• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

MrDaravon

Exactly! It doesn't matter at all that the game is stolen, at least we get to see the game we all want to play at the expense of the company that made it.

That analogy only really works if people are going to not buy the game because of footage they're watching. It must be very hard to see everyone down here from the high moral horse you're riding on.

Conor 419

Banned
This is so wrong. You cannot have one game with two different systems and NOT have them interfere with each other in any way. Every player that is using the CGB is a player that could help satisy the population for a Matchmaking system. To say there is literally zero negative effect tells me you have no idea what literally means or what a single negative effect even is.

Matchmaking would just take you into a game that's in the custom browser anyway? They're only different systems in the sense that they determine how you find your game. That's it.

Maybe custom game browsing is the wrong term, think simple 'server browsing'.

feel

Classic backsmack looked great there.

I thought the whole uproar was over the fact that the game is stolen.

I mean, you guys did post the tweet from Holmes about the thieves ruining the experience. *shrug*
We don't care about the game being stolen, it will be stolen on launch day by thousands of assholes anyways because pirate's gonna pirate. What we care about is the story details being out there so early.

edit-

I'm soooo glad they removed teabagging spectating and rotating the camera around for this halfassed killcam.

That analogy only really works if people are going to not buy the game because of footage they're watching. It must be very hard to see everyone down here from the high moral horse you're riding on.

No, I think myself and Ram are calling ot your bs double standards. Fuck those guys who want to tell people how the story ends but let's praise those who are stealing the game and playing the MP.

Yeah, no.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I smell a day one patch coming.

Reticules are wrong colour
Forge pieces don't show
Vehicles vanish

The list goes on...

for a game that appears to be so fucking polished, that is... weird

Ramirez

Killcams are wonky in CoD as well, practically every death in that game shows you not firing a single shot regardless of what you did in your game, so it was expected. They should have just had a final kill cam, it's the only one people actually watch anyways.

Does that stop the content being pirated or stolen? Serious question.
Explain to me how I am in any way complicit in piracy here. I have not pirated the game. I am not helping anyone else pirate the game. And my watching the stream doesn't reward the pirates for their piracy, except in the very vaguest sense that they might feel cooler if their stream has 384 viewers instead of 383.

I fully appreciate it sucks for the developers of Halo 4 -- and even the marketers of Halo 4 who have a timetable for how content is revealed -- to have their game shown in this way, but it is not going to influence my already definite purchase of the game, and it's not spoiling anything for anyone, just clarifying details that likely would have long been clarified by now, were Bungie still running the show.

There's no matchmaking, only a quick match option. For the first 6 (?) months it only had DICE servers, though. They introduced player owned servers alongside the DICE ones longer after launch. Personally I think it works fine, the occasional banhappy admin aside.

Yes, but it seems that shadows from the actual map still don't seem to work well with Forge objects. If an object is half in the shadow and half in the open it will show up as either lit up or completely dark, not half-half.

Then it's just sloppy forgework. Got it. Still doesn't excuse no shadows in the Griffball arena.

S1kkZ

so, people here moan about the game because they watch a guy playing a stolen copy online, 3 weeks before the game is out?

ok.

MrDaravon

No, I think myself and Ram are calling ot your bs double standards. Fuck those guys who want to tell people how the story ends but let's praise those who are stealing the game and playing the MP.

Yeah, no.

Please direct me to a single post I made where I said anything like that.

You know what happens when you make assumptions right?

Yeah, no.

Wait...

No one is praising them.

Also - I think as far as streaming multiplayer goes - they are showing no more than we already know. Multiplayer is a known quantity, we have seen all the maps and weapons (except for one) - watching people play Grifball is hardly going to hurt 343 or ruin the work they put in. Watching people play and spoil campaign is though.

Also - streaming the footage... campaign or otherwise is not illegal I think people want to keep campaign footage out of here because of spoilers. Not because of non-existent legal reasons. If im wrong then fair enough - I stopped watching the stream a while back due to the player sucking so much. :p

Overdoziz

Banned
Killcams are wonky in CoD as well, practically every death in that game shows you not firing a single shot regardless of what you did in your game, so it was expected. They should have just had a final kill cam, it's the only one people actually watch anyways.
At least it's better than what MoH: Warfighter has where you have to watch your body fall down to the ground in slowmotion for 8 seconds while you can't do anything else. That game. :lol

blamite

I was shocked to find out some people I know play Halo offline, quite rare indeed.

EDIT: Did anyone see that body just randomly jerk?

You mean when he killed the guy who was standing still, and his body flew up in the air? That was weird.

To be fair I doubt FFA Infinity Slayer will happen in matchmaking, especially with this many players.

That's true, but you still have BTB with 16 players, each able to get an ordnance drop and weapons from global weapon drops. I thought the matches we saw on Ragnorok for example looked really, really chaotic.

So BTB is all Infinity Slayer all the time, right? So we got 16 people, all with their own personal ordnance system and perks and packages and weapon loadouts and vehicles and God knows what else

I think Speed Boost only affects your movement speed... right?

his reloading was clearly faster

look see?

I honestly find ridiculous random ragdoll effects like that charming.

The first time I played Halo 2, when I killed the game's first Hunter's (was it "Outskirts"? It's in the courtyard of the second level, I believe), a dead Hunters body flew up into the air and did a backflip before landing. It never happened again, but it's something I always remembered when replaying the level.

Heck, I still remember it to this day! It was charming in its own weird way. :)

Top Bottom