector/limited edition copy. When was the Halo 4 collectors edition was announced? Was it before Comic-con or after? Damn it, I really want this in steelbook.

Halo 4 limited edition was announced during the Comic-con right? But I guess, MS don't want people to be waiting around for MCC limited edition console, so they didn't announced it yet. But do people actually think they will go with special Xbox One for this? Halo 5 limited edition is inevitable a year from now but I am not sure about MCC. The most we will get is Free copy of MCC thrown in the box like the Titanfall one.

Now coming to the MCC collector/limited edition copy. When was the Halo 4 collectors edition was announced? Was it before Comic-con or after? Damn it, I really want this in steelbook.

They said they aren't doing a collector's edition.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
They said they aren't doing a collector's edition.

They up front said no? I don't believe that. Why would they do this to us? :(

god damn, they are acting like they are making a game. How long does it take to UPLOAD on youtube, the Video that you recorded. Nighfall took 1 day, even that was over killed. And this is over 4 days now. If by now there is no added content. New trailer or anything, than I will be disappointed.

derFeef

god damn, they are acting like they are making a game. How long does it take to UPLOAD on youtube, the Video that you recorded. Nighfall took 1 day, even that was over killed. And this is over 4 days now. If by now there is no added content. New trailer or anything, than I will be disappointed.

They need to cut out all the gameplay :p

Really? When?

If true this is soooo stupid. I'm usually not a collectors edition guy but I would def. get one for this. This just lends itself to haveing the greatest ce of all time

They up front said no? I don't believe that. Why would they do this to us? :(
According to people who went to the panel they said they aren't doing one.
They have to edit together gameplay for it.

Sephzilla

Me three. Anyone think there's any chance we'll see a bundle priced at $399?

I'm putting fairly good odds that we'll see a MCC Bundle. I'm kind of hoping its just the system with the game. I'm not a fan of goofy color custom systems. I like my generic standard black.

Droid

I'm putting fairly good odds that we'll see a MCC Bundle. I'm kind of hoping its just the system with the game. I'm not a fan of goofy color custom systems. I like my generic standard black.

Well they did have that skinned one at SDCC and it looked okay. Chances are it'll probably be that.

fin

This thread reminded me how rad the scarabs were in Halo 3. Can't wait for H3 anniversary. Hope they bring back the scarabs for Halo 5.

This thread reminded me how rad the scarabs were in Halo 3. Can't wait for H3 anniversary. Hope they bring back the scarabs for Halo 5.

Me too, or something even more rad. Like a huge forerunner ship.

Imagine a huge scarab getting in your way and then bam, instead of the double scarab, you have something even worse completely destroy it in an instant.

No go forth and kill that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom