• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:MCC HCS Cup cancelled because of joinability issues..

It's such a shame, before this patch it was running super well.

At least they got working ranks in there finally, now they just need to revert these party/inviting issues.

Wow, it's almost as if you have no idea what you're talking about. The irony.

Well I tried the game a few times since launch, each time waiting for 15-20 mins and never finding a single game so I have anecdotal experience to base it on, sorry I can't be there in person to watch it work for other people like you magically can. Are you telling me the time I wasted trying to play a broken game didn't happen? Get off your high horse and go apologize some more for them, maybe if you white knight enough you'll get hired by them.

Yeah it's without a doubt a shame.

It's the only reason Halo 5 isn't a day one buy for me. Will wait and see if everything it's working properly.

Hubble

Seriously, Halo 5's story and MP are going to be incredible. 343i is finally doing good work... if only they could fix the MCC and maybe add in Reach as well for free, they could garner some good will again.

Finally doing good work? Wat.

It is beyond frustrating 343 cannot nail the design of Halo. There are many red flags playing the Halo 5 beta indicating they do not understand the franchise, and more astounding is how they are bull horned with the series without implementing the feedback received from Halo 4. After Halo 4, Halo fans were up in arms with loud and clear feedback on Halo Waypoint, the MLG forums, with concerns such as no sprint, and much more, and crazy enough before the game was even announced, MANY were already discussing here and everywhere else that 343 need not to include sprint, or ADS. It was common for discussion to say, "I hope 343 does not include ADS in Halo 5 and try to be like Call of Duty" or "After Halo 4, 343 definitely has learned and no way there including sprint. They have to make a Halo game for Halo fans now." It is a bit telling people were already uneasy on how 343 is handling Halo 5 compared to other developers and franchises after the abomination of Halo 4 multiplayer. And yet, what the fuck happened? They ignored the Halo fanbase, and I know many who just don't care no more for Halo because of this.

For Halo 5 multiplayer, there are a ton of scratching my head moments of things that felt awkward and anti-Halo that I and many people would not have any inkling to say '343 is is finally doing good work'. No way. Quite the contrary, they are diluting Halo to make it like everything else and are clearly dumbing its famed multiplayer down.

*Sprint in Halo. Many feel that sprint does not belong in Halo
*343 design is bad. The maps are god damn awful in the Halo 5 beta. Ok, it is a beta we did not play all the maps but I am talking about DESIGN. They are clearly designed around sprint and clamber. Just look at top mid of Truth for a laugh at how long the damn runway is or the clambering points everywhere to climb up of rather than the artistic maps of Halo 1 - 3. The maps revolve around sprint and clamber.
*Back smack animation assassinations. Like what the fuck? This is anti-Halo. In Halo multiplayer, you are often sneaky and try to get behind your opponent whether its throwing a frag from behind before shooting to not reveal your position or a regular assassination for a quick kill to strengthen your position flanking the opposing team. This back smack animation assassination does not strengthen your position and gets you killed. It is utterly pointless and its only intention is to look cool, although it actually looks cheesy. This feels ridiculously out of place.
*Weapon announcements for the dropping of power weapons. Again, feels really out of place for a Halo game where the timing of power weapons by your team often separates a good team against a bad team.
*No skill jumping. Play H2A and look at some of the important jumps. From Ring 2 to Ring 3 on Shrine, or on Lockout from top middle to BR3. There is none of this in Halo 5.
*Call of Duty Auto SMG death machines are in. The battle between a BR, a far more skilled weapon is too close against the SMG, a newb friendly weapon. Again, anti-Halo.
*The Halo 1 - 50 system is loved. What the fuck are they doing? The emblems and colors of this new ranking system is not simple enough. I know a lot of people who didn't even bother to explain their ranks from not understanding it

343 when designing Halo, need to ask themselves first what makes Halo instead of what can we do to make Halo more easier.

Fox Mulder

Wow. What a game, MCC is an insult to the Halo franchise.

MS is what's insulting. The MCC itself is great for the Halo franchise and a great way to relive the games or even expose them to a new generation of players.

MS just didnt give a shit and had to know they were shipping it broken. They had to push console sales for the struggling xb1 in the vital holiday period. All they got was a fucked up game, pissed off fans, and the ps4 is still outselling the shit out of them.

Finally doing good work? Wat.

It is beyond frustrating 343 cannot nail the design of Halo. There are many red flags playing the Halo 5 beta indicating they do not understand the franchise, and more astounding is how they are bull horned with the franchise without implementing the feedback received from Halo 4. After Halo 4, Halo fans were up in arms with loud and clear feedback on Halo Waypoint, the MLG forums, with concerns such as no sprint, and much more, and crazy enough before the game was even announced, MANY were already discussing here and everywhere else that 343 need not to include sprint, or ADS. It was common for discussion to say, "I hope 343 does not include ADS in Halo 5 and try to be like Call of Duty" or "After Halo 4, 343 definitely has learned and no way there including sprint. They have to make a Halo game for Halo fans now." It is a bit telling people were already uneasy on how 343 is handling Halo 5 compared to other developers and franchises after the abomination of Halo 4 multiplayer. And yet, what the fuck happened? They ignored the Halo fanbase.

For Halo 5 multiplayer, there are a ton of scratching my head moments of things that felt awkward and anti-Halo that I and many people would not have any inkling to say '343 is is finally doing good work'. No way. Quite the contrary, they are diluting Halo to make it like everything else and are clearly dumbing its famed multiplayer down.

*343 design is bad. The maps are god damn awful in the Halo 5 beta. Ok, it is a beta we did not play all the maps but I am talking about DESIGN. They are clearly designed around sprint and clamber. Just look at top mid of Truth for a laugh at how long the damn runway is or the clambering points everywhere to climb up of rather than the artistic maps of Halo 1 - 3. The maps revolve around sprint and clamber.
*Back smack animation assassinations. Like what the fuck? This is anti-Halo. In Halo multiplayer, you are often sneaky and try to get behind your opponent whether its throwing a frag from behind before shooting to not reveal your position or a regular assassination for a quick kill to strengthen your position flanking the opposing team. This back smack animation assassination does not strengthen your position and gets you killed. It is utterly pointless and its only intention is to look cool, although it actually looks cheesy. This feels ridiculously out of place.
*Weapon announcements for the dropping of power weapons. Again, feels really out of place for a Halo game where the timing of power weapons by your team often separates a good team against a bad team.
*No skill jumping. Play H2A and look at some of the important jumps. From Ring 2 to Ring 3 on Shrine, or on Lockout from top middle to BR3. There is none of this in Halo 5.
*Call of Duty Auto SMG death machines are in. The battle between a BR, a far more skilled weapon is too close against the SMG, a newb friendly weapon. Again, anti-Halo.
*The Halo 1 - 50 system is loved. What the fuck are they doing? The emblems and colors of this new ranking system is not simple enough. I know a lot of people who didn't even bother to explain their ranks from not understanding it

343 when designing Halo, need to ask themselves first what makes Halo instead of what can we do to make Halo more easier.

You sure you played the Halo 5 beta? because a lot of what you said is out right wrong, clearly you didn't watch a lot of the pro players on the beta, and did not see the final points after the beta end by 343. So I'll reply to each point one by one.

As much as you don't like sprint, don't try and force this idea that "many" do not want sprint, as made evident by 343 "The results from the HCFP surveys showed that nearly 11% of HCFP participants felt that Halo should not have sprint.".

No skill jumping. Play H2A and look at some of the important jumps. From Ring 2 to Ring 3 on Shrine, or on Lockout from top middle to BR3. There is none of this in Halo 5.

You are BEYOND factually incorrect here, there have been a few notable skill jumps as made clear by a few pro players if you watched them play, such as on Truth, you can jump from spawn all the way to the mid platform using a very difficult sprint, jump, attempt ground pound, cancel around, clamber combo. Here are the specific videos of these new skill jumps demonstrated in Halo 5 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eodZ4AjEx38&spfreload=10 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7vr6hr3JI ).

Also as seen in the Halowaypoint post H5 beta article, "Modify Ground Pound controls to prevent conflicts w/ crouch jumping". Clearly showing that crouch jumping is still an alive function.

Although I do agree the strength of these automatic weapons are a bit too much, especially in mid range (primary due to the smart-link benefit/ ADS). Again if you bothered reading the 343 post "Reduce bonuses for automatic weapons in Smart-Link & w/ headshots". Honestly I like the direction of auto weapons actually being a worthwhile choice.

Also it's still clear in many H5 beta matches with pro players BR is still king.

You are not even giving a logical argument to why the new rankings is not good. "Not simple enough", what exactly does this mean. There are different ranks/leagues you are placed in after 10 matches within the game mode, then you are rated after each game with a number to represent how far away you are from the next league.

This is a clear, effective and frankly the best way of ranking so far. It's working with HIGHLY competitive games everywhere (SC2, League of Legends etc...). Only issue was ranks barely worked in the beta.

Please do consider watching Flameswords "Road to Halo 5 Beta Pro Ranks" on youtube.

Hubble

As much as you don't like sprint, don't try and force this idea that "many" do not want sprint, as made evident by 343 "The results from the HCFP surveys showed that nearly 11% of HCFP participants felt that Halo should not have sprint.

A selected survey is not even proper research methodology when conducting a survey. You'll learn more of this when taking a statistics and survey methodology class (no, this is not a jab at you), but just in general.

There have been a few notable skill jumps as made clear by a few pro players if you watched them play, such as on Truth, you can jump from spawn all the way to the mid platform using a very difficult sprint, jump, attempt ground pound, cancel around, clamber combo. Here are the specific videos of these new skill jumps demonstrated in Halo 5 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eodZ4AjEx38&spfreload=10 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7vr6hr3JI ).

Come on. Skill jumping exists, but that does not mean it has as much of an impact on the game. With clambering, skill jumping is nearly not as prevalent as Halo 1 - 3 in affecting the outcome. You're right. Skill jumping is in, which is clamber. You can clamber to nearly every advantageous spot on the map in the Halo 5 beta, where this would not have been the case in Halo 1 - 3. My point stands and it has led to less quality Halo maps.

You are not even giving a logical argument to why the new rankings is not good. "Not simple enough", what exactly does this mean. There are different ranks/leagues you are placed in after 10 matches within the game mode, then you are rated after each game with a number to represent how far away you are from the next league.

We'll disagree on the ranking system. I gave a logical argument already. It is not simple to be understood by everyone, which has caused a lot of people to be put off by it, and love the simplicity of the 1-50. The 1- 50 system was beloved and became such a hit that it turned into a status symbol. It was common to ask, "Do you have a 50?" "What are your 50's in?". I do not think the Halo 5 ranking system was as popular as the 1 - 50 system and surely will not achieve the commonality of the 1 - 50 system. I do like how you are placed, so perhaps they can change some things about it. Everyone wanted a 50. Does everyone want a Ultra Diamond Tier 3?

Although I do agree the strength of these automatic weapons are a bit too much. Also it's still clear in many H5 beta matches with pro players BR is still king

I am glad you agree on the strength of automatic weapons.. But I am talking strictly in terms of 1 on 1 battles and not with pros. The difference between a SMG and a BR with two great players is far too close. It is sad you need the teamwork of pros to negate it.

hawk2025

You know, we really need to parse out the actual information here.

Yes, this is one of ten cups and lan events. Yes, only one has been cancelled, and that's important information.

But, is it the FIRST one running, with 9 more to follow? Or were there 9 successful cup events and one that was cancelled?

The difference is relevant and important, but people seem to be digging their heels in the sand on either side to paint the issue as better or worse, and it's frankly becoming hard to parse out what the ACTUAL information is here.

Annoying, to say the least.

JaggedSac

Halo is a lot of different things to a lot of people. I for one like sprint and the new mobility options and I've played an assload of all the Halos except 4. Feel free to look up JaggedSac for history on all the different games. Bear in mind I got out of college around the release of Reach so my playtime nosedives from there.

I agree about 1 - 50 ranks, but whatever, the new thing will be fine too. Only map I had issue with was the forge made one. It was hot garbage.

Halo 5 controlled like sex. Loved it.

A selected survey is not even proper research methodology when conducting a survey. You'll learn more of this when taking a statistics and survey methodology class (no, this is not a jab at you), but just in general.

I am aware that this is a certain survey, with a certain audience surveyed... But you are not providing any statistic yourself. So obviously there is a higher level of credibility to the statistic I provided than your generalisation of "many believe sprint should not be in halo". Many what as well?

Come on. Skill jumping exists, but that does not mean it has as much of an impact on the game. With clambering, skill jumping is nearly not as prevalent as Halo 1 - 3 in affecting the outcome. My point stands. You are allowed to skill jump i.e., clamber to nearly every advantageous spot on the map in the Halo 5 beta, where this would not have been the case in Halo 1 - 3.

Why exactly do you disagree with the skill jumps I show'd? The spawn jump on H5's Truth to sword is extremely advantageous? It cuts down the time to get to the sword by at least half?

We'll disagree on the ranking system. I gave a logical argument already. It is not simple to be understood by everyone, which has caused a lot of people to be put off by it, and love the simplicity of the 1-50. The 1- 50 system was beloved and became such a hit that it turned into a status symbol. It was common to ask, "Do you have a 50?" "What are you 50's in?". I do not think the Halo 5 ranking system was as popular as the 1 - 50 system and surely will not achieve the commonality of the 1 - 50 system. I do like how you are placed, but perhaps they can change some things about it. Everyone wanted a 50. Does everyone want a Ultra Diamond Tier 3?

Just so you know, I'm a massive MOBA fan, I play a lot of League and a lot of SC2 in the past, so maybe I'm just set on the league format. 1-50 is definitely an amazing method of ranking, but what exactly is wrong with the 7 division format? 5 base divisions and 2 professional divisions? Seems way more simple and specific too me, instead of the (sometimes arbitrary) 1-50. This method at least provides a more visible ranking format.

Why can everyone not aim to be either in Diamond/Master tier, or aim for the semi-pro/pro tier? Has a title to it.

I am glad you agree on the strength of automatic weapons.. But I am talking strictly in terms of 1 on 1 battles and not with pros. The difference between a SMG and a BR with two great players is far too close. It is sad you need teamwork of pros to negate it.

I am a bit torn to be honest in somethings, I am (clearly) trying to be very optimistic. But from what I play'd, and from what I watched. BR still was the champion in all most all battles if in the right hands, especially with the decrease of auto aim.

I will admit to being frustrated a few times on some prick turning the corner with zoomed in SMG and literally ripping me to shreds. I hope this is something they will address. What do you think, is it a baseline damage problem? or the scoped damage?

much bigger fan of the tiered system of 5 leagues and 2 pro.

Really its not too much different than 1-50, with every ten ranks being a league.

Halo MCC has made me realize that no matter what the ranking system is how it matches you is most important.

I really hope h5 puts a lot of time and care into that. Id love for it to be competitive, but competitive to me means close, tough games. Not blowing away a team one game and getting smacked to the floor the second.

I knew OP had an agenda when he looped Halo 5 into the discussion.

Got damn. You'd swear 1-50 died for homies sins the way some folk go on about it.

VinFTW

Well I tried the game a few times since launch, each time waiting for 15-20 mins and never finding a single game so I have anecdotal experience to base it on, sorry I can't be there in person to watch it work for other people like you magically can. Are you telling me the time I wasted trying to play a broken game didn't happen? Get off your high horse and go apologize some more for them, maybe if you white knight enough you'll get hired by them.

If all you're going to do is insult people and call them names for something you don't even seem to understand correctly then there is no use in having a conversation with you.

"tried a few times since launch" doesn't tell me anything and is certainly not evidence to what I was even talking about (March Update).

I don't use my own evidence to support broad claims. I'm on a lot of Halo fan sites interacting with the people who suffer day in and day out trying to enjoy the franchise they love. I don't just use my own experiences to state the game is working, that's ridiculous.

But hey... keep up with the aggressive name calling and generalizations!

They need to dig in and just fix this fucking thing already.

Seriously, Halo 5's story and MP are going to be incredible. 343i is finally doing good work... if only they could fix the MCC and maybe add in Reach as well for free, they could garner some good will again.

You think it's going to be incredible? How? What actually makes you honestly think that's going to happen? What has 343 done to actually give you that impression? Cause of some lame viral marketing about how the Master Chief is either a good or a bad guy? Some beta that you played a little sample of and have no idea how the full suite will be? Gimme a break. Hype much?

VinFTW

You think it's going to be incredible? How? What actually makes you honestly think that's going to happen? What has 343 done to actually give you that impression? Cause of some lame viral marketing about how the Master Chief is either a good or a bad guy? Some beta that you played a little sample of and have no idea how the full suite will be? Gimme a break. Hype much?

3 weeks of a beta I couldn't stop playing. The feedback changes already sound like a welcome addition.

The potential of the story is something Halo nerds have been wanting in an actual game for 10+ years. It's no different than people being hyped Battlefront... The story potential and MP potential, despite the last game being a launched mess.

Yeah, I'm hyped. So what? lol You sound upset I'm excited for Halo 5. If that's the case, you're going to be "gimme break"-ing a lot of people around here. Have fun with that.

JaggedSac

3 weeks of a beta I couldn't stop playing. The feedback changes already sound like a welcome addition.

The potential of the story is something Halo nerds have been wanting in an actual game for 10+ years. It's no different than people being hyped Battlefront... The story potential and MP potential, despite the last game being a launched mess.

Yeah, I'm hyped. So what? lol You sound upset I'm excited for Halo 5. If that's the case, you're going to be "gimme break"-ing a lot of people around here. Have fun with that.

Nofunallowedrobot.jpg

Put me firmly in the beta was fantastic category.

FStop7

Banned
You know what fucking sucks about this console gen? It's not about kids on the playground stanning for what console is the best and has the coolest games. It's about 30 year olds stanning for which console is the least fucked up and crusading as surrogate PR for broken first party games.

That was a lot of condescension.

Heaven forbid that playing a beta and clever marketing gets people excited.

It's just set your expectations lower. Because if the game becomes another dud then you're going to be extremely disappointed. And you'll swear off Halo for eternity.

There's a lot of vitriol going on in this thread that's a little unfounded. There was a patch recently that really DID fix everything up quite nice. I was able to jump on, hit find game, and found some great matches in under 30 seconds.

And even more recently, they released a patch that broke a lot of things they fixed. That's what caused this tourney to get cancelled.

It's a shame, but I'm sure they'll fix it again. It's just unfortunate that they have to.

Sulik2

You'd think Microsoft would be a little more careful with their biggest gaming IP. Really sad, in hoping to pick up an Xbox One for Halo 5 but this has me nervous. No way they'd fuck that up too right? That could be a franchise killer. Halo is competitive and if you can't even compete...

Halo 5 was delayed, so they hired a bunch of third parties to rush out the collection. Halo 2 Anniversary was probably all that was originally planned and adding three other games after the delay broke the dev cycle.They thought they needed a Halo game this fall and crashed and burned rushing it out the door. Halo 5 has had years. It won't be broken.

spootime

There's a lot of vitriol going on in this thread that's a little unfounded. There was a patch recently that really DID fix everything up quite nice. I was able to jump on, hit find game, and found some great matches in under 30 seconds.

And even more recently, they released a patch that broke a lot of things they fixed. That's what caused this tourney to get cancelled.

It's a shame, but I'm sure they'll fix it again. It's just unfortunate that they have to.

Yeah, after reading your post I can really tell the vitriol is unfounded.

Kssio_Aug

Yeah, playing the beta and watching the teaser actually made me pretty damn excited. Was awesome!
I'm hyped! And I wont give a break! :p

Im having fun with MCC btw!

Hubble

I am aware that this is a certain survey, with a certain audience surveyed... But you are not providing any statistic yourself. So obviously there is a higher level of credibility to the statistic I provided than your generalisation of "many believe sprint should not be in halo". Many what as well?

I am not attempting to introduce any statistics as it is pretty foolish we are even debating this. Do you know how obvious it was for the hate of sprint in Halo 4? Something that was a social phenomenon does not need to be quantified. It was EVERY WHERE. EVERY forum. In fact, the first thread on GAF of the Halo 5 leak was titled, '343 shits on fans Sprint + ADS in Halo 5'.

If you want to go along this route, some pros who are against sprint are Naded, Walshy, Hysteria, Roy, Lunchbox, and more. Roy has said he wants to see the game play without sprint. Naded has openly said, "Halo = no sprint." I doubt you will have a majority of pros who are for sprint. Many people have moved on from the series feeling it is not Halo no more...., so let's find out why. Let's have 343 open the survey to the public.

Why exactly do you disagree with the skill jumps I show'd? The spawn jump on H5's Truth to sword is extremely advantageous? It cuts down the time to get to the sword by at least half?

As far as skill jumps and ranks, I am not going to repeat myself. In sum, skill jumps are far less prevalent in Halo 5. That skill jump you showed, you will get popped if you did that at spawn, and guess what? The weapon drop call-out announcement of when the sword appears later in the round with all eyes on it WHEN YOU SHOULD USE THAT JUMP is nerfed - a skillful jump to use at a certain situation where your team is preparing for 30 seconds ahead of time, to quickly sneak a power weapon away. Weapon drop call-outs remove strategy and the team work involved in Halo, and has helped nerf skill jumping for this reason of power weapons.

Also, it does take 3 seconds longer, but there is a safer method to get the sword from Truth on spawn, and it involves a clamber and a thrust pack.... Again, clamber and thrusters have made skill jumps less prevalent... and less common.

I will admit to being frustrated a few times on some prick turning the corner with zoomed in SMG and literally ripping me to shreds. I hope this is something they will address. What do you think, is it a baseline damage problem? or the scoped damage?

Both. The pistol needs to be more powerful too or a clip size increase - not sure which.

Lothars

I don't have any faith they will fix it again, They have shown that they can't get it right and I feel it doesn't bode well for Halo 5 when they can't seem to get this collection right.

I am not attempting to introduce any statistics as it is pretty foolish we are even debating this. Do you know how obvious it was for the hate of sprint in Halo 4? Something that was a social phenomenon does not need to be quantified. It was EVERY WHERE. EVERY forum. In fact, the first thread on GAF of the Halo 5 leak was titled, '343 shits on fans Sprint + ADS in Halo 5'.

What sort of quantifiable measure is that, "social phenomenon" "GAF title of Halo 5 reveal"etc... How much hate do I see online for COD and yet its still one of the most played game one console. So yes, I do not believe that what I see online == what everyone believes. It's always the opponents of something who are loudest, so yes you do see it more.

I won't argue about sprint with you, because I am also not 100% FOR it, nor against it. I didn't like it in Halo 4, I'm still unsure in 5.

Semi-agree with you on everything else.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You know what fucking sucks about this console gen? It's not about kids on the playground stanning for what console is the best and has the coolest games. It's about 30 year olds stanning for which console is the least fucked up and crusading as surrogate PR for broken first party games.
Just this generation had this? Hardly.

If you want to go along this route, some pros who are against sprint are Naded, Walshy, Hysteria, Roy, Lunchbox, and more. Roy has said he wants to see the game play without sprint. Naded has openly said, "Halo = no sprint." I doubt you will have a majority of pros who are for sprint. Many people have moved on from the series feeling it is not Halo no more...., so let's find out why. Let's have 343 open the survey to the public.

Just for conversation sake, and because you seem to be well-informed. Why exactly where they used to test Halo 5 in "The Sprint" episodes if they distanced themselves from Halo as you say... Because really it's because of age, their competitive edge's are gone.

VinFTW

If you want to go along this route, some pros who are against sprint are Naded, Walshy, Hysteria, Roy, Lunchbox, and more. Roy has said he wants to see the game play without sprint. Naded has openly said, "Halo = no sprint." I doubt you will have a majority of pros who are for sprint.

Against sprint =/= against Halo 5.

I spend most of my free time watching their streams/following the HCS/participating in HCS discussion on Team Beyond (competitive Halo forum). I can assure you all of those names are very excited for Halo 5 and can't wait for it.

At MOST they've stated they want some small things changed but think it will be good/enjoyed it.

Hubble

Just for conversation sake, and because you seem to be well-informed. Why exactly where they used to test Halo 5 in "The Sprint" episodes if they distanced themselves from Halo as you say... Because really it's because of age, their competitive edge's are gone.

There is actually a funny story about when the pros were invited and played Halo 5 early at 343...

I spend most of my free time watching their streams/following the HCS/participating in HCS discussion on Team Beyond (competitive Halo forum). I can assure you all of those names are very excited for Halo 5 and can't wait for it.

At MOST they've stated they want some small things changed but think it will be good/enjoyed it.

What I said is factual, and I would not say 'very excited' is the correct word at all besides Ninja.. In general from this thread, you seem to be the one very excited and hyped for Halo 5, when a lot of people are more concerned or with reservation, especially based on 343's record and the Halo 5 beta diluting Halo. In general, I think everyone is looking forward to a new Halo game, of course, a good one that is.

VinFTW

There is actually a funny story about when the pros were invited and played Halo 5 early at 343...

What I said is factual, and I would not say 'very excited' is the correct word at all besides Ninja.. In general from this thread, you seem to be the one very excited and hyped for Halo 5, when a lot more people are more concerned or with reservation, especially based on 343's record and the Halo 5 beta diluting Halo. In general, I think everyone is looking forward to a new Halo game, of course, a good one that is.

I promise you I'm not fabricating this. I've watched these streams daily for months. I have nothing to gain from this lol

What I said is factual, and I would not say 'very excited' is the correct word at all besides Ninja.. In general from this thread, you seem to be the one very excited and hyped for Halo 5, when a lot more people are more concerned or with reservation, especially based on 343's record and the Halo 5 beta diluting Halo. In general, I think everyone is looking forward to a new Halo game, of course, a good one that is.

Are you expecting some sort of happy hype train posts on a negative 343 Halo thread?

Just to jump in all of the derailment, after playing halo 5 for those 3 weeks, I crave for more. It felt like like a great step for the formula. Hell I played like 10 hours with tocom (a bungie competitive designer) and he was gushing over it. He hated one of the maps but that didn't stop his thirst to play more.

one game vs a collection of games that were on 2 different consoles...

okay

Obviously the technical scope of the 2 projects are different. I think peoples ire comes primarily from the fact that they willingly shipped a broken game and fucked up the communication afterward. Ideally, you want people at the top making decisions to have some integrity and balls to not do what they did.

cakely

one game vs a collection of games that were on 2 different consoles...

okay

Both games are published by Microsoft, both developed by 343, and both have an absolute, set-in-stone ship date that Microsoft will absolutely not miss.

That being said, I really expect Halo 5 to be solid, bug-free experience. Having a beta goes a very long way toward that goal.

Madness

Man's gotta eat though. That's probably what it is. Halo 5 represents a chance to bring Halo somewhat back to how it was around Halo 3. I know a lot of the pros like the gameplay more than Reach or Halo 5, so that does count for something. In the end, they know though, they depend on Halo 5 doing well, and so are excited for it to launch so they can leave MCC and the 3 maps of H2A competitive play behind.

Both games are published by Microsoft, both developed by 343, and both have an absolute, set-in-stone ship date that Microsoft will absolutely not miss.

That being said, I really expect Halo 5 to be solid, bug-free experience. Having a beta goes a very long way toward that goal.

This is something the MCC should've had before it got released.

I think thats a good problem from the single player perspective. The story can be hard to follow for casuals who arent as invested in the franchise as the hardcore are. Finding out that a forerunner was still alive was a nice story idea, but its not well implemented as we have not much in the way of information as to how this happened other than the books. I dont want the books to stop because they are good, but rather take a step back and write a story that people can get invested into for 10 hours.

In terms of multiplayer i think they mix this up a bit though. Much to the like of Blizzard with SC2. They try to cater to its esports players and the fans and end up creating a very polished product. 343 needs a good balence right now so I assume with the early beta thats what they were shooting for.

Blizzard is losing its ass to the much more accessible Mobas.

VinFTW

Man's gotta eat though. That's probably what it is. Halo 5 represents a chance to bring Halo somewhat back to how it was around Halo 3. I know a lot of the pros like the gameplay more than Reach or Halo 5, so that does count for something. In the end, they know though, they depend on Halo 5 doing well, and so are excited for it to launch so they can leave MCC and the 3 maps of H2A competitive play behind.

100% valid criticism, but some (not all) of these pros are very blunt and honest about their likes/dislikes regarding Halo 5. I mean, it's in plain site in some of their Twitch bio's.

They're not afraid to speak up and bite the hand that feeds them regarding MCC. Don't see why it's different here. They genuinely enjoyed Halo 5.

This is something the MCC should've had before it got released.

Sounds like the game barely got finished in time to meet the date. I don't see how/where they could have afforded the time and man power to actually do a beta.

Also, Betas are primarily a marketing tool at this point. They didnt need to sell the idea of Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer to people

Arttemis

I watched 30 minutes of 5 of my friends taking turns all fail utterly at successfully getting into or creating a match. Holy shit, I couldn't believe how badly this game was flawed.

ghibli99

Wow, that sucks. I'm playing SP for the first time today (it came with my XBO), and I ran into a soft crash just in the first mission. I went in thinking campaign would be pretty air-tight, but it's proving to feel a bit undercooked. At least it's not broken, but still. This is not how you represent one of your most important franchises.

Top Bottom