• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowdyReverb

Wow, BC didn't think it'd happen. Hope Halo Reach gets added.
I'd wager it's one of the first games available.
Curious about how the backwards compatibility works. Some sort of dynarec approach, I imagine.

Also curious why they did it - I imagine it's too late to be a selling point, at least enough of one to justify the cost of development.
Think of all those XBLA games just sitting in the wrong store.

Overdoziz

Banned
Singleplayer section didn't do much for me. Hopefully they're not going for the constant cinematic action like a lot of shooters do these days.

Singleplayer was a bit disappointing, but they really seemed like they were hurting for time, so I'ma hold on until more in-depth impressions. Hopefully it's not as scripted as it looked.

I have no earthly idea what Warzone is. Like, it's got a lot of stuff, and there were these red hunters? But other than that, totally in the dark.

-Ryn

Banned
Singleplayer was a bit disappointing, but they really seemed like they were hurting for time, so I'ma hold on until more in-depth impressions. Hopefully it's not as scripted as it looked.

I have no earthly idea what Warzone is. Like, it's got a lot of stuff, and there were these red hunters? But other than that, totally in the dark.
Yeah I'm... not sure what to feel about it. I don't hate the idea.
Will have to see that on the floor gameplay. Still though. Bigger player count.

"The Xbox Preview program lets players play games while they're still in development. After the resounding success that was Halo: The Master Chief Collection..."

Akai__

Singleplayer section didn't do much for me. Hopefully they're not going for the constant cinematic action like a lot of shooters do these days.

That running scene really didn't impress me. Looked like some QTE part.

Also, the amount of enemies was not that high. Probably for demo reasons, but it worries me.

Omni

I hope there's more Halo stuff.

Kinda underwhelming compared to everything else >.> The campaign snippet looked like something you'd find in a CoD game. And I don't mean that in a bad way... it was just kinda dull. Too scripted and linear. Halo has always been about those big expansive environments.

Well. At one point it was.

HYPE

demolished lol

I'm not going to hunt for breadcrumb bits of information from the show floor and I feel like I would need to in order to find out what war zone is. I'm going to assume it's similar to titanfall and the random ai in that was a big negative for me so I'm really not excited

I'm hoping 343 does a proper reveal at some point and I hope my assumptions are wrong

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I hope there's more Halo stuff.

Kinda underwhelming compared to everything else >.> The campaign snippet looked like something you'd find in a CoD game. And I don't mean that in a bad way... it was just kinda dull. Too scripted and linear. Halo has always been about those big expansive environments.

Well. At one point it was.

Usually a very scripted COD demo opens the MS show.

Copy and paste Halo and voila.

Pity, in the montage there appears to be some interesting ideas and stuff happening, but hiding it behind that awful scripted nonsense is very disappointing. And no Chief?

Minimal expectations set for Halo 5 this E3 and I'm disappointed already.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
For a sec I thought Warzone was some type of large-scale Firefight mode.

If you suck at MP you can sneak around the periphery fighting covenant and prometheans and helping fight bosses. And contribute to team scorer, level and weapons and vehicle unlocks

dwells

So that's three demos that have ended the same way - Halo, DOOM, and Gears of War have all had the same gameplay demo formula that ends with big bad guy attacking main character and cut to black.

dwells

No Halo on backwards list.
BOOO I want to play Reach

Halo 5 demo was really COD. MP want to play though.
Can't say I'm surprised - would've been pretty embarrassing to have free backwards compatibility that works better than the $60 Master Chief Collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom