• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

I bet there's more posts about the SSX demo here than on its proper thread.

I'm going to act like an entitled nitwit for a second, but if they're not showing the game off at the MS showcase, then implying that the date is closer & closer is a real drag.
They haven't confirmed Halo 4's absence from the MS Showcase.

Homeboyd

Beat you. Got like 2:04.

Yeah, well I hate you.

:(

Who's that handsome devil with a far more respectable, moreso than it was yesterday, 7.9 million in Trick?

:p (I'm leaving it there. Great game but not my kinda game)

Nah you cant leave it just yet, I posted a new score you gotta beat. :p

I bet there's more posts about the SSX demo here than on its proper thread.

They haven't confirmed Halo 4's absence from the MS Showcase.

Its a real shame Halo sucks, hopefully soon enough Halo will be worth tallking about again.

Im really hoping we get that update tonight, I was looking forward to the audio talk.

I'm going to act like an entitled nitwit for a second, but if they're not showing the game off at the MS showcase, then implying that the date is closer & closer is a real drag.
Eh, if its not there Im under the impression we will see it just as soon, otherwise I imagine we would have our hopes crushed more aggressively. Still, this level of silence about when to expect news can be frustrating.

Funny thing about slow cookers though, if you leave it going too long your dinner ends up dried out.

That, or people just order take out and give up on a tasty dinner.

789shadow

Banned
Anyone else think Halo has gone too long without bots? Sometimes you just want to practice against them to learn maps, weapon placements, practice with weapons.......

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

:lol

And thought I'd point this thread out: Student and Teacher editions of Adobe software are at an extra 80% off. Really good deal.

Anyone else think Halo has gone too long without bots? Sometimes you just want to practice against them to learn maps, weapon placements, practice with weapons.......
When Halo CE first launched I was appalled that there weren't bots. That was after playing Perfect Dark non-stop for at least a year. Now... I can't say I really care. Might as well, I guess?

GhaleonEB

I disagree... to a degree.

Both the Live action stuff and the CGI stuff is some of the most stunning advertisement iv ever seen. As a gamer sure id love more in game stuff from the trailers and tv spots but when alot of people see this stuff they zone out, Give them live action or to a lesser extent High Quality CGI and its much more engaging for them.

This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81s9Ek9jAgg&hd=1

The Believe Campaign and Live Action ODST stuff is the most engaging halo advertisements iv seen, Its personal preference but still

I think those are great as pieces of art, and world building fiction. The 'behind the scenes' on the making of the Halo 3 diorama - an ad I hated - is actually my favorite live action piece made for the Halo games. They way they are showing us how much pure artistry went into the creation of it, documentary-style, while also setting it within the Halo fiction was just brilliant. The music (seriously, holy crap), the narration, the meta story telling...I've watched it more than any of the live action stuff released so far. We're talking of dozens of viewings over the years. And most of the live action has been fantastic.

But to get on my little soap box - *snip*

Nah. Let's not.

Nope, Bots AI would suck.

You can do all you said without them bar practice with weapons and you have firefight and campaign to test them

CyReN

I'm doing posters for MLG Columbus, I will be doing one with Frankie head and Master Chief (still thinking of others) if I can have his blessings<3

E9B70A18923501D1BE37EB8E6453A.jpg

Bots were probably considered long ago for Halo but the amount of AI that goes into making the Covenant behave in a realistic manner is staggering and continues to expand as the series goes on. I can't imagine resources being allocated away from something to work on multiplayer bots. I think it would have been 'too easy' for them to ship some bots that had decent pathfinding and whatnot but then what would happen on a map that's been altered by Forge? Realtime pathfinding would be incredibly straining I'd imagine. You probably couldn't play over Live with bots as a result.

I'm just pulling all sorts from my head atm :p Forgive the inaccuracies.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think it takes resources or something.

But seriously, it's very low on my list of priorities.

Ramirez

Bots were made irrelevant the moment you could take a FPS online, quit trying to regress the game! Split screen also needs to stay offline only, or at least limit it to 2 people online.

Pollux

Anyone online right now wanna team up for some matchmaking? I'm average at Halo so if anyone wants to...just let me know.

Bots were made irrelevant the moment you could take a FPS online, quit trying to regress the game! Split screen also needs to stay offline only, or at least limit it to 2 people online.

Can you imagine having Reach's 'friendly' A.I. doing flag runs on a hog? Not even flag runs, just driving the hog. Probably would do a better job than most players of the game these days :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Limiting splitscreen to one or two playlists in matchmaking is fine and in fact pretty fucking necessary, but removing it would be stupid. And definitely keep it for customs.

I really can't fathom the splitscreen hate amongst some of HaloGAF. Nearly all of my best gaming memories have been from local multiplayer. Removing guests from matchmaking would be a huge stab in the heart.

Limiting splitscreen to one or two playlists in matchmaking is fine and in fact pretty fucking necessary, but removing it would be stupid. And definitely keep it for customs.

I really can't fathom the splitscreen hate amongst some of HaloGAF. Nearly all of my best gaming memories have been from local multiplayer. Removing guests from matchmaking would be a huge stab in the heart.

Guests =/= Splitscreen

I think Truskill would benefit from a lack of guests. At the same time, multiple gold accounts on splitscreen would not interfere with it because it has the necessary date for each player.

(How are guests generally counted in Truskill stuff anyways?)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Guests =/= Splitscreen

I think Truskill would benefit from a lack of guests. At the same time, multiple gold accounts on splitscreen would not interfere with it because it has the necessary date for each player.

(How are guests generally counted in Truskill stuff anyways?)
Right, but I still think guests should stay in. Just limit them to a few playlists. Social Slayer, Social Objective, Living Dead, Action Sack... And yeah, that's about it.

God, I really miss Halo 3's Social / Ranked playlist dichotomy and numbered ranking system. So much better than this Arena shit.

Not really you can make bots way above any human level which increases the pace of which you progress through any skill gaps. I love cranking up the UT99 bots and getting shit on only to find myself two hours later being semi-competitive against them. Also I love the scaling option that sets them back and forth til you find your competitive level. Bots can be done.

Its just a DIFFERENT way of playing it not regressing really. Thats like saying turn based games were made irrelevent the moment they made real time strategy and thats not true its just a different game style. Though I doubt Bungie could program any intelligent AI (BURN)

Ramirez

I hate it because it ruins my gaming time. I paid for the game, the guests didn't.(and if they did they need to go home and play their copy on their own screen ;) ) I shouldn't have to put up with a match of me and 3 split screeners against a group of 4 people playing single, and yet it happens so very often. It's not fun either way you cut it, pooping on them is just as boring as me getting dumped on because they're on my team.

Tawpgun

What if they made it like in Gears.

Social playlists, drop in drop out. Bots play in your place.

BUT THEY AREN'T ALLOWED TO GET INTO DRIVERS SEATS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom