• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay Lyphen, you punk, that is an amazing score : ).

Out of curiosity, can I do a head count, how many HaloGaf people are getting SSX?

Yeah im curious about this aswell, the game seems like its made by having people to compete with. On the other hand if there's not many people doing that the game would lose longevity fast. If it was Halo I wouldn't be worried because my whole friends list would be posting scores.

I'll get in on this.

iiIxM.png

Also,

IdPam.png

Do I get to have an opinion?

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and they tend to stink.

I was doodling in class today and came up with this for an idea for the focus rifle/laser hybrid: the Gravity Rifle!

APG0d.png

Any ideas for colors?

It takes a second (not literally, I'm not sure what the charge time would be) to get the charger spinning, and then it starts firing out a beam of plasma. You can do up to five seconds of sustained fire before it overheats; you only have about thirty seconds or so of fire. As for vehicles, it works similar to the scarab's beam but with EMP properties--it wrecks their hardware, and also has significant blowback properties. If you're grounded it's not too big of an issue, but if you're in something floaty like a Mongoose, you'll get EMP'd and then start getting tossed around. It takes about three seconds to kill a light vehicle, and the complete five to destroy something like a tank. Aerial units are inbetween, but are naturally harder to kill with it because while it EMPs them, they're now a dropping target with a ton of intertia.

The blowback affects you, too: if you jump and shoot it, you'll be pushed back a bit. Meaning while you can do mini-grenade jumps (albeit with ridiculous splash damage to yourself) to it, you can also propel yourself off edges if you're not careful. However, blowback would not only wreck jetpackers (EMP + pushing them off the edges of maps or just plain trapping them), but allow for some interesting use cooperatively, like using it to get to elevated places in campaign.

It should be noted it's only a vehicle/shield destroyer, though. It would take about ten seconds of sustained fire to completely kill a normally-shielded target, which is impossible. And since it blows you and them back, it's very difficult to spam grav beams and melee. It will blind targets if you shoot them in the head, much like the beta Focus Rifle. However, due to the power of the weapon, there are two major problems: it's very, very noticeable (due to a large, scarab-like beam, and due to the sound--think the Locusts from Halo Wars, but with some deeper tones in there, like the AA guns) and you have to be careful not to EMP allies or knock your teammates off edges. I think I might do an animation detailing most of its features at some point.

Homeboyd

I was doodling in class today and came up with this for an idea for the focus rifle/laser hybrid: the Gravity Rifle!

http://i.imgur.com/APG0d.png[IMG]

Any ideas for colors?

It takes a second (not literally, I'm not sure what the charge time would be) to get the charger spinning, and then it starts firing out a beam of plasma. You can do up to five seconds of sustained fire before it overheats; you only have about thirty seconds or so of fire. As for vehicles, it works similar to the scarab's beam but with EMP properties--it wrecks their hardware, and also has significant blowback properties. If you're grounded it's not too big of an issue, but if you're in something floaty like a Mongoose, you'll get EMP'd and then start getting tossed around. It takes about three seconds to kill a light vehicle, and the complete five to destroy something like a tank. Aerial units are inbetween, but are naturally harder to kill with it because while it EMPs them, they're now a dropping target with a ton of intertia.

The blowback affects you, too: if you jump and shoot it, you'll be pushed back a bit. Meaning while you can do mini-grenade jumps (albeit with ridiculous splash damage to yourself) to it, you can also propel yourself off edges if you're not careful. However, blowback would not only wreck jetpackers (EMP + pushing them off the edges of maps or just plain trapping them), but allow for some interesting use cooperatively, like using it to get to elevated places in campaign.

It should be noted it's [i]only[/i] a vehicle/shield destroyer, though. It would take about ten seconds of sustained fire to completely kill a normally-shielded target, which is impossible. And since it blows you and them back, it's very difficult to spam grav beams and melee. It [i]will[/i] blind targets if you shoot them in the head, much like the beta Focus Rifle. However, due to the power of the weapon, there are two major problems: it's very, [i]very[/i] noticeable (due to a large, scarab-like beam, and due to the sound--think the Locusts from Halo Wars, but with some deeper tones in there, like the AA guns) and you have to be careful not to EMP allies or knock your teammates off edges. I think I might do an animation detailing most of its features at some point.[/QUOTE]
Very cool man. More of this please.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yeah im curious about this aswell, the game seems like its made by having people to compete with. On the other hand if there's not many people doing that the game would lose longevity fast. If it was Halo I wouldn't be worried because my whole friends list would be posting scores.
I probably will, since there are good pre-order deals and I've been wanting to trade in my physical copy of Reach anyway. Still on the fence because it's an EA Sports game, and I always fear for server closures. Hopefuly it's like Burnout Paradise, which is still running after 4 years (wish that wasn't a surprising thing).

I probably will, since there are good pre-order deals and I've been wanting to trade in my physical copy of Reach anyway. Still on the fence because it's an EA Sports game, and I always fear for server closures. Hopefuly it's like Burnout Paradise, which is still running after 4 years (wish that wasn't a surprising thing).

I'm coming for your score tomorrow! Also did you know toys r us is selling the game for 45 dollars? Check out the website (that is if your American).

Found these posted on another site, Are these the ones we discussed a week or two ago?:

I can't recall a discussion but I know these are confirmed fake (the second one is quite obvious). Though I can remember some guys on here making these fake screenshots with the crysis engine. (Halo 4 follower even posted them in his video :lol)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm sure I'll remember Halo 4 because of how awesome it'll be but also because of its shitty marketing campaign.

I am prepared to do a weeklong banbet that says you will eat your words. Of course, SexyLadyGaf would miss me, and you would need to cooperate objectively and honestly, but I am still quite confident in what I know, and your veracity as a gentleman. And as you noted, albeit derisively, it hasn't started yet.

Striker

Only thing I liked better about Y Button over Active Roster is being able to still invite guys after you're locked in a game/search. With Active Roster you got to bring up the awful Guide which is in itself awfully slow at times.

I guess it also allowed sending messages at a much faster pace.

I am prepared to do a weeklong banbet that says you will eat your words. Of course, SexyLadyGaf would miss me, and you would need to cooperate objectively and honestly, but I am still quite confident in what I know, and your veracity as a gentleman. And as you noted, albeit derisively, it hasn't started yet.

If you say its gonna be good Ill believe you. Still doesn't ease the pain of waiting right now though.

While I obviously have no clue how the advertising campaign will go, I am looking forward to the possibility of a live action ad with MC. If done right it would kick some serious ass it terms of awesome and epic.

Only thing I liked better about Y Button over Active Roster is being able to still invite guys after you're locked in a game/search. With Active Roster you got to bring up the awful Guide which is in itself awfully slow at times.

I guess it also allowed sending messages at a much faster pace.

I think it would be cool if Active Roster would appear the way it is now, but if you are already searching/in a game, you could press Y to pull up the Active Roster.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If you say its gonna be good Ill believe you. Still doesn't ease the pain of waiting right now though.

While I obviously have no clue how the advertising campaign will go, I am looking forward to the possibility of a live action ad with MC. If done right it would kick some serious ass it terms of awesome and epic.

Have you seen the Reach live action commercial? I don't know if you guys liked it, but I thought it was fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRlWLDWhGI&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dhalo%2Breach%2Blive%2Baction%2Bcommercial%253B%26oq%3Dhalo%2Breach%2Blive%2Baction%2Bcommercial%253B%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3D%26aql%3D%26gs_sm%3D3%26gs_upl%3D192l469l0l640l5l2l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0

Overdoziz

Banned
I too am excited what we will see on the 5th of March.

I don't quite understand why some you guys are getting upset over information, you know it's coming sooner or later, if anything, marketing will make you want the game to a greater degree, so it's probably better if it gets started at a later date.

Just have some patience people, and also think of the guys waiting for Half Life 3 information, that must be a living hell.

I don't quite understand why some you guys are getting upset over information, you know it's coming sooner or later, if anything, marketing will want to make you want the game to greater degree, so it's probably better if it gets started at a later date.

Just have some patience people, and also think of the guys waiting for Half Life 3 information, that must be a living hell.
The waiting for both games compound each other and it's worse overall. :*(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't quite understand why some you guys are getting upset over information, you know it's coming sooner or later, if anything, marketing will make you want the game to a greater degree, so it's probably better if it gets started at a later date.

Yea but Half Life sucks

Homeboyd

While those are well and good.. all I care to see is the game. Don't care about live action and all the money they spend on it, fancy trailers and hiring John Williams to do the composition, etc...

A 5 minute MM match would work just fine. A 5 minute demo of a Campaign level/FF/whatever else would work just fine.

Looking fordward to what you guys have been cooking all this time, I just wanted to express my feelings about H4's marketing campaing in regards to what we have already seen, which isn't sadly much :/

There are lots of competent people in the team and they'll sure deliver an awesome product, but again... too much wait.

Speaking of eating my own words, I'd have pissed myself if Madonna showed up on stage rocking one of these cheap master chief helmets, such a wasted opportunity :lol

FyreWulff

*Matchmaking

*In an alpha build

Are they even trying?

The vast majority of these fakes show that a lot of people don't understand UI design. Why Matchmaking and Theater at the top level? That makes no sense, Theater isn't THAT big a feature that it needs billing at the top level. Reach's makes sense, Campaign gets top billing (since the majority of the Halo playerbase is playing just that) then you drill down to the rest of the features. Halo 3 was very much the same, campaign got top billing then everything else was a secondary option.

More people need to get their menu flow learnin' on

The vast majority of these fakes show that a lot of people don't understand UI design. Why Matchmaking and Theater at the top level? That makes no sense, Theater isn't THAT big a feature that it needs billing at the top level. Reach's makes sense, Campaign gets top billing (since the majority of the Halo playerbase is playing just that) then you drill down to the rest of the features. Halo 3 was very much the same, campaign got top billing then everything else was a secondary option.

More people need to get their menu flow learnin' on

Big gripe with me aswell, I should make more fakes. But im working on something else much more substantial right now.

Ad was amazingly done, then Microsoft Spain or whoever runs this things played a 5 seconds take of Kat running in slow-mo. Pretty disgusting given how good they got the 3 one.

Female Spartan?

:lol

Homeboyd

Am I the only one that doesn't care for the live action Halo commercials?

While those are well and good.. all I care to see is the game. Don't care about live action and all the money they spend on it, fancy trailers and hiring John Williams to do the composition, etc...

A 5 minute MM match would work just fine. A 5 minute demo of a Campaign level/FF/whatever else would work just fine.

Well, if your going to be like that.
lol.. I kid

I'm just bitter about the e-bullying I've had to deal with today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom