• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvB

It's WIP but I'm surprised you didn't find it crisp. What was the TV sitch?

42inch+ TVs and about 2 feet of controller cable. That may be the culprit. I kept missing the weapon pickup prompt as I had to physically move my head to even bring it into my peripheral vision.
That was mostly the case across the show some games looked noticeably better than others. Fable and Forza looked incredible , but then Far Cry on the Ubi stand must have had sharpness turned up to 11, it looked revolting.

I wasn't particularly aware of any additional responsiveness that I would have expected 60fps to bring either, have you tweaked things to ensure they feel the same or again could some TV processing shenanigans be responsible?

Generally the setups are pretty poor at these types of things, I was at one last year and all the Sony TVs in the PS4 stand had motion interpolation turned on.

The Flash

Banned
I've been thinking about how awesome it's going to be to play the campaign again with the retouched graphics and the Blur cinematics. Ahhhhh... ♫ Memories ♫

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
ibt91GhmIa3A2Z.gif

damn those particles. Looks so good

EvB

I'm looking for new friends to play Halo with.

I should have stayed in the main demo queue where it was not semi pro people, against those people I was the destroyer.
I even got given a card for being awesome!

I'll post it along with the awesome Pop art MC Tshirt I got at the aftershow.

jem0208

So good, love the particle effects.

Hate the kill feed and god awful medals.

Medals used to be fun/exciting/rewarding to get... do we really need medals for "rocket kills" now? No shit you got a rocket kill you have the rocket launcher!

Getting the good medals is just as exciting.

Getting a killing frenzy or a spree etc. is just as good as before. It wasn't the medal that made the achievement exciting.

I don't mind the extra medals, just a prettier way of showing how the match went.

jacobeid

Banned
Man, I was hoping that I wouldn't end up buying a second online subscription when I bought my XB1, but playing Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and this won't seem right without respectiveGAF.

Guess I'm looking for 1 year deals now :p

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So good, love the particle effects.

Hate the kill feed and god awful medals.

Medals used to be fun/exciting/rewarding to get... do we really need medals for "rocket kills" now? No shit you got a rocket kill you have the rocket launcher!

You are just looking at from hardcore halo fan's perspective. Developers are probably also thinking about casual players as well, and things like this makes them excited and find it rewarding.

I don't really mind though. It looks good to me.

JackHerer

This wouldn't have happened if there was a sword in ring 1. :p

Yup. If he had sword instead the player would probably be crouching right inside the doorway to ring two, waiting for red team to stroll by. I don't mind rockets being there instead of the sword. It makes controlling ring even more important and will be good for standoffs.

Nerfing the smg plasma dual weld seems weird, one is a shield stripping tool with travel time and the other (used to be) a weak up close weapon, I hope the combo is still better then one guy just spraying a single smg while running in for a melee takedown.

H2A pistol start? i'm guessing the H2A pistol is based on the weaker but more bullets version from halo 2, right? not the pocket DMR from other games.

Don't think I said this before but I really like the waterfall effect you can trigger, in my honest opinion having visual blocking stuff like this is a good feature for halo, just leave out damaging platforms like halo 4 had for it's dlc map. Keep them simple and don't harm the player with them.

I was excited by some of the gameplay and videos I saw, but now I'm a bit hesitant and not sure how I feel.

I thought H2 was getting a full remaster while maintaining identical gameplay. Now it sounds like it's just 6 maps and an engine that made far too many changes for my taste.

So if I want to play the H2 MP I love all I get is 1080p/60fps? Is that correct? That's a bit disappointing.

I was excited by some of the gameplay and videos I saw, but now I'm a bit hesitant and not sure how I feel.

I thought H2 was getting a full remaster while maintaining identical gameplay. Now it sounds like it's just 6 maps and an engine that made far too many changes for my taste.

So if I want to play the H2 MP I love all I get is 1080p/60fps? Is that correct? That's a bit disappointing.

Halo 2 MP is there just as it was on the xbox but in 1080/60, this 6 map H2A MP is a bonus on the side, both separate of each other.

Bsigg12

Read the OP

Halo 2 MP is there just as it was on the xbox but in 1080/60, this 6 map H2A MP is a bonus on the side, both separate of each other.

I understand that. I'm just a bit disappointed. I was under the impression that H2 MP was getting full treatment, not just a bonus side thing.

My fault for not understanding correctly. Just a bit saddened.

Rockyrock

How is getting original H2 gameplay running at 1080p/60fps with ranks on XBL disappointing?

Leyasu

Banned
Yep, waiting on that sort of feature confirmation still. Some rumour news from the IT world is MS/Azure are looking like opening Melbourne and Sydney datacentres in October 2014. Just in time for MCC :)

You know what, after reading about the universal ranking system, I'm not getting my hopes up for an on-line set-up like titanfalls...

I now think that in order to keep the playlists healthy, and to matchmake by rank, it will be everyone on the same datacenter (in the US somewhere)! And the middle finger to everyone from around the world..

Please tell me that I am wrong stinkles!!!!

How is getting original H2 gameplay running at 1080p/60fps with ranks on XBL disappointing?

As I said, I hadn't been following this as closely as some and I was just under the impression that some of the screenshots and updated gameplay I saw was representative of all of H2 MP.

Again, my fault for not doing the research (and I did read the OP, which is how I realized my mistake). I was just voicing my impressions.

Not the end of the world, just not as magical as I thought. :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Any words on 4 player splitscreen local custom matches?? Will the graphics and fps take a hit??
There's been no confirmation of split screen at all. It, Forge, and Theater Mode are the big feature set question marks right now.

Oh, wait, so H2A has upgraded graphics but the multiplayer portions of all of the other games are just straight ports in 60fps? I thought every game was getting graphically overhauled from top to bottom. I guess I should have realised how much work that would be and figured it out already but now I'm a bit bummed... :/

Kssio_Aug

Oh, wait, so H2A has upgraded graphics but the multiplayer portions of all of the other games are just straight ports in 60fps? I thought every game was getting graphically overhauled from top to bottom. I guess I should have realised how much work that would be and figured it out already but now I'm a bit bummed... :/

Halo 1 and 2 are getting remastered treatment. Halo 3 and 4 will only get upgraded to 1080p and 60fps.

One tiny little bug bear with Halo 3: there's a bug where the announcer is disabled when watching a video after rewinding. Hopefully that can be ironed out for its MCC incarnation. Also, will we be able to watch theatre clips partied together as in the original H3 I wonder?

Vinc

Halo 1 and 2 are getting remastered treatment. Halo 3 and 4 will only get upgraded to 1080p and 60fps.

Well, technically Halo 1 is not getting an XBOX ONE remastered treatment, just a straight (1080p/60fps) port of Halo CE Anniversary from the Xbox 360... unless I'm wrong?

Kssio_Aug

Well, technically Halo 1 is not getting an XBOX ONE remastered treatment, just a straight (1080p/60fps) port of Halo CE Anniversary from the Xbox 360... unless I'm wrong?

Yeah, sorry, youre right. So only Halo 2 campaing and 6 maps will get remastered with the new engine?

Muffdraul

Pretty sure that's right. I'm hoping they at least upgrade Halo 1 A's sound specs to match what they did with Halo 2 A, i.e. original sound/music when the original graphics are active.

m23

There's been no confirmation of split screen at all. It, Forge, and Theater Mode are the big feature set question marks right now.

I think Frankie confirmed forge and theatre mode will be in the games that supported them previously. Not sure about h2a though.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
My GT is the same as my GAF name. Melbourne based and a good bunch of regular guys'n'gals who play a lot of Halo and soon Destiny too (beta was good stuff). You're welcome to hit me up now or when MCC drops to play.

Cool Cool, will add you for sure.

Count me in when you start the AusHaloGAF thread too, Waikato representing and such.

blamite

Yeah, sorry, youre right. So only Halo 2 campaing and 6 maps will get remastered with the new engine?

H2A multiplayer is in a new engine, the campaign physics engine is identical to the original with a new graphics engine running on top of the original one.

Anniversary lacked the originals multiplayer. It would be extremely disappointing to not have it again.

When will achievements leak out?

The game isn't even gold yet. Unless they try to be unbelievably secretive with it, I'd say no sooner than two weeks out.

Anniversary lacked the originals multiplayer. It would be extremely disappointing to not have it again.

What he's saying is the graphics won't be redone for CE. The graphics for campaign will look like the Xbox 360 version. MP will be original graphics running at 1080p/60fps, with every map including PC.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
42inch+ TVs and about 2 feet of controller cable. That may be the culprit. I kept missing the weapon pickup prompt as I had to physically move my head to even bring it into my peripheral vision.
That was mostly the case across the show some games looked noticeably better than others. Fable and Forza looked incredible , but then Far Cry on the Ubi stand must have had sharpness turned up to 11, it looked revolting.

I wasn't particularly aware of any additional responsiveness that I would have expected 60fps to bring either, have you tweaked things to ensure they feel the same or again could some TV processing shenanigans be responsible?

Generally the setups are pretty poor at these types of things, I was at one last year and all the Sony TVs in the PS4 stand had motion interpolation turned on.

It's always something. TVs are kind of an unknown variable for these things. You can calibrate everything the night before, get it all looking perfect, then next day, something reset and you have factory defaults on half and half-calibrated results on the other. I will say that 60fps native 1080p footage I've seen IS representative. So if you watch that and still don't like it, then you're at least making a fair assessment based on your own eyes.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I understand that. I'm just a bit disappointed. I was under the impression that H2 MP was getting full treatment, not just a bonus side thing.

My fault for not understanding correctly. Just a bit saddened.

I'm not going to oversell it, but the "HD" version of the original MP looks pretty damned good.

Also I just saw a REALLY simple, enumerable example of the IQ increase on Guardian, H3. On the 360 version, I was looking at some moss hanging from a vine - there were four fronds of moss dangling vertically. On the Xbone version, there were nine. Same object, same viewpoint, just more detail actually appearing in the screenspace.

Dub117

I'm not going to oversell it, but the "HD" version of the original MP looks pretty damned good.

Also I just saw a REALLY simple, enumerable example of the IQ increase on Guardian, H3. On the 360 version, I was looking at some moss hanging from a vine - there were four fronds of moss dangling vertically. On the Xbone version, there were nine. Same object, same viewpoint, just more detail actually appearing in the screenspace.
Hell yes, H3 is going to be spectacular

Halo 3 and 4 are also getting the lighting and shading upgraded as well.

Sounds fantastic, cannot wait to see Halo 3 and 4 at 1080p60 :).

malfcn

I would really like to see the atmosphere of ODST remastered.

Another stealth noir Halo would be awesome. Next gen lighting with weather would be amazing.
Hoping my buddy can get a One someone soon.
Got him to play ODST, Reach and 4. But his arcade couldn't play 3 and he never picked up Annie.

Did they say that Midship in Halo 5 will be a playable map for the beta along with the other unannounced map in the trailer?

I think the only thing we know for sure is that there will be seven maps in the beta. That being said, it's safe to assume that midship and the other map will be two of those seven maps since we saw them in the reveal trailer.

Wizman23

Banned
It's always something. TVs are kind of an unknown variable for these things. You can calibrate everything the night before, get it all looking perfect, then next day, something reset and you have factory defaults on half and half-calibrated results on the other. I will say that 60fps native 1080p footage I've seen IS representative. So if you watch that and still don't like it, then you're at least making a fair assessment based on your own eyes.

Those videos posted the other day, the 60 FPS Delta Halo and Sanctuary B-Roll were the most "Next Gen" thing I have seen yet. Absolutely blown away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom