• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

tumblr_m32iavMfOr1r3rj31.gif

Okay guys, starting it a few minutes early but if you wanna jump on, I'm turning on my xbox right now. MIXMASTERCHlEF (the I in chief a lower case L)
Is anyone on here knight rider?

I'm partied up as well, so feel free to join us.

Computer

Thanks. 7am is indeed rough, but that's unfortunately one of the sacrifices we had to make. We couldn't do a double elimination, best-of-5 tournament with all matches shown on stream at PAX East and get it all in on time.

We pushed the start an hour tomorrow to accommodate as much as we can.

I have been a huge fan and supporter of the HCS since the announcement. The amount of improvement is amazing. The nail biting games can not be beat by any other shooter if you ask me. If only Xbox would promote it better. They promote COD Champs more then the HCS witch is sad to see.

Neogaf needs a dedicated HCS thread.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
When is Season 2 being talked about tomorrow? I want to catch it live.

Right before the Grand Finals.

I have been a huge fan and supporter of the HCS since the announcement. The amount of improvement is amazing. The nail biting games can not be beat by any other shooter if you ask me. If only Xbox would promote it better. They promote COD Champs more then the HCS witch is sad to see.

Thanks! Much appreciated. HCS is still very new.

belushy

Banned

I tried posted a thread for the Season 1 Finals this weekend but hardly anyone was replying... maybe one day...

I went over to HCS again today and there was a ton of people, and most of them seemed pretty into it. Some classy people yelled "343 killed Halo" and "Bungie killed Destiny"
(I don't understand either)
in the morning...but other than that when I walked over things looked really good.

Okey dokey, well Ill get on that eBook asap.

Swore it didn't release til mid March, guess I got confused.

Were still getting a full novel release in the fall right?

Well, nothing official yet, but since they were calling First Blood a digital first novel, it'll probably have a physical release down the line. Whether they'll add any additional pages is unknown.

nillapuddin

Well, nothing official yet, but since they were calling First Blood a digital first novel, it'll probably have a physical release down the line. Whether they'll add any additional pages is unknown.

Gotcha, isn't there a more "current" novel still coming though? I'm feigning for current universe master chief drama.

Zoolader

Holy shit Halo 3 sucks ass

This BR is fucking turrible.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! No! Nein! 999999999999999999999999!99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Mine01

Talking about h4, most of my games of hce-h3 I end at the medium low spots, but on h4 I tend to finish with the most kills, is just that h4 is easier or what?

Booshka

Talking about h4, most of my games of hce-h3 I end at the medium low spots, but on h4 I tend to finish with the most kills, is just that h4 is easier or what?

It's easier, and a lot of players put way more time into the other games. Aim Assist, lack of Strafe, Player model size compared to World size, Shot registration, all make H4 easier online.

Halo 2 has more magnetism and aim assist than Halo 4, but the player models are smaller, player movement is better, strafing, ghandi hopping, and shot registration is worse.

-Ryn

Banned
ODST 2: Tentacles and Butthole Boogaloo
Yes yes and definitely yes. I'd really dig this.

Guys, guys it's a metaphor.
The character was a silent protagonist made for players to assume the role of and so by killing this character 343 is effectively killing the player and thus effectively killing the playerbase canonically.

halo is dead
long live halo
funny-gif-baby-face-mind-blown.gif

Tashi, front and center, this is your mother speaking:
Canon

If you guys fix it the way I hope, you may have something nice waiting for you the next time you're in Las Vegas :)

(IF You make momma happy;)
Oh my...

ended up animating an ODST-esque thing with one of my dudes who's pretty much his own personal drop pod:

Oc8fDSl.gif
I liked the little eyeball blink and the shooka shooka. Was a nice touch..

1. So many people seem to cant lead with the Halo 3 BR
(good good, the less people who can aim the better for my post game spread)

2. Now that parties are functioning I got hit with a reality brick on how necessary skill ranks are needed, got viciously steamrolled by parties in Team Hardcore today with randies.

1. So many people seem to cant lead with the Halo 3 BR
(good good, the less people who can aim the better for my post game spread)

2. Now that parties are functioning I got hit with a reality brick on how necessary skill ranks are needed, got viciously steamrolled by parties in Team Hardcore today with randies.

leading isn't the issue, i can lead fine. but the BR is still trash, hit-scan is so much better
maybe if the projectiles moved faster it would not be an issue

Even if Rookie is a shitty non-speaking avatar for the character, it still makes little sense for them to
kill him off in some book the majority of people probably aren't going to read or even know about. Hell I wouldn't have known if whoever had read the book posted it a few pages ago. But to me he's just like Noble Six, and I'm pretty sure all of us were bummed out with the "There'll be another time..." last level on Reach. They killed him off for the same reason Halsey supposedly had to lose an arm. Create some faux anger at hurting established characters. They need fans to be angry at the rebels/insurrectionists, so they thought let's just have them kill Rookie.

Looking at it from another angle.
Despite all the "not a character" slander, you can clearly an attachment was formed with the Rookie. If anything, that is a testament to a job well done for Bungie. They managed to get people to care about him without beating people over the head with unending cutscenes and verbal diarrhea.

Being the main character of an installment also set expectations for the future, as in, appearing in future games. Not being written off in a side piece.

Holy shit Halo 3 sucks ass

This BR is fucking turrible.

Aim acceleration, random spread, random bullet travel time even at point blank distance, and molasses-based movement? What could go wrong?

The real question is whether or not this is a new realization for you or you've known the entire time and just now got the courage to express your correct opinion.

Ramirez

BKs can't handle the GOAT, Halo 3.

Anyone playing Helldivers? Pretty amazing game...I never bothered playing the Halo twin stick shooter, but did it have MP of any kind? Microsoft could have a killer game on their hands if they copied this formula with the Halo skin.

Welfare

BKs can't handle the GOAT, Halo 3.

Anyone playing Helldivers? Pretty amazing game...I never bothered playing the Halo twin stick shooter, but did it have MP of any kind? Microsoft could have a killer game on their hands if they copied this formula with the Halo skin.

Spartan Assault had 2 player co-op on 5 unique missions.

Ramirez

Spartan Assault had 2 player co-op on 5 unique missions.

Whole game should be co-op, friendly fire on, tons of unlocks (steal all the Halo Wars shit), etc. I would play the shit out of it just because of the Halo skin.

Some goat if you still sold it lol

MCC? The Halo 3 port was terrible, the audio alone is game breaking for any type of serious play. I got a refund mainly because I didn't feel ok supporting such a broken product. I don't even think it's acceptable now, even if it is matching people up more quickly, it's still nothing close to what was promised.

Top Bottom