• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

singhr1

So is it just me, or does the killcam for a hail-mary grenade follow the grenade's point of view, and not the killing player? Got smoked by a wild ricochet frag on Truth and the kill cam was of the grenade smacking into my face.

All grenade kills have cams that follow the nade

singhr1

How poor it functions online maybe? Could just present more issues and further piss people off.

Also if imagine since ODST is technically just more Halo 3 it will be easier to port.

Whereas FF would be a lot of extra work, being it would be the only version of the mode in MCC

Spartan Ops is rough online too and thats coming next week. Also the only of its kind.

FyreWulff

Though it would probably be more tweaking and networking that the campaign requires.

Also, they do have female team chatter if your spartan in female in Halo 5, though you guys probably already heard it too.

Literally the same networking as campaign.

Firefight in ODST and Reach are basically campaign missions that keep you in one spot and have special UI while in them.

Fuchsdh

All grenade kills have cams that follow the nade

Ah, that's a nice touch. The music that plays is what's really bothering me about the kill cams at this point. There's also some weird black screen and lag when you try and skip it, but I'm not entirely sure if that's not just down to the early nature of the build.

RdN

The compensation is fair. ODST is actually my favorite Halo campaign and it'll be great to replay it. I wish they could include Firefight, though.

Still, TMCC has a lot wrong with it and there's much work to be done. Players outside the US are having lots of difficulty finding matches and experiencing lots of lag when they do. Not to mention that the dedicated servers are still nowhere to be found (which hurts even more after seeing how smooth Halo 5 is with them).

Hopefully 343i won't slow down their Content Updates and keep making progress on a regular basis.

Madness

I don't know how I feel about the ADS. It's definitely not cosmetic. Try jumping while scoped. You get some hover jets activated that slow you to a crawl and it's basically how it is in games like Call of Duty where you slow down to get more accuracy.

Something about the firing seems off for me. Only the very last kill feels like it has any 'crunch' to the shots.

As for the new content, I'd have liked Reach campaign over ODST by miles. Reach suffered from ridiculous frame rate drops, that blur, would have loved to see it in 1080p/60 first. But I'm not going to complain. I wasn't expecting anything and confirmation we get another campaign port with resolution and frame rate bumps, plus more maps for Halo 2 Anniversary, yes please. Is it just relic or is relic part of a new suite of maps?

JUST LEAKED BY FRANKLES OD'NELL

Nameplate2.jpg

Nameplate1.jpg

Tawpgun

I don't know how I feel about the ADS. It's definitely not cosmetic. Try jumping while scoped. You get some hover jets activated that slow you to a crawl and it's basically how it is in games like Call of Duty where you slow down to get more accuracy.

Something about the firing seems off for me. Only the very last kill feels like it has any 'crunch' to the shots.

As for the new content, I'd have liked Reach campaign over ODST by miles. Reach suffered from ridiculous frame rate drops, that blur, would have loved to see it in 1080p/60 first. But I'm not going to complain. I wasn't expecting anything and confirmation we get another campaign port with resolution and frame rate bumps, plus more maps for Halo 2 Anniversary, yes please. Is it just relic or is relic part of a new suite of maps?

It's fuckin dumb how the stabilizers are turned on to automatic by default, but you can turn them off. I did. And then you turn them on manually if you want. Like in this clip.
http://xboxclips.com/Tawpgun/689123d5-2905-40f3-b71b-de90f179f820
Stabilizers helped me get the kill and I turned them on when I wanted.

This kill gave me hope for the spartan abilities because it gives you awesome ways to get an advantage on the competetion. You can do some much more creative things now.

It's fuckin dumb how the stabilizers are turned on to automatic by default, but you can turn them off. I did. And then you turn them on manually if you want. Like in this clip.

This kill gave me hope for the spartan abilities because it gives you awesome ways to get an advantage on the competetion. You can do some much more creative things now.

How do you manually enable them?

Computron

Halo 3 ODST seems like the natural choice given they already have Halo 3 running and this is the same engine. Seems to me like they probably already had it planned as future DLC, and they are just giving it out for free to those affected by launch. (EDIT: FAQ says no, and ODST ight be sold in the future to later purchasers) Hope it has Firefight. (EDIT: does not have FF in the plans)

I wonder if Relic is the only Halo 2 map? It seems like the easiest one you could port shy of warlock. I hope they bring back the shields that they cut from it.

I was just looking at my extracted tags from that map, and it turns out the tags for the shields actually shipped with it and there is gemoetry and textures for it in the DLC files that I can load into 3ds max.

I wonder if I can still take advantage of the $15 dollar bing rewards promotion by canceling and rebuying and still get ODST/Relic?

Booshka

Ya, could get good.

Strive for Shadowrun as I say.

Dat Creative Movement

FyreWulff

Halo 3 ODST seems like the natural choice given they already have Halo 3 running and this is the same engine. Seems to me like they probably already had it planned as future DLC, and they are just giving it out for free to those affected by launch. Hope it has Firefight.

They've already said no plans for ODST Firefight.

FyreWulff

I would think ODST had quite a shift to allow for the open-world roaming & AI encounters, and that's perhaps more complex to handle with the 4 players running around instead of just the FF enclosures.

It works just like normal Halo 3. They just have map pointers that let you leave and enter segments of the map in multiple directions instead of just 'forward'. if you remember, they some what brutishly "hid" the open world transitions by making you open big, slow doors if you wanted to go to a different quadrant.

You still got teleported when the host needed to deload geometry.

TCKaos

They've already said no plans for ODST Firefight.

Which kind of sucks. It looks like Halo 5's sandbox and movement just isn't conducive to defense scenarios.

I'll definitely take it, though. ODST had my favorite campaign and Relic is one of my all time favorite maps.

Tried to play some Halo 2 co-op with a friend and we couldn't load any of the missions. We popped in to Halo 4 and it worked just fine. Has this been a problem for anyone else? We both did a hard reset and it still wouldn't work. We'd just fade to a black screen and fail to connect.

Played four games of H5. Did not like ADS. Feels like it was ripped straight from CoD. I don't like how it clutters up your screen like with the DMR. Game still felt easy to me. Felt like the aim assist was exactly the same from H2A which is too say there was too much. Did not really like what I played.

blamite

Wow, ODST is a lot more than I expected. But still... I don't mean to sound like an asshole by asking for more, but PLEASE try to get firefight in there. The combination of Halo 2, 3, and ODST Firefight all in one package is basically a perfect video game (although there are still some huge glaring flaws, like the fact that you can't make Halo 3 Rocket Race...).

Also if anyone has a spare beta code...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom