• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Anxious about the ability to modify your abilities. I'll always maintain that, for me, Halo works best as a level playing field from spawn, not really sure what abilities bring to the game in a competitive sense.

As I said the other night, the satisfaction comes from knowing the challenge and overcoming it, not failing to overcome a challenge you never knew existed.

reggie

Banned
Looks like Reach 1.5. Master Chief doesn't even look like Master Chief, he looks like someones character you would find in Reachs multiplayer. Underwhelming to say the least.

aDDiKt24

Banned
People who are questioning about 60fps? Are you serious? Honestly, how long have you guys been gaming for or been interested in gaming to think that Halo 4 will be 60fps? STUPID!

The game looks exactly like Reach from what I can tell.

Woorloog

Banned
'Cause of Reach I'm not all about optimism at things that sound like they could be bad from the start. This sounds like a fundamental gamechanger to multiplayer that may just be the bloom debacle of Halo 4.

I'm starting to sound like a bitch about Halo 4 haha. I just think Halo should be about starting everyone equally at the start of a match, this doesn't sound like that.

Suppose we can choose our own starting weapons? Then we have equal starts... as long as people are not stupid and choose only CQB weapons etc and we're limited to certain selection (no power weapons, no DMR...). Or suppose we can choose our secondary weapon, with everyone having a BR regardless?
Now perks do affect this... but depending how they're executed, they might simply give an edge while playing as you prefer, but only there.

It is actually dawning to me how difficult this is going to balance... gotta hope for the best.

Natiko

Banned
The perk talk completely killed my hype. I was super excited about what I'd seen up to that point. They seemed like they really were nailing it..and then instant disappointment.

Purdy colors

i2IKjquoJ4qnw.png

Blinding

Looks like Reach 1.5. Master Chief doesn't even look like Master Chief, he looks like someones character you would find in Reachs multiplayer. Underwhelming to say the least.

People who are questioning about 60fps? Are you serious? Honestly, how long have you guys been gaming for or been interested in gaming to think that Halo 4 will be 60fps? STUPID!

Sorry, this is the Community section, I believe you're looking for the Gaming section.

I'm so excited, though having a map named Wraparound is a bit unfortunate.

Not the right thread junior. Gaming is <-- that way

So I'm guessing we actually have to wait until E3 for campaign stuff? A bit disappointed, especially since it was hinted we'd get multiplayer and single player stuff today...I mean, we kind of did, but so fucking vague!

TCKaos

All things considered, after I let it sit for a while the new Chief design sort of grew on me. I don't mind it, now. Especially considering that it's supposed to be functional.

It also looks fine in motion.

But I still want my Mark V in multiplayer. I'll flip some tables if I don't get my Mark V.

reggie

Banned
Sorry, this is the Community section, I believe you're looking for the Gaming section.

I've been apart of this thread for awhile now, it's not like I'm some drive-by troll. It honestly doesn't look much better than Reach. Not necessarily a bad thing, but you guys love to hype up anything Halo beyond the point of sanity.

aDDiKt24

Banned

I'm looking for discussion on this and just because your hype blinds you, doesn't mean it effects all of us. I am part of this "community" and I hope we can discuss this instead of just moaning at others with a difference of opinion.

I am hoping for a grand return for Halo 4 but after seeing the very small bits of footage I'm not as excited as I should have been. Hearing what the 343i crew say in the vidoc (especially Frankie) gets me hyped, but seeing the brief video clips does the opposite.

I've been apart of this thread for awhile now, it's not like I'm some drive-by troll. It honestly doesn't look much better than Reach. Not necessarily a bad thing, but guys love to hype up anything Halo beyond the point of sanity.
Could have fooled me and everybody else (not referencing your opinions here, but your past behaviour). Just curious, have you ever actually played with anybody in HaloGAF?

I'm looking for discussion on this and just because your hype blinds you, doesn't mean it effects all of us. I am part of this "community" and I hope we can discuss this instead of just moaning at others with a difference of opinion.

I am hoping for a grand return for Halo 4 but after seeing the very small bits of footage I'm not as excited as I should have been. Hearing what the 343i crew say in the vidoc (especially Frankie) gets me hyped, but seeing the brief video clips does the opposite.

Looks nothing like reach.. deal with it

Oozer3993

This post brought to you by the Halo Troll Post Generator! Now you don't even need to know anything about the latest Halo game to troll it! Just hit the "Trolololo" button and be instantly given a laboratory tested Halo troll post! It couldn't be easier! We've had our experts meticulously study Halo trolling for 8 years to bring you the most effective troll posts. Troll posts include:

• Too colorful
  • It's still 4 steps behind FPS on the PC
  • It used to be cool, before the franchise was milked to death
  • Looks more like [PREVIOUS HALO TITLE].5

And if you act now, you can get your very own Halo Troll Post Generator for only 3 payments of $9.99! But wait, if you call in the next 20 minutes, we'll get rid of one of the payments! That's right, just 2 payments of $9.99! We'll even pay shipping costs! Don't wait, act now! Operators are standing by!

GhaleonEB

One of Plywood's .gif's from the Gaming side:

gif3bqadk.gif

The +5 by the medals are the first peek at the credit/reward system I've seen so far.

Note also no health meter, thus no health packs. (Unless those three tiny vertical bars are it.)

The strafing in this gif has me grinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom