• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

tj hazuki

Edit: NVM this part.

Good thing CoD is a clusterfuck of shitty maps, unbalance, and overall frustration.

But it has a nice theater right? And "skill" based ranks?

"Hey you guys winning?"
"Yeah"
"Lemme join, gotta boost my SKILLZ RANKKKKKKKK"

/SLRP
I'm only interested in the live streaming feature for BO2, otherwise i wouldn't get it.

DeadNames

Banned
I'm only interested in the live streaming feature for BO2, otherwise i wouldn't get it.

Even then, is it worth it? CoD gameplay is painstakingly boring to watch. Watching someone aim down their ACR down a hallway just to get a CLUTCHHHH 4 MAN SPRAEEE isn't worth it.
The quick kill times make everything so uninteresting and underwhelming.

/Halofanboy

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Rather casual Halo than "competitive" CoD.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hope the leaks haven't scared away too many folks here.

lastttease1.png

No blurring, no pixels. No dongs. Just tease.

So, so soon. It's out of my hands.

Omni

So BlackOps2 gets skill based ranks

Halo4 drops skill based ranks

BlackOps2 overhauls their theater mode

Halo4 rehashes from Reach

Did 343i not learn anything from the last Halo. H3 longevity was due in fact of ranking, Reach numbers are just piss poor in every playlist besides the noob friendly living dead and bloom filled team slayer. Really how hard what it had been to rehash and recopy H3 ranking system, hell its held up for fucking 5 years now.

But I guess when your catering to noobs and every other community besides competitive you get Halo 4.

/supersalty

I... I actually agree. All during Reach people were complaining about the lack of a proper skill based ranking system. When 343i took over, I thought that they'd listen.. but apparently not.

I like your last comment. There was a time where everyone in a typical Halo match would start off on even footing, but now it's just a clusterfuck of features from other successful games thrown in for the sake of it ( That 'perk' that makes you reload faster? Come on. Wonder where they got that from? eh. At least make things a little more subtle than that) - most of which make encounters completely random. No longer is Halo multiplayer about who can out-play their opponent. No, it's about who chose the slightly stronger AA at spawn.

This game has gone so far off the path of what made Halo fun to play, that it's just sad. I kinda see Halo 4 as the Medal of Honor of the Halo series; It's just a mash up of shit that no one really wanted thrown in to try and target a larger audience. I don't know how, but 343i have fucked up the multiplayer more than Bungie did with Reach. The only redeeming quality about the game is the campaign, and even then I've got a feeling it's going to be taking itself too seriously to be fun.

orznge

Banned
So BlackOps2 gets skill based ranks

Halo4 drops skill based ranks

BlackOps2 overhauls their theater mode

Halo4 rehashes from Reach

Did 343i not learn anything from the last Halo. H3 longevity was due in fact of ranking, Reach numbers are just piss poor in every playlist besides the noob friendly living dead and bloom filled team slayer. Really how hard what it had been to rehash and recopy H3 ranking system, hell its held up for fucking 5 years now.

But I guess when your catering to noobs and every other community besides competitive you get Halo 4.

/supersalty

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43169838&postcount=9238

TCKaos

H3 longevity was due in fact of ranking, Reach numbers are just piss poor in every playlist besides the noob friendly living dead and bloom filled team slayer. Really how hard what it had been to rehash and recopy H3 ranking system, hell its held up for fucking 5 years now.

/supersalty

Halo 3 had longevity because the sandbox wasn't total shit. Reach had piss poor numbers because the maps were horrible, big team battle was ruined, invasion was never supported, and the sandbox was complete and utter garbage for competitive and casual players. Reach had piss poor numbers because on most accounts it was a great many steps back from Halo 3.

DeadNames

Banned
Halo 3 had longevity because the sandbox wasn't total shit. Reach had piss poor numbers because the maps were horrible, big team battle was ruined, invasion was never supported, and the sandbox was complete and utter garbage for competitive and casual players. Reach had piss poor numbers because on most accounts it was a great many steps back from Halo 3.

This.

People here act like ranks are the deciding factor for a game. As long as it's fun, I'll play it. I don't need something telling me that I'm better than everyone. Sure, competition is great, but there's more to the game than ranks.

Reach has low pop. numbers due to the things Kaos listed. Bloom turned gunfights into coin flips, jetpack absolutely shit on maps, grenades were weapons of mass destruction, AL was a get out of jail free card. THAT is why Reach sucked. Not because of ranks.

Redford

aka Cabbie
+ Grenade indicator icon
+ Hit markers
+ The customized Starting weapons
+ The endgame music
+ Killcam to an extent, if it were third person even better

If it weren't for some of the blatant and superficial stuff like "Spartan" Ops and some of the new AA's, I'd say I appreciate much of the CoD influence.

New stream

Matchmaking obviously.

Shit, sound is glorious. And Abandon looks alright gameplay wise.

Mayyhem

how hard was it to make that HUGE building in the middle of Abandon (a non-forge map) look even a little different than the ugly forge pieces?

Kibbles

Is he on xlink Kai or something? Surely they'll be banned of it is matchmakig? Or does XBL not detect flashed xboxes?

feel

Stream is good but the guy is an utter douchebag and that outweighs my desire to keep watching, can we get a live ban like in the old days Frank?? Pretty please? *grabs popcorn*

So BLOPS2 gets ranking hmm. I guess I might actually get the game now since what I do matters. Halo why have you fallen so much that I would consider to get another COD after COD4.

Pop

Edit: NVM this part.

Good thing CoD is a clusterfuck of shitty maps, unbalance, and overall frustration.

But it has a nice theater right? And "skill" based ranks?

"Hey you guys winning?"
"Yeah"
"Lemme join, gotta boost my SKILLZ RANKKKKKKKK"

/SLRP

Welcome to Halo 4.

Edit: Sounds like you just hate COD.

Top Bottom