• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

What we really need is Cragmire. Anyone working on that?
animation1wmuee.gif

What we really need is Cragmire. Anyone working on that?

I convinced Fyre to build the Cragmire Button. Load up your favorite map of choice and then find a special button on the map. When pressed, it despawns the current map in its entirety and replaces it with Cragmire!

WUNj7oR.png

So Sunset Overdrive is free to play tomorrow all day

Achievements, online, everything.

Stop trying to play broken matchmaking and try that game Instead.

Seriously, way too much whinging about matchmaking. Don't stick your hand in a fire and expect not to get burnt.

Just in case anyone's still not sure..

MATCHMAKING DOES NOT WORK, STOP TRYING

They really can't win though. For almost 2 weeks and well after launch, people were complaining about the audio beep hitmarker nonstop. It's what entire chats on twitch would talk about, people would tell them to get rid of it. Now that they remove it, you've got the other side upset who need the audio hitmarkers etc. Really makes you wonder just how many different sources of suggestions and feedback they get and how they decide what to listen to.

CE in the longrun will only live from the competitive players, with CE having only one dedicated playlist being the 2vs2 this sort of shows 343i thinks the same way
those people do need the beep, those that complain about the beep wont play CE in the longrun anyhow (at least most of them)

aside from that im asking for a highly toned down beep volume, something like Halo 5 has
if you havent noticed already, Halo 5 uses a very very silent beep to confirm a hit

Halo 5 beep sound

-Ryn

Banned
The one fucking gametype that is so good that's NOT in the master chief collection is INVASION!

It never was in any of the four games BUT IT SHOULD BE!
Maybe it's the secret unrevealed game type. With a twist.

CE in the longrun will only live from the competitive players, with CE having only one dedicated playlist being the 2vs2 this sort of shows 343i thinks the same way
those people do need the beep, those that complain about the beep wont play CE in the longrun anyhow (at least most of them)

aside from that im asking for a highly toned down beep volume, something like Halo 5 has
if you havent noticed already, Halo 5 uses a very very silent beep to confirm a hit

Halo 5 beep sound
After watching that again I'm interested in the potential travel capabilities of Ground Pound. At this point when he blasted towards 3 guys and completely missed, he then used his thruster pack to get into cover and then take all three on. And he won. That was a really cool maneuver. What do you guys think?

Computer

Halo 5 beep sound

How in any way is that an arena style map. It looks god awful just like every Halo 4 map. He literately ground pounded his teammate and the teammate walked off. 343 just stick to remakes because map design is not you're strong suit. The more I play of H2A the less I like what I see in Halo 5.

How in any way is that an arena style map. It looks god awful just like every Halo 4 map. He literately ground pounded his teammate and the teammate walked off. 343 just stick to remakes because map design is not you're strong suit. The more I play of H2A the less I like what I see in Halo 5.

Honestly, it looks good to me. 2-way symmetrical design, decent varied elevations, nice looking but not too cluttered. They could turn down the glare, but other than that...

Matchmaking has been working pretty good for me today. Only problem was one 4v5 match that turned into a 2v5.

Anyone want to party up later on? Watching some Rescue Me for a bit.

I will be slightly drunk BTW. Forewarning.

Magni

Matchmaking has been working pretty good for me today. Only problem was one 4v5 match that turned into a 2v5.

Anyone want to party up later on? Watching some Rescue Me for a bit.

I will be slightly drunk BTW. Forewarning.

Don't care if you're drunk as long as you have a microphone and you can do a bare minimum of calling out :)

Honestly, it looks good to me. 2-way symmetrical design, decent varied elevations, nice looking but not too cluttered. They could turn down the glare, but other than that...

It looks like all of the points on the map are separated from one another. For example, the first floor looks like open spaces separated by large segments of the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor consists of tiny areas unless you're inside a room. It reminds me of Orbital in the sense that your entire team will have to stay relatively close to one another to have any success. Obviously not close to being as bad as Orbital as there are sight lines and two floors, as opposed to nothing, but long hallways. The point is that it seems as though team shooting from several areas will be really hard to achieve. If you think about Lockout, Guardian, Midship, Pit, Sanctuary, Battle Creek, even Countdown, you can hold different areas of the map and have some form of teamwork.

It could be decent if you stay on the 2nd floor. Looks prone to standoffs.

I could be entirely wrong though as I don't know the map enough to 100% confident in my assessment.

Rev3rb

Successfully played 4 matchmade games in a row with a friend in my party.

Only issue has been the weird infinite loading of emblems. Other than that, smooth games for all of 'em!

Don't care if you're drunk as long as you have a microphone and you can do a bare minimum of calling out :)

OK. Like a half hour, 45 minutes? Going to play one more solo game then I gotta do some stuff before hopping back on. Feel free to add me. Gt is same as username.

Unless we are already friends. I have added so many people lately.

It looks like all of the points on the map are separated from one another. For example, the first floor looks like open spaces separated by large segments of the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor consists of tiny areas unless you're inside a room. It reminds me of Orbital in the sense that your entire team will have to stay relatively close to one another to have any success. Obviously not close to being as bad as Orbital as there are sight lines and two floors, as opposed to nothing, but long hallways. The point is that it seems as though team shooting from several areas will be really hard to achieve. If you think about Lockout, Guardian, Midship, Pit, Sanctuary, Battle Creek, even Countdown, you can hold different areas of the map and have some form of teamwork.

It could be decent if you stay on the 2nd floor. Looks prone to standoffs.

I could be entirely wrong though as I don't know the map enough to 100% confident in my assessment.

Hmm. Hadn't considered that. It does look somewhat segmented, yeah.

TheOddOne

- 343: Providing an update on Halo: The Master Chief Collection's most recent content update.
We wanted to provide you with an update on what we’re seeing as a result of yesterday’s content update (CU). We realize that silence and opacity, even when we have nothing new to say, is frustrating. With each change and/or update we make, it takes time for us to capture and analyze the data to determine the tangible impact to the game experience. Additionally, we've already begun work on future updates which will be informed by the data and community feedback we’re seeing from yesterday’s CU.

Our data shows that the CU improved things statistically, but we are aware that far too many are not seeing improvements. We continue to work on these issues, with our primary focus being on matchmaking performance. Additionally, we also noticed that the CU inadvertently introduced some new UI bugs, which will be fixed shortly.

For now, you will continue to see uneven match-ups and larger than normal team sizes in matchmaking. This is a temporary situation that is caused by the fact that we are allowing more players than normal into a matchmaking session in order to improve overall matching times. We realize this is not ideal, and we will reset those parameters to their expected behavior as soon as our matchmaking improves to a level where players are consistently getting into matches in shorter time frames. Additionally, in yesterday’s patch notes, we announced that parties would no longer be split after a matchmaking session, and we’re aware that this bug has regressed. This issue, along with others, will be addressed in the coming content updates. We’ll be monitoring feedback and data over the weekend, and will provide an update on Monday regarding our progress.

Moving forward, we will continue to post the details of our fixes on Waypoint in order to keep you updated with the latest information. Please keep an eye on this thread (http://aka.ms/mcc_updates) for details as we continue to make updates to the title.

343 Industries

Magni

Same, I got a chat adapter for nothing. :(

I just had a 3v4 on Elongation BRs with a teammate with a mic in, so good.

First time seeing an elite in MP, and first time seeing a guest. Feels like old times (not that I missed those two things haha)

Nowise10

I can deal with matches taking 2-5 minutes per search, but they really need to sort out friends and parties getting split up when searching for games, or when games end. That is the biggest issue in my opinion that needs to be solved first and foremost.

Some people my disagree, but with my experience, Its the biggest issue. Due to Xbox Lives fantastic "smart match" multiplayer system , if you get kicked out of your game in Halo, your party system acts like you and your friend are still in the game, which you really aren't. This usually will end up fucking something up on the game, and one of you needs to entirely quit out of the game in order to rejoin each other. Otherwise, you usually can snap the Party chat, and click the "Leave > Multiplayer" and rejoin one another.

danwarb

The H2A terminals are brilliant in spite of the awkward Halo Channel. Those Grunt tears... He was my nipple mate!

The shotgun is so lame on Halo 2 compared to CE. I was shredding flood in the library, now in High charity it takes a couple shots each

Yes. It ruins the flow of Flood combat. CE has best Flood. H2 "save and quit" is properly saving check points after the patch.

Madness

Better than everyone I've played with so far today :lol

I've been successfully getting into games, but no one has a mic :( So frustrating, I miss XBL pre-PC

Chatting in games died around modern warfare 2 and when party chat came. It's crazy how Gears 1 was, almost everybody was mic'ed up for a year, same for Halo 3, and now no one cares. The ones who do have mics usually mute or are in party chat. Just the way it is now. On the bright side, no longer have to hear insults about my mother or be called the N word by some 9 year old UK kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom