• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to ask if anyone knows if there is there a link to that Rooster Teeth interview anywhere...

I've been looking for it, no luck. I think if there was an archive someone more diligent than me on reddit would have posted it by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6W5OaavH98

Watching Flamesword's gameplay and the DMR is absolutely going to wreck face in War Zone. The bloom is pretty low and the rate of fire high, seems like it's more of a hand held Death Star than it was before. Rockets track aircracft once again, not really surprising considering Banshee bombs track other aircraft too.

Madness

Can anyone who's played the game now, confirm that the faux flinch from beta is gone? The animation that, while keeping your reticle centered, shook the screen to mimic flinch as you're being shot?

I swear I noticed it a few times in the new Sprint episodes so I'm thinking that was probably an old build.

Can anyone who's played the game now, confirm that the faux flinch from beta is gone? The animation that, while keeping your reticle centered, shook the screen to mimic flinch as you're being shot?

I swear I noticed it a few times in the new Sprint episodes so I'm thinking that was probably an old build.

I would like to know this as well.

tootsi666

Yeah, that was horrible

Ramirez

I've been looking for it, no luck. I think if there was an archive someone more diligent than me on reddit would have posted it by now.

Watching Flamesword's gameplay and the DMR is absolutely going to wreck face in War Zone. The bloom is pretty low and the rate of fire high, seems likes it's more of a hand held Death Star than it was before. Rockets track aircracft once again, not really surprising considering Banshee bombs track other aircraft too.

The AI looks completely brain dead in every video I've seen, just like TF. Not sold on this mode yet...

link1201

Watching Flamesword's gameplay and the DMR is absolutely going to wreck face in War Zone. The bloom is pretty low and the rate of fire high, seems likes it's more of a hand held Death Star than it was before. Rockets track aircracft once again, not really surprising considering Banshee bombs track other aircraft too.

I am really digging the more cartoony medals. I hope they keep going in that direction for the final build.

zychi

Banned
Just got an Xbox One and I'm keen to play through Halo 1-3 again plus play 4 for the first time. Do any online retailers sell a code for the MCC?
Try ebay. I sold my code on there for $25 probably get it cheaper than the xbox store too. Im sure som gaffers may have it too.

I'm still pissed at 343 over mcc but I may try and go through the campaigns on legendary since im borrowing the game currently. Id love to get a group together

I miss when getting a medal actually was slightly rewarding back in h2. Now you're buried in them.

Ew those marine ai...even the boss almost did literally nothing

-Ryn

Banned
The AI looks completely brain dead in every video I've seen, just like TF. Not sold on this mode yet...
Number one worry for this mode personally.
Not having them come after you into areas to avoid frustrating deaths out of nowhere is fair enough but if the enemy isn't fun to fight in the first place, why bother having them at all? At the least, make them more mobile so they're a bit harder to hit. As they are now they're not much more than target practice.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm curious to see how many players actually go after the AI. And if they do, will it add to or detract from the excitement of the match? Will the AI end up acting as mini objectives to fight over, or distractions from the PvP core? From the footage I've seen the AI look really dull, so the only reason I see people bothering with them is for points. As opposed as to attacking them cause it's fun.

RowdyReverb

I guess they have to gear the enemy AI to be appropriate for the lowest common denominator players. Imagine how frustrated you'd be if you weren't good at Halo and kept getting killed by creeps in addition to everyone else.

Stinkles said they're there for poor players to still participate and score points for their team. If you're looking for a challenge, hunt the most dangerous game of all.

I worked on one of the campaign missions and moved over to Warzone when I finished that. It's been a real pleasure working on Warzone as the mode had come together. Look forward to more of you getting a chance to play it at launch. But there's still plenty of work and tuning to do before then. 😊

Beta confirmed.

Also has anyone had a chance to mess with that elite controller? I already have a scuf with all the toys on it. Looking for impressions of the elite though since it apparently has better parts (・ω・)

-Ryn

Banned
I guess they have to gear the enemy AI to be appropriate for the lowest common denominator players. Imagine how frustrated you'd be if you weren't good at Halo and kept getting killed by creeps in addition to everyone else.

Stinkles said they're there for poor players to still participate and score points for their team. If you're looking for a challenge, hunt the most dangerous game of all.
You could still balance that out by making different ranks of enemy troops have more sophisticated AI. Bosses and high ranking enemies for example should be interesting to fight since they are stronger and will thus last longer in battle. The longer an enemy is alive, the more obvious its flaws are going to become.

Much weaker enemies like grunts and jackals can get away with shitty AI but not enemies like high ranked Elites or Knights.

nillapuddin

Current timeline.

Graduated college with a degree in web technology, spend a year in SF, come back to FL end up owning /operating a wood floor sales/installation company, crave forge details like a junkie even though I barely have the time for it.

Alternate timeline.

I skip my college finals 3 years ago, accept 343 invitation to come see forge pre-release, blow them away with my ability to uncreatively build highly efficient remakes of maps that literally dozens of people crave to play on, get hired as a "master builder"
(what great canonically related name amirite)
and spend 16 hours a day coming up with revolutionary ways to use the next-gen Brace, Large.

I have deep regrets in life.

RowdyReverb

Anyone up for MCC? I'm playing the Gears beta and getting my ass handed to me. Never played Gears back in the day, so it's a learning experience.

JDHarbs

Current timeline.

Graduated college with a degree in web technology, spend a year in SF, come back to FL end up owning /operating a wood floor sales/installation company, crave forge details like a junkie even though I barely have the time for it.

Alternate timeline.

I skip my college finals 3 years ago, accept 343 invitation to come see forge pre-release, blow them away with my ability to uncreatively build highly efficient remakes of maps that literally dozens of people crave to play on, get hired as a "master builder"
(what great canonically related name amirite)
and spend 16 hours a day coming up with revolutionary ways to use the next-gen Brace, Large.

I have deep regrets in life.
"Literally dozens"? For shame, nilla. Do you remember those Reach download numbers? Hundreds, baby!

Most of my teammates in Halo are completely brain dead so it makes sense.

Really though I'm curious what Promethean soldiers fight like, in Warzone they seem wholly uninteresting to fight, they just stand still and shoot, though they're probably not actually like that in campaign.

Ghazi

Such is life as a birch

Poor Ghazi, first he's left out of HGS, and now RH has abandoned him.

regen.gif

nillapuddin

"Literally dozens"? For shame, nilla. Do you remember those Reach download numbers? Hundreds, baby!
Lol

http://www.forgehub.com/threads/hematoma-v2.109191/

The good times, back then I felt like such a badass, it's funny though, through its multiple revisions it got around 40k downloads iirc.

It wasn't easy making 38,000 alt accounts to download it, but I did.

Edit: Now I'm stuck googling my old forgehub posts, they are so bad, I hate growing old in the internet age, every ounce of awkward is preserved for eternity.

Deception

I really hope 343 has a limit of how many types of vehicles can be on the map at one time in Warzone ala Call of duty with helicopters and such. It would kill the mode if one team had 7 mantises and just dominated.

I really hope 343 has a limit of how many types of vehicles can be on the map at one time in Warzone ala Call of duty with helicopters and such. It would kill the mode if one team had 7 mantises and just dominated.

Remember that earning resources was streamlined in the E3 gameplay, so while you may have seen 3 people on a team with their own Mantis that might not happen in the final game. I sure as hell hope there won't be a lot of people in vehicles like that.

ElRenoRaven

Wow. Didn't even know the sprint episodes were out already. Just got done watching them. I have to say this is some great stuff. I just love seeing the behind the scenes of the making of the game.

I really do hope there are more of these the closer we get to release.

I'm sure this is a lot more complicated than I'm making it seem, but couldn't they essentially open Warzone maps for 4-8 player Firefight? Just litter the map with waves of AI enemies and Bosses in rounds, just add in scoring and include the REQ system?

It would be a pretty awesome and "simple" solution for lack of Firefight in H5.

This Plz.

Also, about AI. I guess a problem of it is even if the AI is on legendary settings, they are still going to get pummelled by numerous players most if the time. They just won't last.

Perhaps they will tune up the AI for Hardcore Warzone or something.

Ramirez

What's left to sell at this point, so far it doesn't look like your cup of tea I doubt they have any tricks in their bag that'll make you reconsider.

Frankie said the AI ranged from easy to Dark Souls, maybe I'm looking for the harder encounters?

I'll also actually play the mode before passing final judgement, so your post is um...something.

I'm sure this is a lot more complicated than I'm making it seem, but couldn't they essentially open Warzone maps for 4-8 player Firefight? Just litter the map with waves of AI enemies and Bosses in rounds, just add in scoring and include the REQ system?

It would be a pretty awesome and "simple" solution for lack of Firefight in H5.

I'm not going to pretend to be knowledgeable of the systems they have running in Warzone, but yeah, it definitely seems plausible to get Firefight running as a sub-gametype with a bit of tweaking. If you just take out one team you're already more or less looking at something very similar to Firefight right there, granted you'd still need a fair bit of work to get it all the way.

Centurionomegai

Unconfirmed Member
Lol

http://www.forgehub.com/threads/hematoma-v2.109191/

The good times, back then I felt like such a badass, it's funny though, through its multiple revisions it got around 40k downloads iirc.

It wasn't easy making 38,000 alt accounts to download it, but I did.

Edit: Now I'm stuck googling my old forgehub posts, they are so bad, I hate growing old in the internet age, every ounce of awkward is preserved for eternity.

Well this is awkward, as I created about 2000 alt accounts to help out with that...

Man, I find myself salivating over new forge details too, and I couldn't even get enough time to touch MCC Forge. Sad days man. Still looking forward to H5 though.

So why are the AI marines not doing anything like shooting at the enemy team? Hopefully this is not as intended, it shouldnt be a shooting gallery to kill the marines by simply walking into the building blindly

TBLFordy

Banned
Just when I thought I was out.....they pull me back in.....

Damn you Stinkles and 343. New console arrives mid next week and MCC is sitting in the shrink wrap in the living room waiting......

It's a goddamned addiction.......

AlStrong

Where is that from? It could be the E3 demos name

mm... 2015-06-09 would make sense. #huntthetooth

2024 anniversary reveal

So why are the AI marines not doing anything like shooting at the enemy team? Hopefully this is not as intended, it shouldnt be a shooting gallery to kill the marines by simply walking into the building blindly

Unfinished/WIP maybe?

Or they're just scrubs. ;)

--------------

i2MuecZN6arOl.gif

Well, not quite what I was expecting when searching for a gif of Kat's butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom