• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

Boltshot is like a 2 shot burst that has some tracking.

They showed it in the warzone footage.

What do they mean with "bosses"?

Big mean MOBA baddies you fight to take control of objectives apparently. Worth points.

Legendary bosses are worth more points.

5v5 mantis fights, lawd

kosmologi

The graphics look like 343i have had to make some serious sacrifices to achieve 60 fps. The textures look horrible. I would have been totally fine with 30 fps in the campaign if that meant better graphics and wider fov.

Felt a little underwhelming, but that is expected after the impossibly high standards Bethesda set last night.

Campaign seems interesting, although I didn't get a good feel of it from the amount shown. Kind of glad of that though because I still feel in the dark about what's going on.

Warzone rubbed me an odd way, but I'll wait for some actual details before judging it. It has a lot of potential to be a great addition to Halo. Also, glad it's not replacing BTB.

daedalius

Elites with 100x overshields? Huge prometheans? Vehicles?

Eh probably something like that.

In the warzone footage it was like a buffed up hunter they were fighting.

So Frankie, is there any lore conceit for spartan bases in Warzone being protected by red and blue versions of Covenant and Prometheans? :p

Omni

Game looks so inconsistent visually.

Obviously not the final product so I'm not too worried. But it's a bit jarring to see screenshots looking like that in 2015. Pre-release or not.

Impala26

Halo 5 campaign demo was... predictable.

But that's not a bad thing as I don't think it gave away too terribly much what's going on. Tease, but don't SHOW everything outright. I will say I was getting god damned chills hearing Fillion's voice acting again. Dwells is right, he may just outshine Colter in this... something I won't be upset about :p

Really pumped for Warzone. Halo BTB really needed this shot of adrenaline to the thigh. AI enemies together with two teams of twelve? Vehicles galore? Explosions everywhere? Yes please.

Fotos

I dunno, these graphics don't look as bad as y'all are saying.

That looks horrible. I never get mad about graphics because I care more about the game itself but this is ridiculous. How is it that Halo 3 looks better than Halo 5? The detail in graphics in H4 were terrible but I just assumed it was because it was on old hardware but I guess that's just how it looks because it looks the same if not worse in H5. Ridiculous.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
anyone else disappointed in Halo showing?

it didn't feel like a highlight of the show. As it should have. The demo was just alright. Music wasn't Halo at all. And no MC side of gameplay.

I don't know, I am little underwhelmed. I know the game is still going to be amazing, but I expected a lot from the E3 demo.

Btw, Warzone looked good. But I am still confused. Is this going to be another gametype like Firefight or Spartan Ops. Or this is just one of the gamemode in the MP?

daedalius

That looks horrible. I never get mad about graphics because I care more about the game itself but this is ridiculous. How is it that Halo 3 looks better than Halo 5? The detail in graphics in H4 were terrible but I just assumed it was because it was on old hardware but I guess that's just how it looks because it looks the same if not worse in H5. Ridiculous.

wut

tootsi666

anyone else disappointed in Halo showing?

it didn't feel like a highlight of the show. As it should have. The demo was just alright. Music wasn't Halo at all. And no MC side of gameplay.

I don't know, I am little underwhelmed. I know the game is still going to be amazing, but I expected a lot from the E3 demo.

Btw, Warzone looked good. But I am still confused. Is this going to be another gametype like Firefight or Spartan Ops. Or this is just one of the gamemode in the MP?
Yeah. It was good but nothing came even close to blowing my mind.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Youtube@E3 will be hosting Josh and co next to talk Halo.

Incase you missed IGN. Should be plenty of new Warzone footage based on what they showed on IGN.

Haven't watched the footage yet.

Was hoping for some MCC talk like Sony did when PSN went down. Wanted Reach DLC, ODST FF, and free with gold. Want MCC to be the game it was promised to be and those things would help the player count. Still need to get the playlist game types done right. BR starts in all ranked playlists.

Surprised there was no Halo Wars 2. Would have been a cool teaser at the end of BC if they had demoed the first game.

nillapuddin

aiY27PA.png

Campaign footage was kinda underwhelming. It looked cool, but really an odd choice for an E3 demo.

Warzone looked flippin' fantastic, though. Can't wait to try that out.

People were right about map count. Split between arena, btb, warzone, forge, and breakout.

Will Warzone replace spops or ff? Will we get ff this time?

what am i looking at

Frankie said everyone starts evenly. You'll unlock weapons/vehicles throughout the match for year team while taking out bosses and what not.

My guess is you go up to a requisition station that you unlocked and pick weapons during the game, rather than getting to spawn with different stuff initially.

Nowise10

I don't really mind. All out warfare like that is basically designed for loadouts and equipment and such. As long as Arena multiplayer is clean, I'm all for it.

edit* EXCEPT FOR PLASMA PISTOLS. It completely ruins vehicle gameplay in Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom