• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem I have is, that it has titanfall syndrome.

It's pretty damn fun, but it seems very casual in the sense that I dont care about winning or losing.

I'm not sure what a game has to do to make someone care. Losing isn't fun. Losing makes you go down in rank. That's about as punishing as losing should be. Titanfall just needed ranks to include retention in my opinion.

speedy hops in party with zoojoo and I, I tell everyone "be back in a little bit, imma go eat" and he goes "dicks, or...?"

stay winning speedy

Tawpgun

Considering they toned down the aim assist on the BR/DMR, I disagree with making the AR stronger.

That being said, wasn't too big an issue in game. I did get shredded once in a while when I felt I should have beat them. But given a perfect kill, a DMR/BR should still beat the AR

Figured this is as good a place as any to ask, but I entered that Xbox Twitter contest for a code and can't figure out if they actually gave them out or anything. Not even seeing the tweet on their account anymore. Anyone here get one or know if they went out?

jem0208

Spawning with a BR actually fixes the problem. Buffing automatics does not, but rather makes the roles of other guns obsolete or redundant.
Uhm, not really. Spawning with a BR just makes the AR redundant.

Scoping now means the AR is somewhat capable at defending you at mid range. It's not going to be able to best a good player who had a BR but now at least you have a chance.

Fracas

#fuckonami
How is everyone playing the beta already?

DQcyOPP.gif

Wait, all you have to do is contest the design philosophy of the Halo 5 Guardians sandbox to get a code?

AR starts are opinion because reasons. I vehemently support the usage of emergent mechanic because it adds something new to classic Halo formula map control teamwork cinematic gravitas vernacular entropy cascade.

dwells

I'm on vacation in Florida until next week, and yet I'm still posting in here. I've been reading beta feedback while I've been in line for rides.

...I have a problem.

FyreWulff

Uhm, not really. Spawning with a BR just makes the AR redundant.

Scoping now means the AR is somewhat capable at defending you at mid range. It's not going to be able to best a good player who had a BR but now at least you have a chance.

AR isn't redundant in BR start, as it's the CQB weapon for inside/constrained parts of the map. It's also more useful against vehicles, especially the banshee (same with the SMG)

Many people still remember the pain of Team BRs on Ascension with the banshee still on the map and no SMG.

BR/AR compliment each other

Welfare

Describe for me how it felt to you, as user and recipient?

After shooting at a wall in both ADS and non ADS, it just makes me want to ADS all the time with the AR.

In fact, after seeing this, I tried to do nothing but ADS during an AR v AR, and me ADS just long enough gave me an edge. I don't like that. Zooming in shouldn't give you an advantage except for just looking farther.

CliQ

I am unable to get into a game in the Beta. Every time I try I get matched with a full group of people then someone either leaves or it kicks them and then we all get stuck searching. I've restarted the game several times now. About to give up.

AR isn't redundant in BR start, as it's the CQB weapon for inside/constrained parts of the map. It's also more useful against vehicles, especially the banshee (same with the SMG)

Many people still remember the pain of Team BRs on Ascension with the banshee still on the map and no SMG.

The AR being good at midrange doesn't make the BR redundant, though.

As im moving up the skill bracket more and more people are just using their assault rifles. It might be a tad too powerful but i appreciate that is at least useful now.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you

By Bonnie Ross - 8 minutes ago

Last month, I promised the Halo and Xbox community that addressing the matchmaking issues and other bugs impacting players’ experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection was our #1 priority. We’ve been working around the clock deploying weekly content updates and numerous server-side adjustments that have shown good results and we’re encouraged by the feedback we’re hearing from you. Another big challenge was met when we added fan-favorite playlists, such as SWAT and Halo: CE, back to our matchmaking menu and we plan to add more soon. Next week, we’ll release a content update that will add all 10 episodes of the cooperative experience “Spartan Ops” for Halo 4, and will address other issues. I assure you that the team will continue to work on additional content updates to further improve the all-up gameplay experience.

This has been a humbling experience and highlighted how we as a studio can – and need – to do better for Xbox fans around the world. We are so grateful to our fans who have stood by our side and we appreciate all of your patience as we worked through these issues. As a token of our appreciation and to thank fans for the continued support and understanding, we will be offering the following items, for free, to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection online since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).*
◾1 Month of Xbox Live Gold
◾Exclusive In-Game Nameplate
◾Exclusive In-Game Avatar

* For specifics on eligibility and further details on the offer, visit the FAQ here.

Additionally, you’ve told us that you want more Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer map content and Halo 3: ODST on Xbox One. As a future bonus, we’re going to make these happen and give them to you for free. We are just now starting work with our partners to bring both to Halo: The Master Chief Collection and will share more specific details on timing in the coming months. But for now, here’s what you can expect:
◾Halo 3: ODST Campaign – Development has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today
(12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.

◾“Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map – Available via a free content update to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we will reimagine the fan-favorite map “Relic,” fully remastered and running at 1080p resolution and 60fps. We chose this map based on its suitability for Slayer and Objective modes and its ability to support teams of varying sizes. And you can trust that Certain Affinity will tune and tweak the map to make it even better than you remember.

The satisfaction and joy of our fans is absolutely critical to everyone at 343 Industries and we regret the issues and the frustration you have endured. We are truly sorry and thank you for your continued patience and support of the Halo franchise.

Sincerely,
Bonnie Ross
Head of 343 Industries

jem0208

Really?

I've also found the BR to be more effective than the AR at pretty much all ranges including close quarters.

Also, making the AR competent at mid range doesn't make the BR redundant.

darthbob

Additionally, you’ve told us that you want more Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer map content and Halo 3: ODST on Xbox One. As a future bonus, we’re going to make these happen and give them to you for free. We are just now starting work with our partners to bring both to Halo: The Master Chief Collection and will share more specific details on timing in the coming months. But for now, here’s what you can expect:

Halo 3: ODST Campaign – Development has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.

“Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map – Available via a free content update to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we will reimagine the fan-favorite map “Relic,” fully remastered and running at 1080p resolution and 60fps. We chose this map based on its suitability for Slayer and Objective modes and its ability to support teams of varying sizes. And you can trust that Certain Affinity will tune and tweak the map to make it even better than you remember.

THANK YOU BASED BONNIE AND FRANK

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom