• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothpick

I've just realized this game is going to re ignite the Halo fanbase. So much value in one $60 game. I'm buying the Xbox One for this and i bet there are more like me

$59.99 O__O

EvB

My teammates from 3 Brits and Bratwurst, I feel stupid that I didn't get your gamertags!

If anyone knows a Steve and Marie (Maria?) who went to gamescom, let me know!

Daria

I'm sure this has been confirmed or talked about but, there'll be playlists for each individual game, right? Like, I just want to play H3 MLG playlist so that'll be an option without having the choice of a H1/CTF, H4/TS, etc.

IIRC there'll be an unified playlist so I know that much.

ibt91GhmIa3A2Z.gif

The rocket ammunition images on the HUD are bugging me. Like, the little blue rockets just below the numerical ammo counter. I think it's because they're using negative space to add texture (in this case the three horizontal lines near the back separating the shaft and finned ends, and the three squares / negative spaces up near the front of the rocket) and as a result the rocket icons look a little "empty" from any distance beyond playing-level.

pacman85

I'm sure this has been confirmed or talked about but, there'll be playlists for each individual game, right? Like, I just want to play H3 MLG playlist so that'll be an option without having the choice of a H1/CTF, H4/TS, etc.

IIRC there'll be an unified playlist so I know that much.
The newest video/screenshot I have seen showed some universal playlists and one per game. Like it had Team Slayer and Big Team Battle which features maps from all 4 games and then had a generic Halo 1 playlist, Halo 2 playlist, etc.

There was an amazing map for CTF in H2 or H3 which was symmetrical, indoor, both bases were opposite each other with a lower area below... To get to the other base you had to either go down and up a ramp on the other side or walk all the way around the top where there were often battles in a hall way near a spawning beam rifle at the top of a grav lift (from memory).

With good team work you could throw the flag up to someone on the higher level as a shortcut... It's a brilliant map, fingers crossed it gets the makeover.
Sorry, I'm reliving some memories here.

We finally get proper halo MP back, it peaked with H2 and H3 in my opinion, the "equipment" in halo 3 was waaaay better than armour abilities.
That 60fps sanctuary footage is the most excited I've been after watching a gaming vid in at least 5 years

There was an amazing map for CTF in H2 or H3 which was symmetrical, indoor, both bases were opposite each other with a lower area below... To get to the other base you had to either go down and up a ramp on the other side or walk all the way around the top where there were often battles in a hall way near a spawning beam rifle at the top of a grav lift (from memory).

With good team work you could throw the flag up to someone on the higher level as a shortcut... It's a brilliant map, fingers crossed it gets the makeover.
Sorry, I'm reliving some memories here.

We finally get proper halo MP back, it peaked with H2 and H3 in my opinion, the "equipment" in halo 3 was waaaay better than armour abilities.
That 60fps sanctuary footage is the most excited I've been after watching a gaming vid in at least 5 years

sounds like colossus

feel

Have they talked in detail about Halo 1 multiplayer? Will it be 16:9? What HUD and sound effects? Original or the shit CEA ones to match the campaign.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Have they talked in detail about Halo 1 multiplayer? Will it be 16:9? What HUD and sound effects? Original or the shit CEA ones to match the campaign.

I'd have answered you if you'd been able to keep an insult out of the question. I'm holding firm to halfway decent manners.

Stinkles

Glad I'm not the only one to go a little "ugh" on the 60fps stream.

Me too. It doesn't happen when I play but the "intent-lag" (I am not controlling the character /camera) makes me woozy after a while watching others play.

I'd have answered you if you'd been able to keep an insult out of the question. I'm holding firm to halfway decent manners.

I definitely can't watch 60 fps streams. Motion sickness hits me pretty hard. I've never experienced it when I play, but not being in control is what makes videos impossible.

I have issues at times that's for sure. But it's like being the passenger of a car that drives all over the place; when you're in control it's less of an issue.

H3xum

Aherm. Mr. Stinkles. Can you please tell me how the Halo 1 MP will be handled? Will it feature the o.g. engine/graphics. Namely, can I be a savage again with the pistol? 3 shotting fools. Or, will it kick back to the anniversary engine where it's more or less H3?

Thank you kindly.

Kindly

Stinkles

Aherm. Mr. Stinkles. Can you please tell me how the Halo 1 MP will be handled? Will it feature the o.g. engine/graphics. Namely, can I be a savage again with the pistol? 3 shotting fools. Or, will it kick back to the anniversary engine where it's more or less H3?

Thank you kindly.

Kindly

Halo CE will use original sound effects in mp.

Fracas

#fuckonami
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つHalo 3༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

fake edit: really, where is it

__
  _/314\_
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ                  

H3xum

Halo CE will use original sound effects in mp.

Danke shoen.

So, any insight on the engine? On a scale of 1-10, if I pick up my XBO controller and start playing the o.g. Halo MP, how much will the gameplay feel like I've been transported to my buddies parents basement system linking?

Stinkles

Danke shoen.

So, any insight on the engine? On a scale of 1-10, if I pick up my XBO controller and start playing the o.g. Halo MP, how much will the gameplay feel like I've been transported to my buddies parents basement system linking?

"feels like halo"

darthbob

What stream?

I'm assuming this one.

Decent gameplay, although I'd like to hear the players talking just to see how callouts are being utilized.

I'm also in the camp that feels a little woozy after watching this 60FPS gameplay on Twitch. Weird how it doesn't affect me with a direct feed though.

Kibbles

Given the sheer amount of content and additional effort that is going into this, coupled with how confusing what all that is for your average consumer, I'm genuinely curious how this game is going to be marketed. Seems like a very difficult product to advertise without selling it short.
I have to explain it to my friends quite a bit so yeah this'll be interesting.

reddish

Neo Member
Given the sheer amount of content and additional effort that is going into this, coupled with how confusing what all that is for your average consumer, I'm genuinely curious how this game is going to be marketed. Seems like a very difficult product to advertise without selling it short.

It's pretty amazing that saying that "IT'S EVERY MAINLINE HALO 1080p 60FPS DEDICATED SERVERS EVERY MAP EVERY GAMETYPE EVERY CAMPAIGN ALL FUNCTIONALITY RETAINED AND A FULL-SCALE HALO 2 REMAKE AND HALO 2 MULTIPLAYER BONUS SUITE" is still potentially underselling it.

There's a lot of talk about AA in Reach and Halo 4 but how did people feel about the various equipment in Halo 3? Was it generally well-received? Do people like them?

Looking back now, I thought they were a great addition.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to channel my inner other forum guy here who was unnecessarily blunt.

Pressures on: Feels like halo is too ambiguous as the game changed from game to game. Feels like whattttt Halo?
I'm confused. You're asking about Halo 1, right? Why wouldn't Halo 1 multiplayer feel like Halo 1 multiplayer?

There's a lot of talk about AA in Reach and Halo 4 but how did people feel about the various equipment in Halo 3? Was it generally well-received? Do people like them?

They were on map pickups, you still had to fight for map control/ get to them to use them.
Reach and 4s AA could be used anywhere and anytime, it felt cheap when a guy could camo in a corner all game.

Shredderi

Gotta say that I'm impressed with the level of graphical improvement shown compared to originals. Would buy day one if I had the console for it.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I definitely can't watch 60 fps streams. Motion sickness hits me pretty hard. I've never experienced it when I play, but not being in control is what makes videos impossible.

Someone with my own first name and last initial gets motion sickness from a high framerate? Disgraceful!

Glad I'm not the only one to go a little "ugh" on the 60fps stream.

Me too. It doesn't happen when I play but the "intent-lag" (I am not controlling the character /camera) makes me woozy after a while watching others play.

I didn't even know this was a real thing. The 60 fps upgrade makes my thirst for this game so intense.

nomis

That was Halo Reach modified to mimic Halo 1. In the MCC we're getting the actual Halo 1 multiplayer.

If you're talking about MM, that was Reach MM, not Halo 1, so I don't see what the deal is. Its Halo 1 multiplayer on Xbox Live.

I think he's trying to say that H1CEA single player didn't quite "feel right" so he's wondering if non-remastered multiplayer will be the same way.

beercr8te

Banned
I can't wait, I had to download halo 1 for my xbox 360 to get a taste along with a dose of halo 3, november can't come quick enough. Halo master chief collection pre ordered months ago for the one, this wait is killing me. I have halo 2 but can't play it on 360. aarrghh its too much.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

Loved em. Wouldn't mind seeing them in 5.

Stinkles, Halo 3 pls.

H3xum

That was Halo Reach modified to mimic Halo 1. In the MCC we're getting the actual Halo 1 multiplayer.

If you're talking about MM, that was Reach MM, not Halo 1, so I don't see what the deal is. Its Halo 1 multiplayer on Xbox Live.

I just want to be reassured until the day it launches because the game was that significant to me and my friends, as silly as that sounds. One friend and I lost in the midwest finals of 2 separate early MLG 2v2 Halo tourneys to a few young punks who had to have their mother with them to pay the fee to participate in the tournys. I thought Ogre and Ogre 1 were such stupid names.

I think he's trying to say that H1CEA single player didn't quite "feel right" so he's wondering if non-remastered multiplayer will be the same way.

yessir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom