• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Apache

Banned
I'm not going to oversell it, but the "HD" version of the original MP looks pretty damned good.

Also I just saw a REALLY simple, enumerable example of the IQ increase on Guardian, H3. On the 360 version, I was looking at some moss hanging from a vine - there were four fronds of moss dangling vertically. On the Xbone version, there were nine. Same object, same viewpoint, just more detail actually appearing in the screenspace.

I don't know if I'll play another fps again other than MCC.

Halo 2 and 3 are gonna be major and amazing timesinks.

Chitown B

I'm not going to oversell it, but the "HD" version of the original MP looks pretty damned good.

Also I just saw a REALLY simple, enumerable example of the IQ increase on Guardian, H3. On the 360 version, I was looking at some moss hanging from a vine - there were four fronds of moss dangling vertically. On the Xbone version, there were nine. Same object, same viewpoint, just more detail actually appearing in the screenspace.

Wow, interesting.

Frankie, will the games take advantage of the X1's rumble triggers for firing?

Akai__

Stinkles please. Don't tease us like that. :(

Will we see any Halo 3 footage prior to launch? Please say yes. Please.
Please.

Kssio_Aug

H2A multiplayer is in a new engine, the campaign physics engine is identical to the original with a new graphics engine running on top of the original one.

Halo 3 and 4 are also getting the lighting and shading upgraded as well.

Oh, I see, I think that now I understand it. I hope they release a trailer soon compiling some gameplay scenes of all of the games at 1080p and 60fps! I'm curious to see the results!

TheOddOne

isfY1GQN6bTmd.gif
#dead.

nomis

That's starting to sound like not only a 640p->1080p benefit, but a tweak to LoD scaling as well... which is super exciting. Correct me if I'm wrong of course :)

nomis

Will the games be released individually? I keep seeing box art for each one so it just made me curious.

"No plans at this time."™

Separate physical SKUs I can't see happening in a million years. Modular digital purchases maaaaaybe... but it kind of undermines the unified vision for UI and matchmaking.

Will the games be released individually? I keep seeing box art for each one so it just made me curious.

Nope, all in one. With what they are doing to unify it all together, especially with Nightfall and Halo Channel, they will probably never, nor should they, sell them separately. Come on, it's 4 games, a miniseries, and a beta for $60! :p

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Separate physical SKUs I can't see happening in a million years. Modular digital purchases maaaaaybe... but it kind of undermines the unified vision for UI and matchmaking.

They could still do the unified UI theoretically -- it's just that the games that are not owned just wouldn't be available (although still perhaps appear in the unified UI). It's not like the UI mixes games, it's just makes all games really accessible (besides campaign order but that seems like an easy enough workaround).

I'm not saying that they should sell them separately though. I actually hope they don't. I'm just saying it could technically be possible.
I hope they keep the UI for future Halo additions which may or may not be the real reason I'm mentioning this.

defghik

Does the original H2 MP use the same assets as the OG Xbox version, or are you guys using the higher quality assets from the Vista version?

Caja 117

Can someone just confirm that the Game is coming with the original Halo 2 MP with Hd treatment and Halo 2 Anniversary MP with updated graphics are not the same, There is some people confused with this and think that Halo2 will only be what has been shown so far.

A response from Frankie would be awesome.

I believe so, that was a Halo 5 MP Beta First Look. So I would imagine everything shown in the ViDoc is going to be in the Beta.

I think the only thing we know for sure is that there will be seven maps in the beta. That being said, it's safe to assume that midship and the other map will be two of those seven maps since we saw them in the reveal trailer.
Ahh very nice. So pumped.

Now i've said this before in the halogaf thread.

"I dont believe Midship remastered will be in H2A, b'cuz its layout and size."

Turns out I was right. Now with this in mind.. H5 Midship looks considerably bigger. I believe that, aside from Spartan abilities & either default Sprint or Thruster pack, some if not all of H5 maps will include its own unique dynamic feature(s). Probably effecting the gravity lifts or the floating platform maybe.

antigoon

Can someone just confirm that the Game is coming with the original Halo 2 MP with Hd treatment and apart from this a Halo 2 Anniversary MP with updated graphics, There is some people confused with this and think that Halo2 will only be what has been shown so far.

A response from Frankie would be awesome.

?

This has been confirmed for ages.

Wait now I'm confused.... Are the 6 maps remasters or reimaginings? Is every map included with Halo 2 that are not one of the 6 remastered maps going to feature the old graphics?

What about halo Ce? Will we get the original remastered maps from the xbox 360 version and then the rest in the original state?

That's what I thought all along but some of the questions and answers here are making me second guess that...

Ape

Banned
I hate the wait for this game and a couple others.

:'(

Why couldn't you guys have started development a few months earlier god damn it

belushy

Banned
Wait now I'm confused.... Are the 6 maps remasters or reimaginings? Is every map included with Halo 2 that are not one of the 6 remastered maps going to feature the old graphics?

What about halo Ce? Will we get the original remastered maps from the xbox 360 version and then the rest in the original state?

That's what I thought all along but some of the questions and answers here are making me second guess that...

Halo 2 Anniversary runs on a separate engine so the 6 remade maps are made specifically for that engine.

The original Halo 2 multiplayer, with ever single map from all DLC(including the maps that are getting remastered for H2A), is also included in the collection.

Halo 1 Anniversary maps are not included in this collection because it was Halo Reach Multiplayer Map Pack.

EvB

from what I gather every map ever made for Halo 1-4 is in the game, unaltered, in their original form.

Then there are the 6 remasters.

darthbob

I hate the wait for this game and a couple others.

:'(

Why couldn't you guys have started development a few months earlier god damn it

Blame early 2000s era Microsoft for pushing Bungie to release Halo 2 in November 2004, which influenced the release date of Master Chief Collection a decade later.

Akai__

Read the OP people! That way, you won't be confused about these things.

Seriously, this is called Master Thread for a reason, allthough the OP could use some updates.

from what I gather every map ever made for Halo 1-4 is in the game, unaltered, in their original form.

Then there are the 6 remasters.

With the exception, that the maps will be rendered in 1080p. According to Stinkles, it makes a nice difference. :p

Read the OP people! That way, you won't be confused about these things.

Seriously, this is called Master Thread for a reason, allthough the OP could use some updates.

The infographic was updated two days ago (the one a few posts above is outdated). It's only screenshots I haven't posted yet.

I would really like to see the atmosphere of ODST remastered.

Another stealth noir Halo would be awesome. Next gen lighting with weather would be amazing.
Hoping my buddy can get a One someone soon.
Got him to play ODST, Reach and 4. But his arcade couldn't play 3 and he never picked up Annie.

We had a stealth Halo? ODST wasnt to stealthy IMO.

singhr1

Halo on Twitch streaming some 2 v 2 with
GHO57AYAME and KILLER V vs. NEIGHBOR and DERSKY

twitch.tv/halo

60 FPS gameplay with some pros, amazing.

Akai__

The twitch Halo channel could use some work. Like get rid of that stupid Facebook restriction, which is hindering people to chat. And while you are at it, get rid of the overly aggressive mods and tweak the bot a little. Sad to see, that even normal opinions are getting timed out or banned...

The infographic was updated two days ago (the one a few posts above is outdated). It's only screenshots I haven't posted yet.

My bad. I was looking at it for a second and haven't noticed anything. Sorry. <3

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That stream was pretty great. Anyone want to make a thread for the tournament on Sunday? I think that'd be cool.

KevinG

I definitely can't watch 60 fps streams. Motion sickness hits me pretty hard. I've never experienced it when I play, but not being in control is what makes videos impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom