• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
MA9XR.jpg

That sexy Halo 4 logo. #sex

Halo 3 logo looks great with that white glow, I like the Halo 4 logo honestly. I dont think it reflects what we have seen about the game so far but its nice enough.

Honestly challenged to design the logo id likely of made something similar, possibly made it look like it was made of similar martial to the hull of a UNSC ship and added damage to it or maybe have it a bit more.. "alien" not sure how to describe it (maybe ill open photoshop and have a play around). But yeah the H4 logo is clear its got depth to it with the hexagons and the gradients/lighting and its recognizable.

The reach logo and the halo 2 logos are the only ones i have problems with, The "O" on the Halo reach logo is funky and the Halo 2 logo has too much bevel/emboss

neoism

The more I listen to Daft Punk's Tron Legacy OST, the more I think they could be the perfect composer for Halo 4. So many excellent Halo/Mass Effect-esque instrumentals in that soundtrack.

hell yeah I listen that album all the time to reach....great music

I like the profile of the Halo 4 logo, it reminds me of forerunner towers, however I would like to see a better texture on it.
Precisely! It's the hexagons and the light blue that's really putting me off; looks cheap. I'd love to see a Forerunner silver.

You should try your hand at designing a logo. :)

zap

2v2s on Reach are pretty fun.
Too bad I had ScrubbyMcScrubScrub on my team

When I play doubles, we either destroy the other team, or get destroyed. There is very rarely a middle ground. This seems true for a lot of my games in Reach. I gotta blame the changes to trueskill and the lack of ranks making people apathetic about winning.

Overdoziz

Banned
When I play doubles, we either destroy the other team, or get destroyed. There is very rarely a middle ground. This seems true for a lot of my games in Reach. I gotta blame the changes to trueskill and the lack of ranks making people apathetic about winning.
We were playing customs 2v2.

Precisely! It's the hexagons and the light blue that's really putting me off; looks cheap. I'd love to see a Forerunner silver.

You should try your hand at designing a logo. :)

Sure thing, here's the model, now off to texture and make a nice shader for this sucker

fKv3l.jpg

dont abandon the hexagonssss.

So I haven't done any 3D stuff yet, did you like trace that from the picture?

We'll see, I did something faster than that. I created a quick depth map, used projection master in Zbrush to displace it on a plane, dropped it into dynamesh, clipped the back off, and imported to 3ds max.

I agree about the Halo 4 logo, it just looks so.. I dunno. Just doesn't really capture what I feel is the series, it has a simple fan made look to it rather than how nice Halo 3's logo was. Honestly, I like the clean look of Halo Reach's logo as well. Im kinda hoping the Halo 4 logo may get some small revisions.

HaloGaf, continue making new Halo 4 logo revisions!

MrBig

We'll see, I did something faster than that. I created a quick depth map, used projection master in Zbrush to displace it on a plane, dropped it into dynamesh, clipped the back off, and imported to 3ds max.

I'd think simply doing a vector trace and then importing it into max as a spline would be a lot quicker and easier to work with.

I agree about the Halo 4 logo, it just looks so.. I dunno. Just doesn't really capture what I feel is the series, it has a simple fan made look to it rather than how nice Halo 3's logo was. Honestly, I like the clean look of Halo Reach's logo as well. Im kinda hoping the Halo 4 logo may get some small revisions.

HaloGaf, continue making new Halo 4 logo revisions!
Absolutely.

Finally got approved, been lurking since the Halo 3 days and finally made an account about a year ago I think. I know nobody reads these but I'm doing it anyway.

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
yes

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
20 years old, in the good old U.S.A.

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
I first beat CE at a friend's house in one sitting a couple days after Christmas 01.

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
Since the Halo 3 thread sometime around 08.

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
Favorite campaign would be Halo 3 strictly because of 4 player co-op and how much fun I had with it. MP is definitely Halo 2, you can't really have another answer for that one.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
42 in Lone Wolves I think, mostly played Social Slayer because all my friends were so bad.

AR or BR?
BR, I like to aim.

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Sidewinder, Lockout, and The Pit.

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
Reflection

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
BTB

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Multiplayer. ODST FF was fun but Reach FF is just a shooting gallery.

Games completed on solo Legendary.
Reach. Only one I've ever attempted solo. Slowly working through CEA as I have time now.

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
negative

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
Halo, Assault on the Control Room, The Ark, The Covenant, Tsavo Highway

Favorite Reach playlists.
Squad Slayer is what I normally play

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
don't have one and don't ever plan on having one

Opinion on reticule bloom.
It's garbage

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
Don't like them as loadouts, ok as pickups but would prefer neither. I usually just use sprint.

Why are you a Halo fan?
For me it's a combination of the universe, feature set that is leagues beyond every other console FPS, and deep gameplay that you don't get from games like COD or Battlefield.

I'd think simply doing a vector trace and then importing it into max as a spline would be a lot quicker and easier to work with.

The mesh would be a horrible mess, which isn't any good for lighting. This workflow allows me to keep the mesh in quads and produces a more polished result.

Fuchsdh

Finally got approved, been lurking since the Halo 3 days and finally made an account about a year ago I think. I know nobody reads these but I'm doing it anyway.

Well, in solidarity with my fellow 343GS avatar newbie.

Aye.

US of A, just south of Washington, DC. Old enough I should spend less time on forums, young enough to have plenty of time to waste until I realize that.

13 or 14, when my brother bought an Xbox and Combat Evolved.

Lurking for about four or five months, sporadically read links before that.

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
Why not pick Combat Evolved? I think it's the best overall campaign, although many of my favorite levels are from Halo 2 and 3 (and the Hub, if that counts in ODST.)

Got Halo 3 less than two weeks ago for achievements--I didn't have an Xbox 360 until five weeks ago. Lvl 13 in Lone Wolves, currently, working on Lightswitch.

AR or BR?
BR might be more effective, but AR just feels more fun.

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Probably Sidewinder, Turf/Relic split, and Guardian.

Countdown.

BTB hands-down.

Competitive multiplayer, as Firefight in Reach is too easy.

Beat Halo, ODST, and Reach. Working on Halo 3. My brother and I gave up coop Legendary on Halo 2 after struggling through the first level, never looked back.

Nay.

Silent Cartographer, of course--also Crow's Nest, Regret, Uprising, 343 Guilty Spark, and Halo (Halo 1).

Anniversary anything, esp. BTB; Team Slayer and Multi-Team (sigh).

I didn't mind it, but the spotty implementation of TU changes bothers me.

Fun, but either overpowered in some cases or largely useless (camo) in others. I miss my overshields and camo pickups.

Why are you a Halo fan?
A combination of fun gameplay, cooperative campaigns and split-screen LAN parties, and loving the lore.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax). (optional)
I love all of you equally as my family. In other words, alternating between admiration and disgust after every dinner or get-together.

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)
I'm sarcastic and cynical, but GAF has taught me I'm bush league compared to the pros here. I also help out at ForwardUntoDawn.com with Slightly.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Haha I'd like to post mine too I suppose:

Yes, just last night I believe.

I live in the US, and I am 18

Probably about 12. I bought an Xbox from a friend and it came with Halo: CE and Halo 2

Since August when I was first introduced to Gaf

Campaign: Reach
Multiplayer: Halo 3

Only played a handful of times, I didn't get broadband til last summer

AR or BR?
BR by far

Sidewinder, Zanzibar, Last Resort

Powerhouse

BTB

Multiplayer, definitely

CE, 3, ODST and Reach

Nope

Tip of the Spear, Halo, Outskirts, The Silent Cartographer

Team/Squad Slayer, BTB, Rumble Pit. I used to play Living Dead, then I realized how broken it is

No comment.

It's not inherently evil, but I don't believe Reach implemented it correctly. However the title update improved the situation a bit

Same as bloom, they're not terrible, but the entire implementation needs to be changed (I'm looking at you, armor lock)

Why are you a Halo fan?
Aside from the obvious campaign-related reasons, Halo's multiplayer is a fair game that doesn't punish players who aren't grizzled vets, and shields work against camping for the most part

Everyone keeps skipping over the all important favorite Halogaffer.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax). (optional)
I love all of you equally as my family. In other words, alternating between admiration and disgust after every dinner or get-together.

That's a cop-out, no points awarded.

Oh, and welcome to hell Juniors. That is until we get Halo 4 news.

That wasn't in the one I copied and pasted so I missed that. Don't have a favorite but least favorite is definitely Hirednoobs.

Fuchsdh

That's what I'd always say when my parents would play mind games as they tucked me in and asked "who loves you more, mommy or daddy". They weren't actually that horrible, but even as a little kid I realized that was a question I had better not answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom