• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylej

Banned
Hating on David would be wrong, if Halo 4 sucks he is coming on just late enough where most likely none of the mechanics from a design standpoint would be his fault lol. He also seems too likeable to hate on. The moment we hear stories of that evil David guy who introduced bloom, refused to update playlists and took glee in people begging him to increase the Pistol clip by 2 bullets is the day I will change my mind though.

I'll always blame ElamiteWarrior and Hysteria for Halo's problems.

heckfu

Banned
Yeah, congrats David! You'll have to play more Reach with us to get a feel of things that need to be changed.

-
z4f4bde4143fb2.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Wow congrats on the position David. We should play MLG sometime so that you can let its awesomeness transfer over to you and you will then help pass it to Halo 4. And, no matter what anyone says, less radar makes for a better game.

:p no but really that's a sick position

There was a time when we even changed our avatars for Sage beards man..

Yeah I never understood why. I remember questioning the fact that it was so weird that they had the lead developer for a different game being put in such a high position but everyone seemed infatuated by him. Just to clarify I have nothing against Sage personally, I just never understood why everyone seemed to like him so much based on the vidocs. Was it just the beard?

-Gui

CyReN

Yeah I never understood why. I remember questioning the fact that it was so weird that they had the lead developer for a different game being put in such a high position but everyone seemed infatuated by him. Just to clarify I have nothing against Sage personally Ijust never understood why everyone seemed to like him so much based on the vidocs. Was it just the beard?

-Gui

The MLG crowd was ape shit about him, avatars, videos, sigs, the whole 9 yards. after the beta/vidocs. They (and even me) assumed he would bring "godlike" things from the Shadowrun world and make it incredible for Halo Reach. They stopped using those things by October 10'..

heckfu

Banned
Yeah I never understood why. I remember questioning the fact that it was so weird that they had the lead developer for a different game being put in such a high position but everyone seemed infatuated by him. Just to clarify I have nothing against Sage personally, I just never understood why everyone seemed to like him so much based on the vidocs. Was it just the beard?

-Gui

Trust me, it's always the beard.

-MikeDongblain

Booshka

The MLG crowd was ape shit about him, avatars, videos, sigs, the whole 9 yards. after the beta/vidocs. They (and even me) assumed he would bring "godlike" things from the Shadowrun world and make it incredible for Halo Reach. They stopped using those things by October 10'..

I remember all that nonsense, all these supposed Shadowrun fans that I had never heard of or played with started extolling the virtues of the game and looking forward to Reach because of its influences. Name dropping Shadowrun for MLG cred was pretty pathetic, most of them never played it, and if they did, it was for like a day where they got stomped and then went back to Halo 3. Then they bring it up when talking about Reach like they are some Shadowrun vet.

Tashi

Summer of 07, Never Forget.

Although 2008 and 2009 were good years too.

It was Halo 3 beta, then Shadowrun and Halo 2 until Halo 3 came out. I had so much fun with that game. I remember when I got good enough to activate shit that wasn't hotkeyed. It was very satisfying.

wwm0nkey

It was Halo 3 beta, then Shadowrun and Halo 2 until Halo 3 came out. I had so much fun with that game. I remember when I got good enough to activate shit that wasn't hotkeyed. It was very satisfying.

They should re release ShadowRun for XBLA, the game was only around 2 gigs anyways.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I hadn't even heard of Shadowrun until Sage got hired to work on Reach. I don't know where the hell I was. I think I thought it was Shadow Man or something, so I ignored it. I have pretty insular gaming tastes. :-\

Tashi

I've only played a few times of it, wasn't bad just couldn't get into it.

#BK

It was Counter Strike with magic.

Speaking of which I can not wait for CS:GO on XBLA. Anyone else going to play it?
(I assume the MLG members here will be playing it)

I'll check it out. I used to play CS:Source back in the day. I remember it used to take me a few matches to adjust from playing Halo 2 and vice versa. What a fun game that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom