• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

monome

Forerunner disco?.

Frank is going to make me feel like a tank, I am excite

class base Halo? man crush?

At least those pics have closed the BR/AR debate for now.

Do we get abilities?
I'm betting yes, but heavily tweeked in terms of how it impacts the MP. The story opens for two ways : Forerunner tech or isolation forces the Chief to rely on tech that could only appear on Reach.

And we don't know when other Humans will be introduced, and a mysterious planet doesn't sound like the best place to get an armor replacement.

TheOddOne

I like how he says the responses are mostly positive.

Whatever though apparently if you like Halo you are over reacting -_-
This is constantly my expression when reading that thread:

rolleyes.gif

Raide

Gaming side new thread worthy. ;-))

Personnally I like my Halo Haloish and only wish for Haloer things rather than hybridization with other series.

Agreed. Invasion was moving in that direction but I would prefer they do way more work on it to make it a solid alternative to the classic MP style.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That thread is such a shit hole now. Just a bunch of people trying to prove 343 to be liars. So when the game finally does come trolls will troll. Insane.

Kuroyume

Banned
Nice to finally see some actual footage. The screenshots could not have been any worse though. Not much I can tell from two shots of chief. I appreciate that they got the BR in there instead of the usual AR. I wish it was the DMR instead of the BR though. I hope it's in there somehow whether it be an actual DMR or some firing mode you can toggle with the BR where you can jump from burst to single shot and get a range and accuracy boost from it. Anyway, will check back later when I get a chance. Hopefully there are better shots up when the embargo ends.

um, if you capture a direct feed from the xbox using a blackmagic (which i think xbox use or at least major nelson does) it will give you in image in 1920 x 1080

feel

ooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH

DAT BR!!! Wasn't fond of the Reach-esque grey prototype look for the first few seconds but fuck it, BR's back! Thank you based Frankie. Colors seem a bit muted but the lighting is back on the Halo 3 track of beautiful (but much better) and there doesn't seem to be some random grain filter goin on.

Glad a mosquito bit me and I woke up 3 hours early unable to fall asleep again and checked gaf.. lol

Can Halogaf Prime please stick to the home base for the most part?? Shit is unbearable out there, couldn't make it past a few pages.

Also, I fucking hope this is not it when it comes to media today...

im just saying, it could be that those images were taking using a similar method its not that the game is native 1080p but the image capture software could of just captured the upscaled 360 feed, the are most likely bullshots but its possible they arnt

Arnie

What I will say to those getting irritated by the thread in gaming side is to refrain from getting embroiled in it. I got banned for defending Reach in a gaming side thread and subsequently missed the beta round here, wasn't worth it.

If people wish to be pig headed then let them, there's no need to defend Halo's honour, in 2hours and 55 minutes the footage should do all the talking.

But I will repeat that I fervently dislike that BR redesign. Looks like a generic weapon from Crysis now.

THE BR!

Hello old friend

Hyped as fuck for the reveal now.

Not even gonna look at the gaming side thread, haven't got time to read both anyway.

Nice to finally see some actual footage. The screenshots could not have been any worse though. Not much I can tell from two shots of chief. I appreciate that they got the BR in there instead of the usual AR. I wish it was the DMR instead of the BR though. I hope it's in there somehow whether it be an actual DMR or some firing mode you can toggle with the BR where you can jump from burst to single shot and get a range and accuracy boost from it. Anyway, will check back later when I get a chance. Hopefully there are better shots up when the embargo ends.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh wow that's so cute!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Hey guys - I'll be collecting all of today's various links and details so you don't have to!

Also including a live chat room, so feel free to pop in.

The website is having some technical difficulties - but I won't be letting that get in the way. Not today!

Im pretty sure i can capture in 1080p with my blackmagic

Edit: 720p max (or at least thats what major nelson has the blackmagic does specify it can capture 1080p) ignore my silliness, still the theory is sound if your capturing an upscaled feed from the box it would give you a screenshot in that ratio and not the native game ratio.

Not gonna lie, I feared they would show him off holding an AR again. Really happy to see the BR instead!

So, if I'm not mistaken the embargo ends in less then three hours, right? If so, great, I won't be home until half an hour later... that's gonna be the longest 30 minutes in a long time...

"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function ta_content_jump() in /home/a3243hos/public_html/ForwardSite/wp-content/themes/fudtheme/page.php on line 8
"

This is appearing at the bottom of the page for me Dani ;)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
"
Fatal error: Call to undefined function ta_content_jump() in /home/a3243hos/public_html/ForwardSite/wp-content/themes/fudtheme/page.php on line 8
"

This is appearing at the bottom of the page for me Dani ;)

Yeah, so technical issues, but it won't be getting in the way much. I won't have time to get it fixed today. The site's been a nightmare over the weekend, but at least it's behaving itself today (relatively speaking).

Looks more like a Future FAMAS weapon than the traditional BR, but hey, they both have a burst fire.
With the FAMAS you can switch between Burst & Automatic, so that could be a pretty fantastic solution to AR/BR.

Also, dayum, they're knuckling on those hard stencils.

JonCha

What I will say to those getting irritated by the thread in gaming side is to refrain from getting embroiled in it. I got banned for defending Reach in a gaming side thread and subsequently missed the beta round here, wasn't worth it.

If people wish to be pig headed then let them, there's no need to defend Halo's honour, in 2hours and 55 minutes the footage should do all the talking.

But I will repeat that I fervently dislike that BR redesign. Looks like a generic weapon from Crysis now.

It amazes me how people are so bothered over such a small detail.

Anyway, checking in for today's announcement. I hope someone creates a new Gaming thread that brings all the information together. It's going to get messy in here quickly.

Re: pictures, I honestly can't tell what the game is going to look like to be honest. If that's the BR, then it better perform reliably. Excited for later.

Yeah, so technical issues, but it won't be getting in the way much. I won't have time to get it fixed today. The site's been a nightmare over the weekend, but at least it's behaving itself today (relatively speaking).

Ah right, no bother at all. I just thought I'd mention it in case it was blocking some of your content or something.

feel

While I'm not in love with the new BR, I can't say I was a fan of Halo 3 weapon design. I felt Reach's weapons at least looked the part.
Yeah I should've included that it was a personal opinion. I do realize most people love Reach's more realistic/moderwarfare weapon design.

Arnie

It's trying too hard to please the Reach/COD crowd. Shame, but oh well!

Aye. Don't like the new shape, nor the strange scope. The whole thing seems very rectangular.

I guess it was too much to expect a faithful recreation of the BR at this point.

I just hope it doesn't let me down functionally.

Arnie

I couldn't care less what the BR looks like as long as it retains the core gameplay element that made us love it so much.

Agree, updated my post to reflect that. I just want that sweet, bloomless burst.

Contemplating an impromptu sleep to pass this last nugget of time, although I should really crack on with some work.

Having now looked at the screenshots on a full-sized monitor rather than my phone, I'm less impressed.
Keeping my reactions quieter until I see everything later.

Computron

Egoraptor_face.jpg

MFW the reveal ends up being a Skrillex-performed Dubstep trailer with people running around with perks aiming down sights. Like Syndicate.

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom