• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

MrDaravon

Grifball!

Also serious question: have the people talking about killcams being jacked (outside of the forge piece issue) ever played Call of Duty? That's seriously just how they are; the two parties are going to see different things, and the game is going to display the log in probably a third and different way. Welcome to a new rage inducing thing I've been experiencing for years!

Edit: Oh my god, the hammer sounds weak and shitty. What..what the fuck. Despite my long rants about some problems I have with the game I was still looking forward to it mostly; this livestream is really turning my opinion around on this quickly.

Ramirez

You guys realize the settings on these killcams might not be what we get on day 1 of the game? Or maybe they're on for all customs? I dunno.

MrDaravon

You guys realize the settings on these killcams might not be what we get on day 1 of the game? Or maybe they're on for all customs? I dunno.

That's the problem! We don't know, and we haven't been deemed worthy of that information yet, so this is all we have to go with for now.

Seeing 343 dedicate time to griftball and infection now annoys me knowing there is no ranks lol. I understand they say they are still working on things, but the fact they have heard our opinions on the issue for some time now just makes things more upsetting.

Overdoziz

Banned
That also had matchmaking though, didn't it?
There's no matchmaking, only a quick match option. For the first 6 (?) months it only had DICE servers, though. They introduced player owned servers alongside the DICE ones longer after launch. Personally I think it works fine, the occasional banhappy admin aside.
Are we forgetting the dynamic lighting Forge objects are meant to have now?
Yes, but it seems that shadows from the actual map still don't seem to work well with Forge objects. If an object is half in the shadow and half in the open it will show up as either lit up or completely dark, not half-half.

Yeah those sideways gamertags suck. I didnt want to comment until I had enough time to look - but after checking it out for so long the sideways text is still more annoying to read. Why not just put the gamertag above the card to the left of where the audio icon sits? Right now it just floats there. (Oh that wouldnt work either because of the way the cards stack. Its a confusing UI for sure.)

It is certainly not ideal that we're finding out this stuff from a stream of a pirated copy of the game.

But then... 343 have, at least until the last few weeks, been pretty patchy about communicating their choices themselves.

Ramirez

Why is it OK to watch streams of MP, but most of you are calling for heads when someone uploads a campaign vid to YT? lol

It is certainly not ideal that we're finding out this stuff from a stream of a pirated copy of the game.

But then... 343 have, at least until the last few weeks, been pretty patchy about communicating their choices themselves.

Maybe they haven't commented because they're not 100% final yet?

MrDaravon

Can't believe you have to unlock backgrounds for emblems. CHASIN' THAT COD MONEY SON

Again to everyone tuning in now: spoilers are heavy in the stream chat, hide the chat ASAP if you don't want to see them!

Why is it OK to watch streams of MP, but most of you are calling for heads when someone uploads a campaign vid to YT? lol

Maybe they haven't commented because they're not 100% final yet?

not sure if serious

Also if MP settings are not 100% set in stone at this point, we have serious fucking problems.

Both I believe, literally zero negative effect on it either.

This is so wrong. You cannot have one game with two different systems and NOT have them interfere with each other in any way. Every player that is using the CGB is a player that could help satisy the population for a Matchmaking system. To say there is literally zero negative effect tells me you have no idea what literally means or what a single negative effect even is.

feel

Aside from the hard to read player names on the lobby, I really like the look and animations of the menus, active roster, etc

BLUE <3

As far as killcams go - im fine with them being in most modes - and I dont care if they are slightly wonky - its nice to get a general idea of what weapon the guy was using and so on - it doesnt matter that the game doesnt replicate his aim properly. Its the same way with CoD, if you acknowledge that the killcam is wonky from a reticule and aim point of view, but use it to see flanking and positioning it works.

Ramirez

No one gives a fuck about multiplayer spoilers. In fact, this entire year we've been wanting more and more information on that

I thought the whole uproar was over the fact that the game is stolen.

I mean, you guys did post the tweet from Holmes about the thieves ruining the experience. *shrug*

kylej

Banned
so the forge pieces are almost entirely from Reach, and the lighting is broken on some of the pieces? what was certain affinity doing the entire time?

For the Extraction, I'm not sure, but I think it's a mix between Invasion and Territories. It seems you have to capture 3 first territories, then more territories are unlocked and available to capture.

I can't get a handle on how it works, but it sounds neat.. Mix it with Dominion and you may have Invasion 2.0 fun edition.

The killcam doesn't show Forge pieces
looooolllll

:lol

Are you kidding me? My god.

Moa

701cdc6f2a17ed1783290aef4acf7e27.png

Oh Killcams...

blamite

Woooow killcams work terriblly. I'm not against the feature itself but if this is how poorly they're going to work all the time I'd rather not even have them at all.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Woooow killcams work terriblly. I'm not against the feature itself but if this is how poorly they're going to work all the time I'd rather not even have them at all.

not watching the stream, whats the issue? does it show crazy lag or something?

Top Bottom