• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

zap

What is Spartan Hub? Have they talked about that yet? Is that the "groups" thing we saw in the Expertzone quiz ages ago?

feel

If his secondary was a plasma pistol, I can kinda forgive this considering it's a vehicle-heavy map.
It was a magbloom.

Watching the Bravo video, Kevin says "your flag doesn't have to be at home to score now"
... it hasn't for ages - Bungie quickly changed it in Reach. I have noticed he's said it several times as a reason why CTF is better now... it doesn't count if it's the same as before!
He also hyped me up big time when he was about to start talking about SWAT, I thought amazing shit was about to go down then it's just " you can choose the br or the dmr.. so that's cool.. moving on".

blamite

What is Spartan Hub? Have they talked about that yet? Is that the "groups" thing we saw in the Expertzone quiz ages ago?

I believe that's where armor and loadout customization is. Not sure what else is there, maybe challenges and commendations?

Now that you mention it I realize nobody has mentioned groups at all. Is that really not in the game at all? If it is I suppose we should hear about it at the Saturday panel, right?

malfcn

Playing Silent Cartographer now. What is the point of storming the beach? If you turn around and back track the beach away from the battle you find your way in..right?

nillapuddin

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Ewjip.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, you see, this is what is feels like to be wrong. Take this as a learning moment.

Well, the dynamic it introduced still exists. In 4, neither team can return the flags. You essentially have two games of 1-flag going on at once. What I mean is that when you stop the enemy carrying your flag in an old 1-flag game, generally you would defend between the flag and the enemy spawn, right? Well that's the same thing that's required in 4 except now you're juggling that and trying to push the enemy flag too.

I can't wait to play it. I think my initial fears are how prevalent sprinting to get a touch and tipping it back to stop it returning will be.
Yeah, flags can only be returned in Halo 4 CTF after a countdown completes. The players defending the flag don't have to be right on top of it anymore -- they just have to defend it till the timer runs down. So they can position themselves away from the flag a bit, and start setting up to steal the other team's flag.

Sounds cool. :)

Watching the Bravo video, Kevin says "your flag doesn't have to be at home to score now"
... it hasn't for ages - Bungie quickly changed it in Reach. I have noticed he's said it several times as a reason why CTF is better now... it doesn't count if it's the same as before!
Yeah, I've been scratching my head over that, too, haha.

So much rage in here lol.
If it bothers you that much, turn off your computers. Or look at sports or something. Don't go on sites where you know there's going to be stuff like that, and then complain.

I can stand being spoiled for this game.
Haven't said a single word spreading anything and won't spoil it for GAF.

Tunavi, Monsterfracas, and Grayman will hunt anyone down if spoilers are posted here lol
Fuuuck, these videos are goood!

MrDaravon

Wait, epilogue means after the end. What the fuck guys why are you watching that?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/11/spoilers-study_n_924413.html

Also some people probably don't care about Halo but are curious, or want to specifically ruin it for others. I'm not going to intentionally spoil myself, but quite frankly after Reach I have zero interest in the overall fiction so I'm not going to get to upset if I get spoiled. Anyone who cares a lot about the story (which is probably a lot of people here) probably should bailout.gif though.

As far as the (apparent) playlists go, do we know for sure that they're all only one gamemode per playlist, and also do we know the player count/teamsize per playlist? I'm not clear exactly on how that information was getting out since I'm assuming people aren't connecting to XBL with these copies.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Epilogue? Wow, even the thought is enticing. I'm definitely playing campaign first on November 6th...

Karl2177

So much rage in here lol.
If it bothers you that much, turn off your computers. Or look at sports or something. Don't go on sites where you know there's going to be stuff like that, and then complain.

It shouldn't be in HaloGAF and if it is, I will be like Tunavi trying to get your ass banned as fast as grass. There's a spoiler thread, so peeps that want to discuss it they can discuss it there.

malfcn

Playing Silent Cartographer now. What is the point of storming the beach? If you turn around and back track the beach away from the battle you find your way in..right?

Halo 4 ending distraction. Designs like this confuse me.

"Storm the beach!"
*leaves the battle*
"You beat the level"

Huh?

Top Bottom