• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

So someone brought up a good point elsewhere:

Does this essentially mean the Bungie app is useless come March 31st? Does everyone just have to idly stare at it until it updates when their game is released later on? :lol

heckfu

Banned

Does this essentially mean the Bungie app is useless come March 31st? Does everyone just have to idly stare at it until it updates when their game is released later on? :lol

did you really laugh out loud?

Wouldn't be an issue if they didn't set a timeline, gotta expect the unexpected.

But then people would be constantly badgering MLG. In a case like this where people need to know if they should continue training for events, it's better to have set a date and missed the date instead of withholding the information.

did you really laugh out loud?
tZOS8.gif

I'm sure he did........

Blinding

But then people would be constantly badgering MLG.

Is that not better then a backlash caused by promising information by whatever date that was then in turn not delivered? The main MLG staff deal with badgering day in and day out about lots of things, so I don't think them avoiding badgering is really an appropriate excuse.

In a case like this where people need to know if they should continue training for events, it's better to have set a date and missed the date instead of withholding the information.

The people that are going to attend events to compete are the people that are going to continue playing regardless of when the announcement of any events takes place. You have to go with the assumption that there are going to still be events and continue playing instead of going "well I don't know what they're going to do" and not do anything.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is that not better then a backlash caused by promising information by whatever date that was then in turn not delivered? The main MLG staff deal with badgering day in and day out about lots of things, so I don't think them avoiding badgering is really an appropriate excuse.

The people that are going to attend events to compete are the people that are going to continue playing regardless of when the announcement of any events takes place. You have to go with the assumption that there are going to still be events and continue playing instead of going "well I don't know what they're going to do" and not do anything.
And yet so many NBA players showed up out of shape. For shame.

feel

It's still my go-to iOS app to check out who's online on xbl. Such a good looking and fast loading UI. XBL app is too bright and slow.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta love the jet sounds when the title pops up.

I think I'm gonna take a break from GAF soon. I'm getting way too busy to really keep up with the thread, and I want to go on media blackout for Halo 4, anyways. Fuck it, I'll just start now. It'll be easier to do it now before any Halo 4 info actually hits. Well, farewell HaloGAF, see yall after I beat the Halo 4 campaign. <3

Gotta love the jet sounds when the title pops up.

I think I'm gonna take a break from GAF soon. I'm getting way too busy to really keep up with the thread, and I want to go on media blackout for Halo 4, anyways. Fuck it, I'll just start now. It'll be easier to do it now before any Halo 4 info actually hits. Well, farewell HaloGAF, see yall after I beat the Halo 4 campaign. <3

You'll last two days.

Tops.

CyReN

You need ranks to tell you whether or not you are playing better?

No, I want to play a complete game of Halo without some quitting after 2 miuntes because :A flag is capped,them dying, them not getting a power weapon etc. I really try to like Reach but it's impossible to play a whole normal game, and Arena sucks.

feel

Really? What kind of iPhone/iPad you running it on?

iphone 4

The xbl one is not terribly slow but the bungie one gets from start to displaying friends list much quicker, and it's more pleasant looking to me. I only use the xbl one for messaging.

Booshka

No, I want to play a complete game of Halo without some quitting after 2 miuntes because :A flag is capped,them dying, them not getting a power weapon etc. I really try to like Reach but it's impossible to play a whole normal game, and Arena sucks.

Ah ok, you can't get yourself into some MLG Customs? Or do those just not happen, I'm pretty naive about Reach MLG, I just remember getting into H2 MLG Customs like it was nothing, hell even Shadowrun had consistent Private Matches for years. I guess it's a bit of a blessing and a curse to have an MLG Playlist, easy to get into, but a lot less people are doing Customs so the overall quality of games is way down.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Looks like MLG Console announcement is on wait until the end of the week. Ugh. I really do hope Halo gets added this year. Apparently it's all up to Microsoft. I wonder how much input 343 has on the matter.

edit: Sundance - "MLG Winter update: Fighters will be featured, COD: MW3 and Halo still in discussion"

Looks like they got a fighter on. That's cool. I just hope it's not SCV or UMvC3. I want SFxT man because that's going to be the next fighting game I really get into.

double edit: He said "fighters" plural...Nice!

any decision is solely MLGs to make.

Tashi

lol so I figured what video I'm going to make to try to win that MLG controller. Yesterday while playing Halo, it was a 4 on 2, I was lolly gagging around but I absolutely DESTROYED by some kid. I had just gotten overshield and he out BR'd me sooo bad. lol it was actually kinda funny. Anyway, I'm going to post that clip and then voice over it saying that I suck and to help me from having this happen to me again by giving me a Pro Circuit controller. I hope it works, wish me luck! :)

Homeboyd

lol so I figured what video I'm going to make to try to win that MLG controller. Yesterday while playing Halo, it was a 4 on 2, I was lolly gagging around but I absolutely DESTROYED by some kid. I had just gotten overshield and he out BR'd me sooo bad. lol it was actually kinda funny. Anyway, I'm going to post that clip and then voice over it saying that I suck and to help me from having this happen to me again by giving me a Pro Circuit controller. I hope it works, wish me luck! :)
I would enjoy viewing this when ready.

Make it so.

CyReN

So whats the verdict on it yet?

Personally played about 5 games now, sticks are different (not bad just different), feels comfortable, buttons are nice and responsive.

Tashi

Then why the announcement delay? They're lying? o_O

Would they really? They would get called out instantly. Also, why couldn't they get SF last season? Remember that whole petition thing? Sounded like they needed Capcom's blessing. Maybe MLG has a special relationship with MS or just Halo more specifically where they always have the green light to put it on the circuit? Not sure. I don't like being in the dark about this though.

And Homeboyd, I'll be posting it here before I throw it on Facebook for contest.

edit: Verdict on what Cyren?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom