• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

It's definitely good, but I'm not sure it's the best fit for Halo. I'm hoping something more in line of O'Donnell's blend of synthy beats and more sweeping, orchestral treatments, especially for cinematics.

I think Tron Legacy and The Social Network were perfect examples of films with similar base approaches to the music where one actually benefited and was good music in its own right, and the other ended up with ambient dissonance that collapses into itself.

Hi everyone, by the way.
While I love Marty's work, I think there is a possibility to open up the music pallet for the next Halo.

Not a radical reinvention, but it's own identity for the new trilogy.

Also welcome! Heads up, everybody here hated Reach.

kylej

Banned
LoL KYJelly is busy with games where no matter what buttons you hit you get a favorable outcome, he played Saints Row 3 for a bit but even that wasn't positive enough for him. Hes now shooting crystal meth and playing new games:

Heres the latest pic of his game collection:

baby-toys-for-9-months-2-years_5480610.jpg

I'm a top 8 Tiger Xylophone player. Get out of my face bad kid.

Kibbles

First time playing Reach in a while, put in the anniversary disc and destroying. Maps look fantastic on my plasma.

Fuchsdh

It's definitely good, but I'm not sure it's the best fit for Halo. I'm hoping something more in line of O'Donnell's blend of synthy beats and more sweeping, orchestral treatments, especially for cinematics.

I think Tron Legacy and The Social Network were perfect examples of films with similar base approaches to the music where one actually benefited and was good music in its own right, and the other ended up with ambient dissonance that collapses into itself.

Hi everyone, by the way.

While I love Marty's work, I think there is a possibility to open up the music pallet for the next Halo.

Not a radical reinvention, but it's own identity for the new trilogy.

Also welcome! Heads up, everybody here hated Reach.

I can appreciate going a slightly different route, although I still want some of the Halo themes to come back in some respect--despite having four composers for six movies, all the music for the original Star Trek films did interesting things with Alexander Courage's opening them, for instance, even if the overall tone of the movies was alternatively pompous, dark, or comical.

I could go into my conflicted feelings about Reach, but I figure it's been hashed out here long before I started lurking.

Trasher

I can appreciate going a slightly different route, although I still want some of the Halo themes to come back in some respect--despite having four composers for six movies, all the music for the original Star Trek films did interesting things with Alexander Courage's opening them, for instance, even if the overall tone of the movies was alternatively pompous, dark, or comical.

I could go into my conflicted feelings about Reach, but I figure it's been hashed out here long before I started lurking.
Still figuring out the quote system?

blamite

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/reach-race-maps/132395-rainbow-road.html

Make sure to download the gametype or it won't work.

Btw, could you take out the IMG tags out of your quote?
Woah this looms awesome. :eek: It's kind of crazy how much I've seen done with the Insane game variants. Too bad none of it will end up in matchhmaking.

And the convenience of just clicking on a few links and having the gametype and map download to my Xbox made me realize how crazy it's going to be to have that ability taken away for a while come April. 343 has some big shoes to fill when it comes to B.net's functionality.

CyReN

Just Forge, no World. I'd like to keep my framerate as well as having pretty colors.

How about Forge World(s) that are small with themes like: UNMC base,Halo,Covenant,etc with those color options. This reminds me of the days of reading about all the possibles Halo 2 could have had and people were speculating..

I think just got hard..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom