• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I know you guys are always down for MLG, Jazzy and Cyren, I'm trying to spark the non MLG crowd. Come see the light!

I'm always down for MLG :D

Speaking of tournaments I was going to host a small (16 person) 1v1 tournament on my youtube channel and cast all the games, does anyone have some good 1v1 map ideas?

I'd go for Zealot or Asylum/Sanctuary, those work the best for 1v1's in my experience. I'm sure there are some pretty good downloadable 1v1 maps but I don't know anything about those.

I know you guys are always down for MLG, Jazzy and Cyren, I'm trying to spark the non MLG crowd. Come see the light!

I would totally want to play MLG more but its the roles where I falter. Map control is a distant horizon for me. I can play well, but when my team gets beaten, its cuz the other team has better control of the map.

heckfu

Banned
I would totally want to play MLG more but its the roles where I falter. Map control is a distant horizon for me. I can play well, but when my team gets beaten, its cuz the other team has better control of the map.

You should rent a room in Boss Nasti's chalet.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Well I honestly want this tournament to be done not so I can grab 3 top GAFers here and mow down everyone. In fact, if there was a spectator mode, I would want to cast it instead. I would rather there be multiple teams of similarly skilled players have competitive games with MLG gametypes. If you guys want to do this on a regular basis, form teams, write them down and we can organize it. If we get at least 6 teams, let's do it. Any less and it's kinda weak.

I think there should be 3 default game types and maps that everyone plays in that same order. 2 objective and 1 slayer. Unless someone objects, I would say:

Game 1: MLG Pit CTF
Game 2: MLG Zealot
Game 3: MLG Sanctuary CTF

I thought it might be cool to have the tournament so we could collectively improve our performance. I'd love for some pointers and talks from the more pro players here.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
My team:

Woodlock
J. Kyle
JuicyBlain
Barroll or Tunabee

Alts:

Any TJ member online atm

Semi-srs
I thought it might be cool to have the tournament so we could collectively improve our performance. I'd love for some pointers and talks from the more pro players here.
Protip 1

Live in America(were it so easy) :(

Some folks will be having a HUGE testing lobby tonight, hopefully everything turns out as desired.

Any HaloGAFer is intersted to join? much better if you have all DLC, Anniversary included.

Edit: we'll be testing BTB heavy variants so don't expect a super competitive enviroment :D
hey can i join send me an invite to my gamer tag: B M ARAGON i have all dlc

CyReN

If you're looking to get better just watch streams of known players on twitch.tv and analyze your own gameplay and what you did wrong. It just comes down to positioning, power weapons and map control.

I'd go for Zealot or Asylum/Sanctuary, those work the best for 1v1's in my experience. I'm sure there are some pretty good downloadable 1v1 maps but I don't know anything about those.

1v1 Sanctuary is it by default.
I was thinking those maps with slightly different variations to the weapon layouts and times, maybe even throw in hologram which would be pretty useful ring 1 on zealot. I'd need 1 more forge map though.

Well I honestly want this tournament to be done not so I can grab 3 top GAFers here and mow down everyone. In fact, if there was a spectator mode, I would want to cast it instead. I would rather there be multiple teams of similarly skilled players have competitive games with MLG gametypes. If you guys want to do this on a regular basis, form teams, write them down and we can organize it. If we get at least 6 teams, let's do it. Any less and it's kinda weak.

I think there should be 3 default game types and maps that everyone plays in that same order. 2 objective and 1 slayer. Unless someone objects, I would say:

If this goes down tonight I wont be home till late because I'm about to head off to work.

Homeboyd

Is anyone else having troubles with checking online friends on Bungie.net? When I click on it, it links me to the official xbox site.

If it isn't only me, maybe it has something to do with the stat tracking not working.
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=69884343

Posted by: hdubya
We are working on the issue. Profile and stats related areas of the site may be slow or return errors until the issues are resolved.

Edit: Appears everything is working again.

what halo 4 needs:

ignoring all the controversial topics like BR/DMR/Magnum/AR starts, bullet travel time, melee technique, spread/bloom, equipments, AA, player movement, strafe speed, aim acceleration,.....

what halo really needs is the return of

Halo-3-Tsavo-Highway-13-Chief-biker-riding-Brute-Chopper.jpg

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
There is so much agreeing going at this moment.

I've just had a stupid idea for a pro-pipe mini game. :D

A bunch of tunnels standing vertically high in the air, with a grav lift inside each one and a teleporter so that Spartans are jumping into pipes and jumping out of others.

Mario style. With pipes. And pro-pipes.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
The more I listen to Daft Punk's Tron Legacy OST, the more I think they could be the perfect composer for Halo 4. So many excellent Halo/Mass Effect-esque instrumentals in that soundtrack.

My team:
Woodlock
J. Kyle
JuicyBlain
Barroll or Tunabee

LoL KYJelly is busy with games where no matter what buttons you hit you get a favorable outcome, he played Saints Row 3 for a bit but even that wasn't positive enough for him. Hes now shooting crystal meth and playing new games:

Heres the latest pic of his game collection:

baby-toys-for-9-months-2-years_5480610.jpg

TheOddOne

The more I listen to Daft Punk's Tron Legacy OST, the more I think they could be the perfect composer for Halo 4. So many excellent Halo/Mass Effect-esque instrumentals in that soundtrack.
Yeah!

That soundtrack caught me by suprise, it's the only reason I watched Tron Legacy fully.

Trasher

You realize we've tried to do this before? It was even tried with a better game!

Louis Wu

Good games, everyone - that was fun. I wanna remember to clip that attempted flag return by Xand on BC... that was awesome.

Have to go put on pants; I'm not allowed out in public without them.

Trasher

Did we? I don't remember lol
Thread still exists somewhere. I think Ram tried to lead the thing. It's so hard to get eight people on at the same time for matches. Especially with people from different continents.

Although HaloGAF is bigger now I suppose.

Fuchsdh

Yeah!

That soundtrack caught me by suprise, it's the only reason I watched Tron Legacy fully.

It's definitely good, but I'm not sure it's the best fit for Halo. I'm hoping something more in line of O'Donnell's blend of synthy beats and more sweeping, orchestral treatments, especially for cinematics.

I think Tron Legacy and The Social Network were perfect examples of films with similar base approaches to the music where one actually benefited and was good music in its own right, and the other ended up with ambient dissonance that collapses into itself.

Hi everyone, by the way.

Trasher

We got 8 people in a party right now and Over and bobs just came on Reach. But I don't know if all of them are gonna stay on for long.
Doesn't sound very organized lol. We tried to keep all the teams even and spread people around after we compiled a list of people who were interested.

LoL KYJelly is busy with games where no matter what buttons you hit you get a favorable outcome, he played Saints Row 3 for a bit but even that wasn't positive enough for him. Hes now shooting crystal meth and playing new games:

Heres the latest pic of his game collection:

baby-toys-for-9-months-2-years_5480610.jpg
He has Wacky Wilderness!?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom