• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

Very solid, 8 or 9 out of 10.

Backwards compatibility is huge, new controller is awesome, Fallout 4 mods is fucking AWESOME, Rare Replay is awesome and Warzone looks sweet.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Disappointing. Thats all I can think.

Scripted nonsense. Montage. Here's a new mode. Meaningless montage.

Terrible.

"Halo 5 is the biggest most ambitious PR thing ever!"
*Shows off scripted corridors"

AlStrong

No Halo on backwards list.
BOOO I want to play Reach

Eventually?
F2oA5Mk.png

willow ve

Campaign demo looked like the "intro to spartan abilities" level teaching players to use everything they can do. Sprint (check) clamber (check) thrust (check) ground pound (check). Only thing missing was the overlay text prompting the player to do each of those activities (assume that it's in the actual game and this was just a demo of the tutorial level).

Overdoziz

Banned
Very solid, 8 or 9 out of 10.

Backwards compatibility is huge, new controller is awesome, Fallout 4 mods is fucking AWESOME, Rare Replay is awesome and Warzone looks sweet.
I can't see mods for Fallout 4 working in any kind of decent fashion. At best I'd expect some pre-approved, fairly simple mods.

belushy

Banned
I've been left quite thoroughly impressed.

Froze for me right as he was saying that, what did he say exactly?

Can't remember exactly, but I thought she said "our first Halo game" or something along those lines.

edit: First half of the conference was decent, rest was pretty slow after the bc announcement.

Brojito

Neo Member
Campaign snippet was scripted nonsense, not exciting at all. Also reminded me of how much I hate 343's redesigns.

Honestly, Warzone mode looks like fun. In a total clusterfuck chaos sorta way, but that's always what made BTB kinda fun, at least for me. But there's no way to judge, it was just a montage scene.

The only thing I'm still skeptical about is how they're going to provide all these kind of different multiplayer experiences in one game. I mean surely Warzone is going to require it's own maps that are just for warzone, with its own scripts and everything. Plus the regular arena modes, and whatever else they haven't showed yet.

Welfare

I'll be honest, that campaign showing was alright. The graphics and setting were AMAZING, but everything else was, eh. That new Covie weapon looks cool, but I guess I was expecting more.

Warzone looks like the evolution of Firefight, and as long as it doesn't replace BTB, I think it'll be a cool addition.

daedalius

So there is a Promethean flyer in the campaign demo. Looks like you get to fly it and attack a Guardian as well.

Dunno, I thought the campaign stuff looked pretty great.

To be honest, I was pretty underwhelmed with Halo 5's showing so far. I'm sure there will be more this week/month with GI, but after all the hype of Hunt the Truth and whatnot, I'm surprised there was not more.

That said, I'm interested in hearing more about Warzone. Usually i'm a Competitive 4v4 type player, but this could be very fun if it comes out right.

TheXbox

"the covenant is finally breaking"

Fuck off, Locke, I played Halo 3.

Anyway. Campaign demo was pretty linear, but if I remember right the Halo 4 demo was as well. It ended up being almost completely different in the final version. Hopefully the scripted shit is just for show.

dwells

"the covenant is finally breaking"

Fuck off, Locke, I played Halo 3.

Anyway. Campaign demo was pretty linear, but if I remember right the Halo 4 demo was as well. It ended up being almost completely different in the final version. Hopefully the scripted shit is just for show.
Am I the only who finds his voice acting to be jarringly bad? It was better in that footage than it was in the H2A Blur cutscenes, but it's still easily the weakest of the whole cast.

It kinda bounced like a conc rifle/brute shot too? Seems like a pretty awesome new weapon.
Yeah, might be closer to that than the GL, but the Bow alternate fire was sickk. Hopefully it can stick to walls.

It probably won't be this way, but Smart Scope for Bow and hipfire/hold RT for GL properties would be nice.

Halo 5's story is very secretive this far into the franchise, so I'm not too surprised they aren't showing a lot. From what we saw, it looks beautiful though!

The Warzone announcement was a total swing and a miss. I learned really nothing from the showing. However, the snippets of gameplay looked beautiful and smooth.

Hopefully we will see more of it this week.

daedalius

E3 showing further cemented my thoughts that 343 doesn't understand what got people interested in Halo in the first place.

What was it that got people interested in the first place?

Cuz... I was pretty interested in everything. And I've been playing since CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom