• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the minority, but I'm excited to replay halo 4. Framerate never felt right. In 60fps I may fall in love.

I never noticed the framerate stutter that the game supposedly has, and I thought that I was sensitive to that kind of thing.

I'm about halfway through Halo 4 on my 360 right now, and I find the campaign to be really good. I don't know much about the multiplayer side of it, as I'm more of a campaign man, but I'm enjoying it and will happily play it again on the Xbox One when it's released.

jgf

That sounds soo good. And I've never played Halo, but always wanted to. Must resists urge to buy X1 just for this collection *hnnnngh*
I probably can't hold out for much longer :)

I never noticed the framerate stutter that the game supposedly has, and I thought that I was sensitive to that kind of thing.

I'm about halfway through Halo 4 on my 360 right now, and I find the campaign to be really good. I don't know much about the multiplayer side of it, as I'm more of a campaign man, but I'm enjoying it and will happily play it again on the Xbox One when it's released.
It just never felt right for me. Wasn't fluid. After playing it for a couple hrs I got used to it, but when I first started I definitely noticed it. This was the only halo game in which I played the campaign more than the mp. Maybe I'm getting old.

dwells

I really want to know if non-anniversary Halo 2 will see either the same enhancements as the PC version or similar enhancements. Allowing for oversimplificaiton, there's two main categories of improvements: the first would be changes that don't require any new assets or changes from the original Xbox version but merely changes how they're displayed. The second would be changes that either involve using original artwork assets (assuming they were mastered in higher quality than the lower res compressed textures crammed onto the disc) or assets/code from Halo 2 Vista.

First category:
  • Maximum texture LOD at all times (featured in H2V).
  • Maximum model LOD at all times (should be doable, I don't remember if the cutscene LOD models were rigged properly and usable, but that would be nice).
  • No pop-in/other texture streaming issues (resolved in H2V, should be a gimme due to large amount of RAM and no disc streaming).
  • Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering (featured in H2V).
Second category:
  • Lighting/bloom enhancements (featured in H2V).
  • Improved bump mapping (featured in H2V).
  • Improved first-person weapon models (featured in H2V).
  • Sound effect and spatialization improvements (featured in H2V).
  • Additional dynamic shadows/lighting (featured in H2V).
  • Improved shadow resolution and normal map filtering, parallax mapping, per-pixel specular mapping (featured in H2V).
I really hope this stuff and more makes the cut. It would be a real shame if the non-anniversary visuals for Halo 2 wind up being inferior to its PC port from seven years ago.

I can't wait until tomorrow. It'll be August, so I can officially say "Halo comes out in three months" and be somewhat, sort of, technically correct in a roundabout way.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Where's the panel?!

Tonight I guess. I need my halo fix soon.

wait.gif

defghik

I really want to know if non-anniversary Halo 2 will see either the same enhancements as the PC version or similar enhancements. Allowing for oversimplificaiton, there's two main categories of improvements: the first would be changes that don't require any new assets or changes from the original Xbox version but merely changes how they're displayed. The second would be changes that either involve using original artwork assets (assuming they were mastered in higher quality than the lower res compressed textures crammed onto the disc) or assets/code from Halo 2 Vista.

First category:
  • Maximum texture LOD at all times (featured in H2V).
  • Maximum model LOD at all times (should be doable, I don't remember if the cutscene LOD models were rigged properly and usable, but that would be nice).
  • No pop-in/other texture streaming issues (resolved in H2V, should be a gimme due to large amount of RAM and no disc streaming).
  • Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering (featured in H2V).
Second category:
  • Lighting/bloom enhancements (featured in H2V).
  • Improved bump mapping (featured in H2V).
  • Improved first-person weapon models (featured in H2V).
  • Sound effect and spatialization improvements (featured in H2V).
  • Additional dynamic shadows/lighting (featured in H2V).
  • Improved shadow resolution and normal map filtering, parallax mapping, per-pixel specular mapping (featured in H2V).
I really hope this stuff and more makes the cut. It would be a real shame if the non-anniversary visuals for Halo 2 wind up being inferior to its PC port from seven years ago.
To me, the best case scenario would be if they only added these things to MP; I'd like the campaign's classic mode to be as close to the OG Xbox as possible. I think most people would disagree with me on this, though.

Covenant is the best, but The Ark is a close second. :)
Mmmhmm.

Hopefully finish me Halo 3 solo legendary run this time, if I can make it through the Cortana mission without being bored to tears or demoralized. That's where I bowed out last time and its bugged me ever since.

Neper

Neo Member
The Covenant has always been my favorite Halo 3 level. Awesome design, some of the best combat scenes in the series (huge air battle and 2 Scarabs? SOLD), and it was long as Hell, probably the biggest and longest level in the series.

Leyasu

Banned
Any news about if we can choose the datacenter for multiplayer? THIS, is the most important thing for me with this and all future halo games

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Mmmhmm.

Hopefully finish me Halo 3 solo legendary run this time, if I can make it through the Cortana mission without being bored to tears or demoralized. That's where I bowed out last time and its bugged me ever since.
I don't remember them now, but there are some strategies that make that level a lot easier. Look up some walkthroughs or something, and give it another go!

I don't remember them now, but there are some strategies that make that level a lot easier. Look up some walkthroughs or something, and give it another go!
Yeah, I think there's a way to Active Camo past most of it.

I really could have stuck with it and finished it but I honestly got bored to oblivion using all of my ammo taking out those sniper forms. It wasn't so much difficult as it was incredibly tedious. Still loved the look of that area though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I think there's a way to Active Camo past most of it.

I really could have stuck with it and finished it but I honestly got bored to oblivion using all of my ammo taking out those sniper forms. It wasn't so much difficult as it was incredibly tedious. Still loved the look of that area though.
Certain flood forms have unintuitive weaknesses, too, if I remember right. Like, the needler is really effective against one of them, or something. I can't remember and don't wanna look it up right now, lol.

i-Lo

I want to see how they have 'remastered' this segment specifically (still gives me the goosebumps w/ in-game soundtrack):

14788729802_fcbc0e2a52_o.gif

the hell does the bandana skull do?

Found it on the Gamestop site. Unlimited ammo and grenades. Sounds pretty cool...but so does the pinata skull which is Amazon exclusive.

I. Fucking. Hate. Retailer. Exclusive. Preorder. Bonuses.

Has 343 said whether these exclusive skulls will ever be available after the fact?

Found it on the Gamestop site. Unlimited ammo and grenades. Sounds pretty cool...but so does the pinata skull which is Amazon exclusive.

Has 343 said whether these exclusive skulls will ever be available after the fact?

They will. All you're getting from the retailer exclusives is early access; they'll unlock for everyone later.

IDK but I hope so, I'm buying it digitally as soon as preorders/preloads are live.

Oddly enough it's gonna be with Gamestop credits. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom