• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Seriously though:

Fall of Reach caaartooooooooon! Yes! Stoked.

Did we even get an inkling about it besides finding out when the pre-order bonuses were revealed? Kept the series under wraps. Can't wait to see how they reconcile the story, explain the origins of Chief and Blue Team, their training.

link1201

Did we even get an inkling about it besides finding out when the pre-order bonuses were revealed? Kept the series under wraps. Can't wait to see how they reconcile the story, explain the origins of Chief and Blue Team, their training.

I believe the only thing besides it coming is some concept art. I do hope it is actually animated. I do not like motion comic stuff.

Trailer at SDCC, probably. Plus maybe an update on the Spielberg show (pls stinkles).

Madness

Just watched all 4 episodes of Sprint. Who wants to work in this industry man? Those guys spent months thinking about making that E3 demo, all that time worrying about lighting, sky boxes, how FlipYap the 'I regret everything' Grunt came too soon, and all for what? So a bunch of nerds could say hey that doesn't look all that impressive?

I mean even I'm giving grief for ADS and those guys are literally just spending days deciding how much the ammo counter should protrude on a plasma caster etc. Damn.

Just watched all 4 episodes of Sprint. Who wants to work in this industry man? Those guys spent months thinking about making that E3 demo, all that time worrying about lighting, sky boxes, how FlipYap the 'I regret everything' Grunt came too soon, and all for what? So a bunch of nerds could say hey that doesn't look all that impressive?

I mean even I'm giving grief for ADS and those guys are literally just spending days deciding how much the ammo counter should protrude on a plasma caster etc. Damn.

Just imagine how many days they agonised over whether to give the player a BR on Sandtrap or not.

jem0208

If you care about forge and community playlists/sharing of those maps/gametypes, watch this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0RkIP8Cq0U
H0lmb0m <3

It's ridiculous, they spend hundreds and hundreds of hours trying to develop the best game they can for us and then some random nerd says the game's shit and the devs are lazy assholes.

I don't think people should stop criticizing devs at all. However criticism should be constructive. Saying you dislike smartscope because you feel it's unnecessary and takes up too much screen real estate is fine. That's constructive and reasonable. However saying smart scope is literally the worst thing in the world and all the devs at 343 should be fired because of it is not the way to do it.

Sadly this is never going to change because of the anonymity of the Internet. In some ways I feel like connecting your Facebook account to all your forum accounts would almost make the Internet better.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I agree that patrolling enemy AI in Warzone sounds really cool. I'll trust in the Warzone team, but if they could figure out a way to make that work and have it be fun, I'd be stoked.

VinFTW

I'm sure this is a lot more complicated than I'm making it seem, but couldn't they essentially open Warzone maps for 4-8 player Firefight? Just litter the map with waves of AI enemies and Bosses in rounds, just add in scoring and include the REQ system?

It would be a pretty awesome and "simple" solution for lack of Firefight in H5.

Madness

It's ridiculous, they spend hundreds and hundreds of hours trying to develop the best game they can for us and then some random nerd says the game's shit and the devs are lazy assholes.

I don't think people should stop criticizing devs at all. However criticism should be constructive. Saying you dislike smartscope because you feel it's unnecessary and takes up too much screen real estate is fine. That's constructive and reasonable. However saying smart scope is literally the worst thing in the world and all the devs at 343 should be fired because of it is not the way to do it.

Sadly this is never going to change because of the anonymity of the Internet. In some ways I feel like connecting your Facebook account to all your forum accounts would almost make the Internet better.

It's not that. It's that I couldn't imagine spending that much time, thinking that 'oh I hope the fans love it as much as we hope they will' and then you see the reaction, even my own and it's like damn.

So many things we don't even care about some poor sap literally spent hours in meetings, having discussions about whether this red stripe should be added to this tier weapon, this breakable door shouldn't be opaque etc. Just crazy.

I couldn't ever do any sort of creation type job in the industry. I'd take it personally if I created something, spent hours on it, and no one ended up liking it or it went unnoticed. But that's the industry for you. A Bravo type job is much better. Just listen to their complaints, try to keep your cool and just shoot the shit with fans.

Madness

Yeah, I agree that patrolling enemy AI in Warzone sounds really cool. I'll trust in the Warzone team, but if they could figure out a way to make that work and have it be fun, I'd be stoked.

Double post, but that's what I was trying to get across to D'Ellis. Remember what it was like playing Halo 3 legendary and having a Brute Chieftain? He'd literally chase after you, you would be tense on what to do.

Imagine if in the middle of everything, beyond just the passive AI in the set areas, beyond the moving vehicle AI like Baron, half way during the match, they loaded in legendary difficulty AI like Elite General types loaded with fuel rod guns or swords. They choose to go after the best players on each team. It adds a layer of tension that now there is this almost terminator style AI who will hunt me down somewhere on the field looking for me. It'll keep you on your toes etc.

A skin contest would be great. Just allow us to use transparencies so I can make:

mH077mO.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Double post, but that's what I was trying to get across to D'Ellis. Remember what it was like playing Halo 3 legendary and having a Brute Chieftain? He'd literally chase after you, you would be tense on what to do.

Imagine if in the middle of everything, beyond just the passive AI in the set areas, beyond the moving vehicle AI like Baron, half way during the match, they loaded in legendary difficulty AI like Elite General types loaded with fuel rod guns or swords. They choose to go after the best players on each team. It adds a layer of tension that now there is this almost terminator style AI who will hunt me down somewhere on the field looking for me. It'll keep you on your toes etc.
Yup, that'd be so awesome. Perhaps they could reduce the potential of it feeling cheap by making it VERY obvious that a homicidal mega-aggressive boss is spawning on the map. Like, an on-screen notification, waypoint, etc. The spawn should come suddenly and unexpectedly, but it should be obvious when it happens. That way someone can't cry when they get hammer'd across the map.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Wahrer, you're gonna need to go back to the drawing board with that one... Looks like it'd fit better in something like Jet Force Gemini or something.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

For the "bunch of nerds" who say it doesn't look all that impressive there are wayyy more who are super excited about the game, and are dying to play it. I was, and still am one of those fans.

daedalius

For the "bunch of nerds" who say it doesn't look all that impressive there are wayyy more who are super excited about the game, and are dying to play it. I was, and still am one of those fans.

More of those people need to post rather than negative nancies; but alas, that will never be the case.

They do, we've seen great support from the Halo community this week, and it's greatly appreciated.

Watched the Sprint this morning. When Sparth and the other people were debating on whether it was possible to change the blamite crystals' colour for a different tier of the Needler I started screaming inside. You can't DO that. Pre order cancelled if they did.
(I didn't preorder... yet...)

jem0208

Watched the Sprint this morning. When Sparth and the other people were debating on whether it was possible to change the blamite crystals' colour for a different tier of the Needler I started screaming inside. You can't DO that. Pre order cancelled if they did.
There should be a legendary Needler which shoots rainbow coloured needles.

You'll see someone explode into a rainbow coloured cloud of death and you'll scream into your mic "OH SHIT, HE'S GOT FLIPYAP'S NEEDLER!"

tootsi666

I would LOVE to try to evade blue plasma shots and then get needled to death because my opponent had a rare skin and I didn't realize they weren't plasma shots.
That wasn't their best idea.

PREACH IT

I want to work in the industry

Welfare

There should be a legendary Needler which shoots rainbow coloured needles.

You'll see someone explode into a rainbow coloured cloud of death and you'll scream into your mic "OH SHIT, HE'S GOT FLIPYAP'S NEEDLER!"

YES please that would be glorious.

nomis

I would LOVE to try to evade blue plasma shots and then get needled to death because my opponent had a rare skin and I didn't realize they weren't plasma shots.
That wasn't their best idea.

Maybe that deception is a main benefit of it being legendary?

What I don't understand is how so many people on NeoGaf lack the understanding of how E3 demos work. They're usually pretty linear due to time constraints/presentation. Seems like most people on here should know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom