• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

jem0208

Controversial opinion ahead.

I think weapon* hit markers would go quite a long way to making 3 feel less like you're just shooting at thin air hoping for your shots connect.

They're unobtrusive and don't give anyone an unfair advantage. They're better than shield flare because they only show when you hit the target whereas shields flare for any damage taken. This removes any confusion caused in group firefights. They're also useful with long range potshots where shield flare may not be clear. Also in general I think they make shooting slightly more satisfying as you know when you're hitting your shots as opposed to just hoping.

*I'm not saying grenade hit markers.

Halo Reach Shield Flare > All
Why not both?

-Ryn

Banned
Controversial opinion ahead.

I think weapon* hit markers would go quite a long way to making 3 feel less like you're just shooting at thin air hoping for your shots connect.

They're unobtrusive and don't give anyone an unfair advantage. They're better than shield flare because they only show when you hit the target whereas shields flare for any damage taken. This removes any confusion caused in group firefights. They're also useful in long range potshots where shield flare may not be clear. Also on general I think they make shooting slightly more satisfying as you know when you're hurting your shots as opposed to just hoping.

*I'm not saying grenade hit markers.
Halo Reach Shield Flare > All

Leyasu

Banned
Wow my first time on post patch..

BTB players found quickly, definitely a local dedicated server... Beautiful

BTB second, a little longer search, dedicated server, but not in my region. Still got 20 kills so not the end of the world.

Third game, dedicated server again.. 1 flag headlong!!! Get in

Aim acceleration, random spread, random bullet travel time even at point blank distance, and molasses-based movement? What could go wrong?

The real question is whether or not this is a new realization for you or you've known the entire time and just now got the courage to express your correct opinion.

I just forget about it but then get sucked into a Halo 3 Team Slayer match on Cold Storage, which is obviously a formula for success.

And then I go into the Halo 2 playlist and get bunched up with a trio of player/guest/guest and we get clowned on 50-21. So I quit and went back to Breaking Bad.

twitterad8dca2-jpg.28409

Ghazi

Is it just me or does H2A feel and look kinda stiff, overall. I don't know how to describe it, but it feels kinda weird. I don't think it's the 60fps.

TheXbox

Is it just me or does H2A feel and look kinda stiff, overall. I don't know how to describe it, but it feels kinda weird. I don't think it's the 60fps.
Multiplayer or campaign? H2A multi is smooth as butter for me. It definitely looks kinda stiff on stream, but I've never had that problem playing it. I'd say it's even more fluid than Halo 2.

RowdyReverb

Yeap. My favourite big team map in Halo 3. Works in customs so I assume it's just bad luck... Blah :(
It used to not even work in customs. We tried several times in one of the early MCC Throwdowns and never got it to load. I wonder what it is about that map that causes problems

Haruko

I've had to pee for the last 3 matches but I give up my seat to the hundred people behind the barricades if I do, lol

#weback?

Computer

I tried to bump the HCS thread. Did not work. No one cares. This is some of the most exiting esports there is and cant get people to watch.

Tawpgun

My request has been answered. Strim didn't see it but Tashi went on main stage.

Tweet halo and bravo to put Tashi on main stage give people what they want

Akai__

TBH Halo is a pretty bad spectator sport.

I don't know man. I used to watch MLG H2 and H3 non-stop and so did roughly 100k others. H2A is just boring to watch.

Also, Golden Boy is loosing his shit at every little thing. Bring back Chris Pucket in my opinion.

Top Bottom